dog issues?

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Bogie Shooter: Were you trying to miss my point?
Yes, I do feel sorry for them if someone fails to pick up the mess left. They should pick it up. They should try to make sure their dog does its business at home before they go for the walk.
Are you one of the people I was talking about? If so, I feel sorry for you.
The Villages.. Florida's friendliest hometown.. I swear I have read that many times on this website.
Is it??
I dont like your noisy golf cart. I dont like your wind chimes. I dont like the smoke from your grill. I dont like your tv noise. I dont like your stereo noise. I dont like when you put out your garbage. I dont like your arguing. I dont like you working on your car and cart. Your grass is too long. Your lawn products are blowing on my lawn. I dont like you looking in my lanai. I dont like the noise your grandkids make. I dont like you.
Is this really Florida's friendliest hometown? I think so and I think everyone should try to keep it that way.
\
I guess I did. I believe in "friendliest hometown"....just cannot see how someone elses dog peeing and pooping on my lawn is a gesture of that?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
\
I guess I did. I believe in "friendliest hometown"....just cannot see how someone elses dog peeing and pooping on my lawn is a gesture of that?
A gesture of peeing and pooping implies it is intentional and repeated. I don't justify either. That was not my point.
BUT..I think we need to give each other a break and as the song goes..
Don't worry. Be Happy!
When your neighbor walks by with their puppy, instead of worrying about brown spots, be friendly, ask them about their companion.. the one they probably deeply love.....
and that is how friendships, not wars, are born. Which do you really want?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot
Let me climb on my dog park soapbox. We absolutely need a dog park south of 466! I understand that the new Springdale Dog Park in the north/east corner of TV is extremely busy.

Two dogs are allowed per household. That can be a heck of a lot of dogs in each Village. If facilities aren't provided for walking the dogs, difficult situations are bound to occur.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question from Bogie Shooter

Does this mean every time your dog has the urge, you are going to pack him off the dog park?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply from Bare to Bogie Shooter

Thanks for asking about the bathroom habits of my dogs. If you seriously want to know what happens when my dogs "have the urge", I'll tell you. They go to the bathroom in my back yard. And I clean up after them.

I take my two dogs to a private dog park every day for an hour so they get lots of off-leash exercise. This means I don't have to walk them in the neighbourhood. Which means there is no danger that they will pee on your lawn.

And that is why I support having additional dog parks!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:29 AM
Banned
Default Do You get it or Don't you

Quote:
I feel sorry for people who worry they might get a brown spot in their yard.
Could some be proud of their yard?

Do you throw cigarette butts in others yards or even the street?

Do you throw cans, bottles or other trash out of your cart into yards?

Do you spit on the side walk while walking?

Most people have one or more bad habits that bother other people.

My point is, think about what you do before you do it. That is the one thing MOST people have over lower forms of life. Dogs pee anywhere they have the urge except some people teach the dog not to do that in their own living room. Most people, if told that it was a bother would say, Oh I am sorry and it will never happen again. And not if it don't bother me then the heck with you.

However, I would use caution when or if you approach someone for doing a discusting thing anywhere, even on your property as anyone with one social flaw is very likely to have more, some of which could be violent or retaliatory.

One more point, if you live in The Villages, you are of an age that if you still haven't got to the point that you care what your neighbors think, you most likely never will.

Lou
Old 02-25-2010, 07:38 AM

What's next "cats" only everyone likes a little " pussy cat."
Old 02-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Bogie Shooter: Were you trying to miss my point?
Yes, I do feel sorry for them if someone fails to pick up the mess left. They should pick it up. They should try to make sure their dog does its business at home before they go for the walk.
Are you one of the people I was talking about? If so, I feel sorry for you.
The Villages.. Florida's friendliest hometown.. I swear I have read that many times on this website.
Is it??
I dont like your noisy golf cart. I dont like your wind chimes. I dont like the smoke from your grill. I dont like your tv noise. I dont like your stereo noise. I dont like when you put out your garbage. I dont like your arguing. I dont like you working on your car and cart. Your grass is too long. Your lawn products are blowing on my lawn. I dont like you looking in my lanai. I dont like the noise your grandkids make. I dont like you.
Is this really Florida's friendliest hometown? I think so and I think everyone should try to keep it that way.
See... there were many advantages to my private and isolated mountainside home in Central Pa.... the bear poop on the lawn could be annoying though.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarFred View Post
It seems like everyone's idea of considerate is different? For example, I thought I was being considerate by keeping my dog behind the utility barrier on the back lawn of the guy on Bailey trail who yelled at me to move along. He didn't think I was.

