District 4 expansion

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baustgen View Post
300 homes, not 1000 is what I read. Where did you get such a high number? I don't think you could get 1000 homes on 60 acres. As for the golf numbers, when I look at the available tee times the majority open are above 466. Seems to me it should not be a problem.
There are two area of expansion. By the VA clinic and on the other side of the Bapist church off 42. This will effect us all, even south of the mason Dixon line.
There also another 40 acres beside the VA expansion area available. I sure they be look to stuff more homes in there at some point.

On the other hand maybe it will attract more businesses on 42? Dairy queen maybe?
Old 04-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,513 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
Please refer to the Rec News, as you are describing a family pool/rec center sometimes referred to as Village rec centers. Neighborhood pools are adult pools for villagers and guests over 30 years of age. Neighborhood pools are located at the mail stations and usually only have bocce or shuffleboard courts.
Names; Big, medium and little.

George, Charles and Beatrice or

Family, Neighborhood and Regional.

I bet you there will be pickleball courts, if it is a MEDIUM size rec center.

I say wait and see. They haven't cheated us yet.

I am not worried about water, if The Villages doesn't build it some crummy company will and we will be surrounded by slums in no time and failed ventures.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
snipped

There will be an increase of 6% in the population of District 4 with no increase in Pickleball courts, Tennis courts, Bocce Courts, Shuffle Board Courts, Horseshoe courts, golf courses, meeting rooms, or picnic shelters. Now I'm pretty sure there isn't a chance for more golf up our way, but it does seem fair to expect at least a 6% increase in the other activities, especially meeting/game rooms.

Xavier
Was/Is there any estimate of how many of those houses would be sold to snowbirds and how many sold to permanent residents. Based on all of the complaints on this board I would doubt that any of our current residents would want to relocate to this expanded area due to the anticipated crowds and lack of amenities facilities. Each snowbird that buys a house will reduce the impact of 'people pollution' during times other than the "season" - correct?

Old 04-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Was/Is there any estimate of how many of those houses would be sold to snowbirds and how many sold to permanent residents. Based on all of the complaints on this board I would doubt that any of our current residents would want to relocate to this expanded area due to the anticipated crowds and lack of amenities facilities. Each snowbird that buys a house will reduce the impact of 'people pollution' during times other than the "season" - correct?
Just remember eventually the snow birds become frogs
Old 04-09-2015, 03:46 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Just remember eventually the snow birds become frogs
Some do - some don't - I won't.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Depends on which side of the fence your on to when to consider "people pollution"

Why would current resident relocate to higher county tax area? Maybe few tax indoctrinated NE'ers? But, most try escape high taxation.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:25 PM

I thought the area north of 466 is now governed under the Community Development form of government and no longer under the control of the developer. How is it that the developer can add more land to an area that
he doesn't own anymore? I would think in order to have this land included
it would need to be annexed into The Villages CD and be voted on. Perhaps
the IRS claim that the developer is in control isn't so far fetched after all.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Villager 1 View Post
I thought the area north of 466 is now governed under the Community Development form of government and no longer under the control of the developer. How is it that the developer can add more land to an area that
he doesn't own anymore? I would think in order to have this land included
it would need to be annexed into The Villages CD and be voted on. Perhaps
the IRS claim that the developer is in control isn't so far fetched after all.
In part it was said in the April 2015 POA Bulletin.......

Quote:
Gary Moyer, The Villages Vice-President and Director of Development, said there are numerous details yet to be worked out and that The Villages will be working with CDD4 and Marion County in the future on the planning
for these new parcels.

When queried by an audience member, both Mr. Moyer and Mr. Roy acknowledged that the proposed 300 new units would be the
Ones permitted in the lawsuit settlement agreement. Thus, having reached the 300 limit, any additional new amenity contracts in the VCCDD territory would have to be approved by the Amenity Authority Committee (AAC) SNIP.......
Old 04-10-2015, 04:20 AM
Sage

In my opinion, that danged lawsuit did nothing to help The Villages overall and gave power to the residents who aren't too great running things. I am glad I live south of 466.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
In my opinion, that danged lawsuit did nothing to help The Villages overall and gave power to the residents who aren't too great running things. I am glad I live south of 466.
Perhaps you should attend the CDD information meeting you urge others to attend. If so, you would be aware that Florida law requires that eventually the governance of the CDD must be turned over to the residents by way of election of a board of members. This doesn't apply to a non residential CDD (Villages commercial districts)so the landowner (developer) will continue to appoint the board for those areas.

Just some facts, not an opinion.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Perhaps you should attend the CDD information meeting you urge others to attend. If so, you would be aware that Florida law requires that eventually the governance of the CDD must be turned over to the residents by way of election of a board of members. This doesn't apply to a non residential CDD (Villages commercial districts)so the landowner (developer) will continue to appoint the board for those areas.

Just some facts, not an opinion.
uh huh.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
All that "danged" lawsuit did was give your neighbors north of 466 the ability to maintain their amenity facilities in the same manner that you enjoy in your premier section of the villages.
Did you ever drive on the cart paths along Buena Vista that wre like riding on a railroad track, or go to Paradise rec center where there was a mold problem? Do you not think your neighbors north of 466 deserve the benefits you enjoy for their amenity fees?
The only power it gave the residents was to improve the amenity facilities north of 466 for "all" villages to enjoy.

Last edited by iaudit; 04-10-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:40 AM

Thanks for the explanation TVMayor. My understanding when I moved to TV's was each District Government is supposed to be run by a Board of Supervisors under Chapter 190 of the Florida Statutes. How is it the Amenity Authority Committee is now in control of such an important decision that affects all the residents? Where there is the will there is a way to circumvent the power of the people!
Old 04-10-2015, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:

Bogie Shooter is a poster whose opinion I highly value, and he disagrees with my opinion above. I have to believe then, that I am wrong because he is fair and honest and a huge fan of The Villages, and I trust his opinion..

I get so tired of the people who just bash, bash, bash, and I may have just lashed out.

I am sorry.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Villager 1 View Post
Thanks for the explanation TVMayor. My understanding when I moved to TV's was each District Government is supposed to be run by a Board of Supervisors under Chapter 190 of the Florida Statutes. How is it the Amenity Authority Committee is now in control of such an important decision that affects all the residents? Where there is the will there is a way to circumvent the power of the people!
Happy V, do yourself a favor and attend this orientation.

Community Development District Orientation

You are invited to attend our “Introduction to your Special Purpose Local Government” informational program. You will learn how the districts operate and learn other important community information about the people, services, and other supporting entities that help make The Villages a premier community.

No sign-ups or fees are required for this presentation. Sessions are held every Thursday at 10:00 a.m. at the District Office, 984 Old Mill Run.

You may call 352-753-4508 for additional information.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.