dog issues?

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Platinum member
Default I'm With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
ohhh my goodness!

I appreciate that people want their lawns to look beautiful, but all this hoopla over a little yellow spot here and there?

With so many serious concerns in the world, this seems so trivial. Hardly worth getting your bloodpressure up.

I guess we are just fortunate to have a wonderful group of neighbors in our village . We dont get upset about dogs in our lawn or an occasional yellow spot.

There is an article in todays "Daily Sun" asking what do you like most about your neighborhood. I am so grateful for our tolerant easy going neighbors that have better things to worry about then someones dog walking on their front lawn! THANK YOU LORD!

and by the way, Our 2 dogs urinate in our lawn a gazillion times a day and we are yet to find a yellow spot anywhere.
Like you, we had 2 dogs (lost them both to old age not too long ago) that "went" in our yard along with the neighbors' ones and, until this winter, had one of the prettiest yards in TV. That being said, others have a right to ask that dogs not use theirs, the key word being "ask".....no need to be hateful about it.

One thing I would like to point out that has not been addressed here is, pleeease do not put your doggie bag of waste into the storm drains (it has been addressed in other threads, tho). I have witnessed this several times and that does upset me. Not only does it pollute the retention ponds, but endangers the wildlife there if they ingest the plastic. It also has the potential of blocking the drains and we could encounter flooding without proper drainage. One simple solution is to bag it at home in the earth-colored grocery plastic bags, store in the flower bed and dispose of it on trash days. It worked for us.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 02-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Smile

So many Villagers have dogs, I cannot understand what harm it would do if we were permitted to install a nice looking fence, so people could let their dogs run in their own yards.

There could be limittions on the type of fences, but it would make life easier for lots of people...

Maybe if all the dog owners got together and signed a petition, it would be considered...

freezing in Pa....

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 02-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

I too am getting a little peeved at dog walkers. I have a large corner property and some dog walkers feel it's OK to trespass on my private property so that their dog can do its business. Some use those leash reels and some actually have walked into my yard with their pooch. Why in heaven's name do people think this is OK? I maintain my property and have a right to be free of their dogs urine and feces. People need to respect their neighbors "Private Property Rights". How about if I drive my golf cart across your lawn? I'm not damaging it and once I'm gone you won't even know I was there. That's a dog walkers rationale.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
So many Villagers have dogs, I cannot understand what harm it would do if we were permitted to install a nice looking fence, so people could let their dogs run in their own yards.

There could be limittions on the type of fences, but it would make life easier for lots of people...

Maybe if all the dog owners got together and signed a petition, it would be considered...

freezing in Pa....
Donna , You've got to be kidding RIGHT ????
If I had wanted to live in Wildwood , I would bought there !!!

fenceless fumar (also dogless and loving it.)
Old 02-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Veteran member

Florida's friendliest Hometown.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Yes it is...............
Old 02-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Eternal Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
Donna , You've got to be kidding RIGHT ????
If I had wanted to live in Wildwood , I would bought there !!!

fenceless fumar (also dogless and loving it.)
Fumar..you foul creature...I meant a nice fence, not a chain link...Estates have fences around them!!
I've never been to Wildwood are the fences nice...

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,

Old 02-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Eternal Member
Talking

Quote:
Jim...Fumar gets that way ocasionally, we are used to him...

Old 02-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Jim...Fumar gets that way ocasionally, we are used to him...
Donna: thanks. I get that way too in my old age.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Gold member

Nonie.......I agree
There are lots of bigger concerns in his crazy world we are living and breathing in.
Have to agree again with the yellow spot problem.......none in my yard, where my dogs pee ?????
Old 02-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,784 Times in 1,387 Posts
Default When the dogs even start to create the amount of damage

caused by some residents, Then there could be cause for concern!!!!
How about the posts st cart path entrances?
How about the short cuts the cart drivers take around speed bumps?
How about the bare spots/area along the cart paths caused by drivers who just don't care?
Just to mention a VERY FEW.

The above far and away out numbers ANY REAL damage PURPORTED to be done by dogs.

Just my opinion.

btk
Old 02-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
caused by some residents, Then there could be cause for concern!!!!
How about the posts st cart path entrances?
How about the short cuts the cart drivers take around speed bumps?
How about the bare spots/area along the cart paths caused by drivers who just don't care?
Just to mention a VERY FEW.

The above far and away out numbers ANY REAL damage PURPORTED to be done by dogs.

Just my opinion.

btk
While I agree with you, this is a dog issue post. Maybe you can start another thread about the about subjects.

And to the property owners that do not have dogs (or had dogs that passed away as I did), this is an important issue.

I see no reason for people to walk their dogs in my yard. I did not like it when Bart was around because he would spend a lot of time walking HIS yard checking for p-mails that did not belong to him. Then he would leave p-mails for the other dogs to check. Were the brown spots his or the other dogs? I did not care because it was his yard. They should have all been his.

Do I say anything to these dog owners? Sometimes. I really wish I could put up a sign but the deed restrictions prevent it.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Veteran member

Dog owners should be able to walk their dogs. They should do everything they can to make sure the dog does its business at home. If there is an accident they should clean it up.. but..
You need to understand you do not own the grass next to the road. It is part of the street right away. You are required to maintain it. They can allow their dogs to walk in the grass. The first 10 ft in from the road is part of the street right of way. Call the assessor or look at the map of your property on the assessors site. Everyone needs to try to get along.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Dog owners should be able to walk their dogs. They should do everything they can to make sure the dog does its business at home. If there is an accident they should clean it up.. but..
You need to understand you do not own the grass next to the road. It is part of the street right away. You are required to maintain it. They can allow their dogs to walk in the grass. The first 10 ft in from the road is part of the street right of way. Call the assessor or look at the map of your property on the assessors site. Everyone needs to try to get along.
WRONG !!
Your confusing Florida with Iowa .......Here , the curb is yours , as opposed to Iowa where the curb is in corn.....also many of its inhabitants..Its something about a field of dreams......You remember don't you , where people come out of a cornfield walking their little dogs and letting them pee on everyones property............It was a great movie........

shoeless Joe Fumar ..
Old 02-28-2010, 09:37 PM

Boy is this thread getting nasty. You all have me scared to move to TV with my dog.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.