Cussing female on multimodal path

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 10:12 AM
Sage
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
The OP did not say they were on the MMP, in the area of Putt and Play where there were there are wide walking trails, more like sidewalks which is where they most likely were, the MMP runs along side the trails with grass in between. With all of the people that are walking now because of the virus, it makes more sense for those on bikes to use the MMPS on which they are allowed and stay off the walking trails, problems with pedestrians solved.
Problems are rarely even solved, because new day starts the problem all over again.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagesgal View Post
Try living on a championship golf course. Male golfers don't seem to care that others can hear them loud and clear. Not a day goes by when I set on my lanai and hear them swearing about bad shots. I am embarrassed for them. Do they use that language at home? People, try to stop using such profane language out in public, it just shows others how crass and low life you are.
Maybe it's low self-esteem. They must be cursing at themselves. I've never seen a bad shot that wasn't caused by operator error.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfan View Post
It’s curse, not cuss.
It depends on where you come from. I’ve always used the word “swear.” Curse is something else, much worse.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:20 AM

Adults aren’t free to use any language they choose. Try telling a cop that he’s an AH.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:20 AM
Sage
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
This is a MULTI MODAL pathway, not a road or a street. You do not have to walk into the traffic and you do not have to walk in a single file. First words are MULTI MODAL, not cart, bike, roller blades or anything else. It also does not say anything about a transportation street, road, boulevard, alley or anything near. It is for multi, which for you who do not understand means many with no limit to the means of movement. If she wanted to pass and did not have room, wait until you have room and pass.

If it had been me, my ugly side might have come out and she would have accidently fallen off her bike!!!!
See, you’re attitude the problem. You think you can wander all over block path, and put yourself in unsafe conditions and blame someone else. You are also responsible for you’re own safety. There is limitations on MMP, walking trails, and streets. None of them are free for all.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:35 AM

I have to agree with the biker as far as walking on your side so people can pass you. The language no but everywhere I go no matter how large the walking area is it seems I have move over because two people take up the whole area. I was always taught to stay on the right side. Just be considerate so others can pass you with ease.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Try living on a championship golf course. Male golfers don't seem to care that others can hear them loud and clear. Not a day goes by when I set on my lanai and hear them swearing about bad shots. I am embarrassed for them. Do they use that language at home? People, try to stop using such profane language out in public, it just shows others how crass and low life you are.
I agree with you, but:
As we all know by now that its a way of life for just about everyone to be using curse words. Just listen to the Hollywood fakers or late-night so call comedians, you know the one our naive generation is truly following, respect is long gone....
Old 04-02-2020, 10:37 AM

Manners run in both directions. I ride my ride on the paths and often come up behind walkers. Like most bikers I have seen, I simply warn them "coming up on your left". There's no sense in startling anyone let along be a jerk about it - regardless whether they are 'right' or not. There are more important things to worry about.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,960 Times in 851 Posts

Well, it brings up the question, should bikes be allowed where people walk?
Old 04-02-2020, 10:52 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 2,639 Times in 878 Posts

Quote:
We lived on a country club golf course for 13 years and when we came down here we told are agent absolutely nothing on a golf course, swearing, urinating, throwing trash on the fairways and tee areas, the noise from mowers and large sprinklers, no privacy on the decks, etc. Never again would I live on a golf course. We bought our home on a nice peaceful pond and really enjoy the quiet and peacefulness.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3193.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	83442  
Old 04-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,254 Times in 475 Posts

Perhaps she didn't have a bike seat and felt irritated
Old 04-02-2020, 11:36 AM
Default From The Villages CDD

Multi-Modal Path Information and Safety
The purpose of this web page is to provide information to residents regarding the Multi-Modal Paths in the community as well as information for golf cart safety. Please check out the links below. We hope you find the information useful! If you have any questions about the information provided please contact the District Customer Service Center at 352-753-4508.

Golf Cart Safety
In a community of 100,000 residents, golf cart safety is important both on the multimodal paths and on the roadways. To encourage golf cart safety, we have several educational materials available to help inform both residents and guests about safety. Golf cart safety brochures are available in the Customer Service Center located at 984 Old Mill Run or by clicking on the header of this announcement. You can also view a video addressing many of the concerns related to golf cart safety in The Villages by clicking the following link: Golf Cart Safety Video.

To promote golf cart safety in The Villages, The Villages Homeowners Association created a video that can be supplemented with their monthly Golf Cart Safety Clinic. The Golf Cart Safety Clinic is held at 9:00 a.m. on the third (3rd) Wednesday each month at Colony Cottage Recreation Center. To view the video, please click on the following link: Golf Cart Safety - The VHA.
Golf Cart Rules of the Road and Safety Tips
Please click on the header of this announcement to learn about Golf Cart Safety and Rules of the Road. We encourage all golf cart drivers in The Villages to Slow Down and Enjoy the Ride!! For additional copies of the attached brochure, please visit your local recreation center or the Customer Service Center located at 984 Old Mill Run.

Share the Path
"Who is allowed to use the multi-modal paths throughout The Villages?” This is a question that the District receives on a regular basis. The multi-modal paths are for use by NON-AUTOMOTIVE traffic such as bicycles, golf carts, pedestrians, and skaters. It is not legal…nor is it smart…to drive vehicles such as smart cars, motorcycles, or mopeds on any of the multi-modal paths in The Villages. For additional information, please click on the header of this announcement to read a memo from District Counsel regarding the use of multi-modal paths.
Announcement from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Effective July 1, 2013, The Florida Legislature amended FS 319.14 to allow the conversion of a Low Speed Vehicle (LSV) to a golf cart. For additional information on the process of converting a LSV to a golf cart, please click on the header of this announcement or the following website link: Low Speed Vehicles.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Were you riding the bike? Attitude fits.
As I said earlier, didn’t even know what multimodal was so no. Nice try though.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:44 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i'm sorry for you. hope there are better days ahead
My days are terrific but thank you.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvercane View Post
You’re an AH just like the lady.
Not really but I’m sure you have one
Closed Thread

Tags
cussing, ding, easy, time, multimodal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.