All I expect is a small amount of kindness.

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2023, 08:42 AM
Default All I expect is a small amount of kindness.

I have noticed recently in some of the aerobic and yoga classes that people come in early and save spots for friends. Some people have gone as far as coming early putting down name tags and then leaving later they come back and expect their spot to be saved. These classes are very popular and many people would like to participate. Some participants have gone as far to have people move because it’s not their spot. Such high school behavior shouldn’t be allowed if this place is in fact, the friendliest place the friendliest city, and everyone is kind and understanding, why not treat other people who are interested in good health with more respect. Do you want a specific spot get there early there’s room for everyone there are classes available throughout each week , be kind others why not make a new friend rather than treat someone like they don’t belong.
Old 08-19-2023, 09:00 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,348 Times in 560 Posts

Some people are inconsiderate of others (it’s all about them) and that is just a fact of life. That said, most don’t feel entitled and are not rude.
Old 08-19-2023, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,012 Times in 5,371 Posts

If I were the instructor, saving spots would never happen.
Old 08-19-2023, 09:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee-Chee View Post
I have noticed recently in some of the aerobic and yoga classes that people come in early and save spots for friends. Some people have gone as far as coming early putting down name tags and then leaving later they come back and expect their spot to be saved. These classes are very popular and many people would like to participate. Some participants have gone as far to have people move because it’s not their spot. Such high school behavior shouldn’t be allowed if this place is in fact, the friendliest place the friendliest city, and everyone is kind and understanding, why not treat other people who are interested in good health with more respect. Do you want a specific spot get there early there’s room for everyone there are classes available throughout each week , be kind others why not make a new friend rather than treat someone like they don’t belong.
Sounds like you've been meeting the true "ENTITLED" villager. They seem to be everywhere.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 08-19-2023, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,540 Times in 2,587 Posts

My wife had that at line dancing classes as well.
"I usually stand there!" was a favorite.
In early days my lady moved, but after a while she stood her ground. (without a weapon of course.)
Old 08-19-2023, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,080 Times in 1,779 Posts

The reply is, “I guess this is going to be MY usual spot.” Seriously? And give them the “How-dare-you” look if they don’t get the hint. But then if it was one of my dear neighbors I’d just smile and move over…
Old 08-19-2023, 10:21 AM

"I have noticed recently in some of the aerobic and yoga classes that people come in early and save spots for friends."

I have lived in TV for almost 20 years and this has been happening since I arrived. It is embarrassing and hurtful and, unfortunately, often the people doing it are "in" with the instructor making it even more difficult to end this rotten practice. A lot of people used to leave their car keys on their "spot" and I had an overwhelming desire to kick their car keys all over the room, especially under the chairs. But, I never had the nerve to do it.
Old 08-19-2023, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,776 Times in 1,568 Posts

Quote:
Well, some folks are more important than others, I guess…

It isn’t just here. We do a lot of cruising: it is nothing for people to put a towel on a good chair by the pool and then disappear for inordinate amounts of time. See it at the buffets too: window tables are always preferred and it isn’t uncommon to see a cup of coffee and a spoon at a table while the person staking out that particular claim is off doing whatever.

And church? We’ve attended a couple here in TV: I guarantee that you’ll see probably a dozen or more Bibles resting on seats before the service starts while the folks claiming those seats are in the commons area gossiping and sucking down the free coffee.
Old 08-19-2023, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,129 Times in 4,235 Posts

Quote:
No different that those that were saving seats at the town squares. But I never had a problem with that---if someone said that seat is saved, I would reply with a polite "Thanks for saving it for me". (I'm not talking about someone who has been sitting there and the other person went to get a drink, I'm talking about those that tried to rope off 16 seats and when anyone tried to take one would crawl out of the woodwork claiming they were saved)
Old 08-19-2023, 10:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,166 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If I were the instructor, saving spots would never happen.
Yep, problem solved.
Old 08-19-2023, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,217 Times in 1,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
............And church? We’ve attended a couple here in TV: I guarantee that you’ll see probably a dozen or more Bibles resting on seats before the service starts while the folks claiming those seats are in the commons area gossiping and sucking down the free coffee.
Free coffee??? Really???? Maybe I should start going to church. LOL.
Old 08-19-2023, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Free coffee??? Really???? Maybe I should start going to church. LOL.
Don't you have the beans already???

Also, I don't recall a seat saving thread in well over a year---has that practice stopped, or has it now been accepted as the norm?
Old 08-19-2023, 11:40 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,453 Times in 1,483 Posts

This is exactly why I don't exercise.
Old 08-19-2023, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,217 Times in 1,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Don't you have the beans already???

Also, I don't recall a seat saving thread in well over a year---has that practice stopped, or has it now been accepted as the norm?
Too funny, GE. I've got the beans but free is free. LOL.
Old 08-19-2023, 11:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Too funny, GE. I've got the beans but free is free. LOL.
And a whole lot effort than grinding and brewing them. Friends again????
Closed Thread

Tags
people, early, classes, spot, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.