Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Hey Musician,

I have just the place for you in N. Atlanta. You'd love it. Privacy if you want it, lakes, not far from shopping, lots of room. Quality built all brick ranch with full basement. Priced right.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
JohnnyM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

I thought we were done with "Mak Attacks" :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Old 02-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

I'm with you English -- I 2nd that emotion
Old 02-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned

Patti and I have been down a few times and like what we see. When the market improves enough to sell our home in Central Georgia, we will be joining ya'll.

Lou
Old 02-03-2008, 10:29 PM

Musician: If you dont like it TV nobody is interested in your opinion, please go somewhere else. I cant wait to sell my property in NY to get out of here, but I will not bad mouth NY, it is a nice place for some people some time. I raised my family here and have no regrets. Now I just want do Disney World and enjoy it.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

A few things could be improved:

Lack of real cultural opportunities and excellent restaurants (but Gainesville is only about an hour away).

Hardly anyone signals as they leave a roundabout and many peel off from the left lane which is very dangerous if there's a car in the right lane who wants to continue on. To be fair, the roundabouts are not big enough to use the left lane properly --- they should only have a single lane.

Golf carts don't realize that bikers have the same rights as cars and should give way to them.

Other than the above, the Villages certainly is "Disneyland for Adults" and provides many opportunities to handle boredom.

Modification: I had not read the Musician's comments before I posted this but what he says seems to be a reasonable response to the question posed....
Old 02-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Sage

I just think Musician wanted to stir the waters. He really can't be that ignorant. Can he? :dontknow: I personally love it here and agree with all the others. But to each his own. We all create our own realities and I don't think Musician has a very pleasant one. His tone in his last posting was, indeed, rude. There are some people that just aren't happy wherever they are or whatever they're doing. I have a cousin like that and I call her Dinah the Whinah. I believe she's actually addicted to being miserable. Not me! Life is too short! Love all you fellow TV'ers. ;D
Old 02-04-2008, 03:16 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 02-04-2008, 05:26 AM
Veteran member

I want to thank you all for posting your thought about this question i posted months ago and going 5 pages strong in opinions.
We have read them all and can't wait till we will become villagers.
;D
Larry & Beverly
Wanabee future TVer
Old 02-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
I just think Musician wanted to stir the waters. He really can't be that ignorant. Can he? :dontknow: I personally love it here and agree with all the others. But to each his own. We all create our own realities and I don't think Musician has a very pleasant one. His tone in his last posting was, indeed, rude. There are some people that just aren't happy wherever they are or whatever they're doing. I have a cousin like that and I call her Dinah the Whinah. I believe she's actually addicted to being miserable. Not me! Life is too short! Love all you fellow TV'ers. ;D
Maybe, he or she should read a few months' worth of stories from the Villages Daily Sun. :joke:
Old 02-05-2008, 02:54 PM
beartrack1

I personally do not like this thread. Not because it's wrong in anyway, you know the argument, freedom of speech etc. It's just that my wife and I have spent a lot of time and effort both at TV and doing research. We just love the place and find it very difficult to read negative comments while we are dying to move there and can not, because we just have to wait until we can sell our current home. It just makes me wonder, would the people that write negatively about your nearly perfect community with so many loving and happy people, would they be happy living anywhere ?
Old 02-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Sage

I think Beartrack is right on target. I personally like to read everything because I'm very aware that some people hate anything. But there have been many comments that will make me 'aware' of something as i buy. I don't think anyone who was really interested in TV (and who has visited already) would think differently based on anything on this thread.

My 2cs - Russ
Old 02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Veteran member

I call myself an Outsider, a Newbie, and a Wannabee and I LOVE THIS THREAD ! I am in my "research mode" and am trying to evaluate TV prior to my first visit and don't know when that will be.

I find nothing wrong with anyone expressing their negative opinion, in fact those opinions might be my opinions also. Perhaps TV would be the best thing ever to happen in my life, if I moved there. OR, perhaps it would not be to my liking. Since my real estate investment will be the most important investment to me, I want to get it right.

THANK YOU ALL FOR contributing to this post and let's hear more !!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I agree with CIB, negative as well as positive comments are healthy, if you don't like a particular thread, ignore it, everyone sees things from a different point of view, doesn't make it right or wrong, just their perspective.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

In my humble opinion , Beartrack does have a point , but
Russ , Coney and Golfnut also have a good point. It does make for some interesting reading ......Some folks like to find a weak spot somewhere and harp on it to make themselves heard , but all in all there have been some great points on this thread.......
fumar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.