Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2008, 02:46 AM
JohnnyM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Nothing to hate in TV. Sixty thousand people, not many complaints. Don't forget everyone who partakes in this forum is a different personality in many respects. The greater majority of us can control our emotions and sound bites; others cannot. The ones that cannot will slowly disappear in the night and find another forum, someplace, somewhere to harass. Constructive criticism is always welcome but when it becomes a nasty and/or childish criticism lines have to be drawn, not so much by the Administrators but by the TOTV forum members. JohnnyM
Old 02-08-2008, 02:00 PM
beartrack1
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Thanks Johnny, your reply says it all. You know we have friends and family living in community's all over Florida and it is the same story everywhere we go. A vast majority of the residents love where they are living and a small very vocal group just complain and complain and complain. We have spent months in TV, in rentals as well as one and two day visits at all times of the year. Each time we visit we encounter more nice people and we found it easy to make friends, sure we have met some complainers but, we expected that. It has been my experience after living in Florida for 20 years, that TV is the best run community That we have ever seen, as well as having more amenities then any other community that we know of. What I guess I'll never understand is why there is anyone that lives in TV that wouldn't agree that you lucky folks have found the best possible place to retire, bar none. I envy you all and "sorry", but I still find it difficult to read negative comments about a place that we are dying to live in. We just lowered the price, hoping to be with you all, sooner, rather then later.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

Why is everybody so shocked and outraged over a negative opinion -- Read the question -- EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

That is asking for negative opinion. It's not an insult on the people who have made a decision to live in TV. Sounds to me like some protest too much !!
Old 02-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I don't mind reading about negative things regarding TV. TV is truly an adult Disneyland and a great place to live. Heck, I'll even agree that at times it is paradise. However, even Eden had a snake. So, TV ain't perfect but it's dang close.

I do mind reading about mindless drivel. Knowing that golf cart tunnels are dangerous is a good thing. Understanding that twice a year we're going to be bugged by lovebugs is a thing worth noting. If you can't tolerate lizards, insects in general or humidity, TV obviously isn't the place for you. Personally, I'm terrified of lightning storms and every time we have one I question my sanity in living here (then the storm quits and I come to my senses). However, silly comments that houses will fall down in the rain, even if an admitted exaggeration, is an irritation and deserve to be treated as such.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Sage

I could not have drawn the words out of my brain that would sound any better than RED just stated.

There is a big difference between constructive negative comments that all of us (especially wannabes) can use and obvious viral comments. I would think the only opinions that would matter to me would be from current or former TV'ers. What can us outsiders say about what we hate in TV? We've never lived there.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
I could not have drawn the words out of my brain that would sound any better than RED just stated.

There is a big difference between constructive negative comments that all of us (especially wannabes) can use and obvious viral comments. I would think the only opinions that would matter to me would be from current or former TV'ers. What can us outsiders say about what we hate in TV? We've never lived there.
Russ & Red - I Agree

That said, however, in all my experience, I've met very few people who would let knowledge influence an opinion!! Those who do are rare!
Old 02-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The most fun I had on this thread is CHELSEA24 telling us about DINAH THE WHINAH.........Broke me right up....
nice going chels......spilled coke on my keyboard....

doesn't take much to amuse fumar.... ;D ;D ;D
Old 02-11-2008, 05:18 AM
Veteran member

??? Well when I made this posting many months ago I erred.
This question should have been directed to people who already own and live in TV.

They are the only opinions my wife and I care about. Hoping to be more completely prepared once we hit that magic number and can retire. We have already decided it will be in TV. On our visits we only met people who loved TV and thought there must be something that displease's people and so the reason for our original question.

Larry & Bev
Wanabee future TVer
Old 02-11-2008, 05:36 AM
Sage

I do live in TV .... but I am in the first flush of love. We bought last April and have only lived here since October ... four short months!! Every day I wake up and thank the Divine Goddess that I am privileged to here.

You know what? You can always find something to bitch about!! But, I absolutely defy you to find anywhere more apppealing and affordable than TV.

Loving it in the Villages lovehorse lovehorse lovehorse
Old 02-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Veteran member

Except for the hot and humid summers, we love it here. If the year round weather was like it is in Feb & March than TV would be paradise.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 02-13-2008, 04:45 AM
Veteran member

MMC24 you have hit on my one fear. We moved from N Y 13 years ago to Southern Calif for many reasons mainly employment. my secondary reason was humidity.

I love so much what I see in the Villages. My wife of 23 years lived in the Vero Beach area for 12 years in her first life and can't believe I want to move to Florida. She also is in love with what we see & read we visited last Feb after the tornado hit. As of right now we feel we will retire in TV after we do a months rental in a summer month.I think since i will be retired and not have to work in the humidity that we can deal with it.
We have 4 years to fret about it. Thanks for your input :dontknow: :bigthumbsup:
Larry & Bev
Wanabee future TVer
Old 02-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Platinum member

Diskman, Last summer was one of the hottest in our experience. Others have been quite tolerable. If you happen to have visited last July, you would have made a bad call. George
Old 02-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Veteran member

we live in Southern Calif now.
2 grandkids in Florida, 2 in N Y The 1 in Calif will move to east coast when we do.
Usual story Grand Kids Rule neeed to be near them because they help keep you young! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Wanabee future TVer
Old 02-13-2008, 10:49 PM

Katie Belle's is to easy for non Villagers to get in. The checker at the doorshould check all and if people don't have ID or their guest passes they should not be let in. Just maybe there will be room for us without Dancing Bob or the Robotman or our friends from up and down 441/27.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:16 AM
Veteran member

bump
Wanabee future TVer
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.