Do you Read Tread or just Post?

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2023, 07:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,631 Times in 601 Posts
Default Do you Read Tread or just Post?

I spend little time on this site, but if I choose to Post I read all posts before I do.

If someone has posed what my answer would be I just add the “thumbs up”, but if I wanted to add to their post I will hopefully add something important.

How many time do you read the same answer over and over. Correct answer to OPs post will have the same exact answer.

So is this just to improve posting numbers, or just don’t bother to read?

Some threads end up with countless pages of the same exact answers. My vote, is posters just read OPs post and hit reply, without reading the 64 posts after. Since I read all posts it becomes comical on how many repeat the same exact answers. Thoughts
Old 08-18-2023, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,129 Times in 4,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
I spend little time on this site, but if I choose to Post I read all posts before I do.

If someone has posed what my answer would be I just add the “thumbs up”, but if I wanted to add to their post I will hopefully add something important.

How many time do you read the same answer over and over. Correct answer to OPs post will have the same exact answer.

So is this just to improve posting numbers, or just don’t bother to read?

Some threads end up with countless pages of the same exact answers. My vote, is posters just read OPs post and hit reply, without reading the 64 posts after. Since I read all posts it becomes comical on how many repeat the same exact answers. Thoughts
Couldn’t agree more. Frequently I’ll just reply to someone who repeated what I posted with “wish I said that——oh, I did” and give the post #
Old 08-18-2023, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,556 Times in 2,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
I suspect that is the reason. Too _____ to actually read the thread and join the conversation.

I'd like a visible way to show my agreement without adding a post. It would be nice if we had both a thumbs-up and thumbs-down button with a count next to each. Maybe that would cut down on the "yeah, that's what I think too" posts.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-18-2023, 08:07 AM

I only read threads where the subject matter is of interest to me. Then I do read through all new posts.

TOTV is a site I enjoy early in the morning. My husband sleeps in and I get up, get ready for the day, make myself a cup of tea and open TOTV. I browse through it until a thread interests me and then I read. I do use the thumbs up button to agree with a poster, and I would like a thumbs down to disagree.

To me this is a harmless, relaxing and enjoyable way to start my day because when my husband wakes up I am a 24/7 care giver . A labor of love.
Old 08-18-2023, 08:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,631 Times in 601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I suspect that is the reason. Too _____ to actually read the thread and join the conversation.

I'd like a visible way to show my agreement without adding a post. It would be nice if we had both a thumbs-up and thumbs-down button with a count next to each. Maybe that would cut down on the "yeah, that's what I think too" posts.
I want a Sheldon sarcasm sign…some just don’t get it
Old 08-18-2023, 09:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,240 Times in 777 Posts

Some people just want to reaffirm what was said, especially if asking for advice .
Old 08-18-2023, 09:21 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,237 Times in 343 Posts

Boring…. Too many posters simply love to hear themselves talk. Write. Type. They yada on and on.

BTW I’m done.

PS. Or the ones who must type one line or emoji. Simply to get their post count up .

NOW I’m done.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:44 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,348 Times in 560 Posts

I only read the Threads that interest me and read most if not all of the posts in that Thread. Occasionally I will start a new Thread but not often. I try to search previous Threads to see if the subject has been throughly discussed before I start a Thread. If the content in a post is good, I could care less about where the comma, or semi-colons should go or if a word is missing or misspelled because this site is an information site and we are not writing a Masters thesis. But to each his own and all are welcome to their opinion even if it’s wrong.
Old 08-18-2023, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,217 Times in 1,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I only read the Threads that interest me and read most if not all of the posts in that Thread. Occasionally I will start a new Thread but not often. I try to search previous Threads to see if the subject has been throughly discussed before I start a Thread. If the content in a post is good, I could care less about where the comma, or semi-colons should go or if a word is missing or misspelled because this site is an information site and we are not writing a Masters thesis. But to each his own and all are welcome to their opinion even if it’s wrong.
But. but, but, but.......there is no "P" in Sumter.
Old 08-18-2023, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Sometimes you never get question answered or just barely. Some posters hijack the thread, some posters point/ counterpoint everything, and some just post anything that comes into their head. And its usually the same group that fall into these categories.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:50 AM

Don't tread on me
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 12.48.20 PM.png
Views:	450
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	99801  
Old 08-18-2023, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,412 Times in 5,508 Posts

Do you Read Thread or just Post?

Yes
Old 08-18-2023, 01:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,379 Times in 631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Boring…. Too many posters simply love to hear themselves talk. Write. Type. They yada on and on.

BTW I’m done.

PS. Or the ones who must type one line or emoji. Simply to get their post count up .

NOW I’m done.
You could have made that two posts!!
Old 08-18-2023, 01:19 PM
Default Word Salad- Me and my VP

To post or not to post, One should think about their post because when posting a post that you agree with everything stated in that post, as then it would be a redundant post. I did not want to post "hey that's what I was thinking" about such as adding thumbs up as seen in the previous posts. So I will not bother to add any additional posts about not posting.

p.s- @coffeebean ...I am not so certain that there is no "P" in Lake Sumter
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	pee.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	99804  

Last edited by bcsnave; 08-18-2023 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2023, 06:11 PM

Tags
read, post, answer, add, posts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.