dog issues?

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TednRobin View Post
Boy is this thread getting nasty. You all have me scared to move to TV with my dog.

Sounds like my work here is finished !!!

Fumar , as in we do our part !!!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TednRobin View Post
Boy is this thread getting nasty. You all have me scared to move to TV with my dog.
TnR, I agree
I was walking my dog after dark the other night and thought I'm gonna have to do all my dog walking after dark when I move to TV. Has me worried...

Old 02-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
WRONG !!
Your confusing Florida with Iowa .......Here , the curb is yours , as opposed to Iowa where the curb is in corn.....also many of its inhabitants..Its something about a field of dreams......You remember don't you , where people come out of a cornfield walking their little dogs and letting them pee on everyones property............It was a great movie........

shoeless Joe Fumar ..
Please go to the assessor site, look up the picture of your lot on the GIS and see for yourself. If you dont want to believe the lines, then use the measuring tool and you will find your lot measures 90 feet from the back to the front and is still 10 feet from the edge of the road. If you want to live in denial that is your choice.
Thank you for your kind words Mr. Friendly.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Gold member

I think that some folks do overreact when they see someone's dog approaching their lawn. Then there are some folks who get upset when some folks don't pick up after they do their business and assume all dog owners are the same.

As a pet owner, I try to have our dog take care of her business on our lawn and then we pick it up and flush it in our toilet. After she is done, then she gets to go for a walk and we try to make sure she stays close to curb. There are occasional accidents and we always carry a bag to pick up.

We never leave her stuff at mail stop or down storm drains. Sadly, some folks do and that makes it bad for the responsible owners.

I find it strange that some owners never have their dog(s) go on their lawn. They always make sure it is done on a neighbors or at the common areas.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Please go to the assessor site, look up the picture of your lot on the GIS and see for yourself. If you dont want to believe the lines, then use the measuring tool and you will find your lot measures 90 feet from the back to the front and is still 10 feet from the edge of the road. If you want to live in denial that is your choice.
Thank you for your kind words Mr. Friendly.
I think it would do everyone a great service if you would let all the dog owners know where you live so that everyone's dog could poop in your yard (excuse me; the "10ft common area") without having a homeowner who minds this. This would solve the problem in your neighborhood anyway. How about it JimJoe; talk the talk, walk the walk, as they say.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady View Post
Nonie.......I agree
There are lots of bigger concerns in his crazy world we are living and breathing in.
Have to agree again with the yellow spot problem.......none in my yard, where my dogs pee ?????
Like I have said before, this is sand not real dirt. The pee goes right on down, with no yellow spots. You could have grubs if you have yellow spots......
Old 02-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I think it would do everyone a great service if you would let all the dog owners know where you live so that everyone's dog could poop in your yard (excuse me; the "10ft common area") without having a homeowner who minds this. This would solve the problem in your neighborhood anyway. How about it JimJoe; talk the talk, walk the walk, as they say.
I don't understand you. Have you not read my previous posts? Let me try one more time. Please pay attention.
Dog owners should have their animals do their business on their own property! Is that clear enough?
Dog owners should clean up after their animal if there is an accident! Is that clear enough?
You don't own the 10 ft from the edge of the road towards your home so don't tell people they cant let their dog walk on it.
PLEASE try to be friendly to your neighbors who enjoy walking their dog down the street.
Isn't that what friendly is all about?
How can this possibly be so difficult?
Old 02-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog friendly View Post
Like I have said before, this is sand not real dirt. The pee goes right on down, with no yellow spots. You could have grubs if you have yellow spots......
It is my understanding that animal urine can cause some spotting if the grass is fully fertilized and the nitrogen in the urine causes the grass to have excessive nitrogen. If the grass is low on nitrogen then the urine will cause it go grow more rapidly and greener than the surrounding grass.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
I don't understand you. Have you not read my previous posts? Let me try one more time. Please pay attention.
Dog owners should have their animals do their business on their own property! Is that clear enough?
Dog owners should clean up after their animal if there is an accident! Is that clear enough?
You don't own the 10 ft from the edge of the road towards your home so don't tell people they cant let their dog walk on it.
PLEASE try to be friendly to your neighbors who enjoy walking their dog down the street.
Isn't that what friendly is all about?
How can this possibly be so difficult?
Great cop out.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Great cop out.
Amazing. I try to be constructive and people behave so badly.
It seems to me that there are some people who just don't want dogs walking down their street. No amount of precaution nor cleaning will suffice.
Am I right?
Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
Sounds like my work here is finished !!!
Fumar , as in we do our part !!!
Folks, don't be put off by Fumar. He just has a weird sense of humour. In his secret heart, he really loves little doggies. He has asked to borrow mine on several occasions.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Sage

Well Bare, I sure hope you didnt oblige him and loan them to him! No telling what you would have when you got them back!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Sage
Default problem solved

Fumar-I just read a book that could be the end of the discussion - "HOW TO WOK YOUR DOG"
Old 03-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I have a 110 lb lab and a lush, green corner "dog friendly" lot. So ... fell free to let your pooch sniff and do doggie stuff when walking by. In fact, stop in, say hi and meet Maverick (aka Bumpkus). 2800 Day Lily Run in Duval.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshoffer View Post
i have a 110 lb lab and a lush, green corner "dog friendly" lot. So ... Fell free to let your pooch sniff and do doggie stuff when walking by. In fact, stop in, say hi and meet maverick (aka bumpkus). 2800 day lily run in duval.
now that's friendly!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.