Maybe it's because it's February and it's really crowded here. Tensions rise when people are crowded. Maybe that guy had seen 15 dogs pee in the same place. It would've been nice if he'd told me that or just said, "do you mind moving along with your dog?" instead of yelling at me and slamming his door.

We do come down here expecting all to be hearts and flowers and that's just not how life is, is it, everyone? We all have enough life under our belts to know that, but when it happens to you (me) it frankly hurt my feelings (big baby) and made me feel weird about walking my dog anywhere. It isn't dog friendly here in terms of turf and area and I wouldn't advise bringing a big dog here unless you can take him/her to a dog park, which is the segue into....

I agree! We need a dog park south of 466. There are sooooo many dogs here. I know there are petitions. How can we do this?

Peace and love,

Sarah (Fred)
Responsible dog owners is a group that got the ball rolling on the dog park in springdale.The group that is now working on getting dog parks south of 466 is responsible dog owners 2.We meet the third wednesday of the month @ Lake Miona rec center @ 7 p.m All are welcome and encouraged to attend these meetings .Please if everyone really wants a dog park on this side.the ball is in motion and your support is needed.Please come to the next meeting...Thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Default Dog courtesy

The point seems to be missed by dog owners when they state "I always pick up after my dog". I am curious how this is achieved with urine ?? Correct......you can't. I don't believe anyone has the right to walk their animal on another person's lawn. The unpredictable nature of dogs to urinate causes damage to others lawns. I'm sure no one would like it if I went to their home and urinated on their front lawn. God knows, I have been read the riot act for stepping 2 feet onto a lawn to retrieve a golf ball. Which does absolutely no damage at all.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie View Post
The point seems to be missed by dog owners when they state "I always pick up after my dog". I am curious how this is achieved with urine ?? Correct......you can't. I don't believe anyone has the right to walk their animal on another person's lawn. The unpredictable nature of dogs to urinate causes damage to others lawns. I'm sure no one would like it if I went to their home and urinated on their front lawn. God knows, I have been read the riot act for stepping 2 feet onto a lawn to retrieve a golf ball. Which does absolutely no damage at all.
Gee.... another reminder of a quieter and simpler time in the Pa woods... weeing off the deck of the old homestead.... ahh, freedom
Old 02-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,515 Times in 1,913 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshoffer View Post
Gee.... another reminder of a quieter and simpler time in the Pa woods... weeing off the deck of the old homestead.... ahh, freedom
OH Doc. A statement like that makes all of us girls have .....ENVY.....
I think Dr. Freud mentioned that a time or two.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:11 PM

Fence....how is it that the builder can restrict the use of a fence, than builds homes that do have a fence..and not just the villas, I have seen ranch homes with a fence around it..
Old 02-26-2010, 02:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary42651 View Post
Fence....how is it that the builder can restrict the use of a fence, than builds homes that do have a fence..and not just the villas, I have seen ranch homes with a fence around it..
Because the Developer makes the rules and covenants that we live by.

I think the ranch homes with a fence were a "pilot" that was limited to one Village.

We sold our Courtyard Villa and bought a house. I really miss the fence, but now we have invisible fencing for the dogs. I once thought invisible fencing was inhumane, so I tried the collar on my arm. It is merely a tingle, annoying but not painful. The dogs learn quickly to stay away from the "beep".
Old 02-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We sold our Courtyard Villa and ...now we have invisible fencing for the dogs. ...The dogs learn quickly to stay away from the "beep".
Oh dear, that made me think of something.

Q: How does an invisible fence differ from a telephone answering machine?
A: With an invisible fence, the party (dog) is supposed to leave his calling card before the sound of the beep.

No wonder my husband thinks I'm silly.

Last edited by Pturner; 02-26-2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Never notice my typos till after I post. shesh
Old 02-27-2010, 10:09 AM

Been away from the post for a few days, but see everyone is still concerned about those brown spots from the dogs.

There must be millions of dogs in the villages because when we were down there last week all the lawns were brown. LOL

To spite it all it still looked mighty nice down there - I'll trade you the snow for a brown lawn anyday!
Old 02-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Sage

ohhh my goodness!

I appreciate that people want their lawns to look beautiful, but all this hoopla over a little yellow spot here and there?

With so many serious concerns in the world, this seems so trivial. Hardly worth getting your bloodpressure up.

I guess we are just fortunate to have a wonderful group of neighbors in our village . We dont get upset about dogs in our lawn or an occasional yellow spot.

There is an article in todays "Daily Sun" asking what do you like most about your neighborhood. I am so grateful for our tolerant easy going neighbors that have better things to worry about then someones dog walking on their front lawn! THANK YOU LORD!

and by the way, Our 2 dogs urinate in our lawn a gazillion times a day and we are yet to find a yellow spot anywhere.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.