Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Veteran member
Default What does this have to do with this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie91423 View Post
The new Michael's opened this past weekend!
Wanabee future TVer
Old 09-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Veteran member
Default Unfortunately, I am still a working stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
I know i'm going to p*ss off alot of you wannabe's, but after 3,4,5 years, what the hell are you waiting for.You are afraid of what??????Turn off your fears and make the move.People are sooooooooooooooooooo afraid to take risk in life, they want to stay in their comfort zone."Living at risk is jumping off the cliff and building your wings on the way down."If your life is under complete control, your not going fast enough.Most of you wannabe's will never move to TV, you'll stay right where you are and have a list of reasons(excuses) why you didn't make the move. I'll be there the end of September, and can't wait to meet all of you and having the time of my life.
about 13 more months
Wanabee future TVer
Old 09-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Sage

diskman, if you look at laurie91423's post, she quoted what Gracie didn't like about TV, which was, "There is also no Michaels nearby and no place to buy artists supplies."

laurie91423 was responding to Gracie's quote and was letting her know there is now a Michaels.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default To Kentucky Blue

Originally Posted by kentucky blue
I know i'm going to p*ss off alot of you wannabe's, but after 3,4,5 years, what the hell are you waiting for.You are afraid of what??????Turn off your fears and make the move.People are sooooooooooooooooooo afraid to take risk in life, they want to stay in their comfort zone."Living at risk is jumping off the cliff and building your wings on the way down."If your life is under complete control, your not going fast enough.Most of you wannabe's will never move to TV, you'll stay right where you are and have a list of reasons(excuses) why you didn't make the move. I'll be there the end of September, and can't wait to meet all of you and having the time of my life.

Unfortunately we still have to work...so have to wait on the Good Lord and hopefully the crick won't rise. So in the mean time I learn all I can and love the humor!!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
diskman, if you look at laurie91423's post, she quoted what Gracie didn't like about TV, which was, "There is also no Michaels nearby and no place to buy artists supplies."

laurie91423 was responding to Gracie's quote and was letting her know there is now a Michaels.
Oh! Duh! mia culpa
Wanabee future TVer
Old 09-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Wink 500th reply

I got nothing, just wanted to be the 500th reply to this thread.But since i'm already here i was thinking about......... retirement.Do you all realize there's never enough time to do all the nothing you want and the trouble with retirement is you never get a day off.In retirement i go for a swim at least twice a day.It's either that or buy new golf balls.Finally ,as my 3 kids will attest to,you are only young once, but you can stay immature forever.OK ,that's all i got,just thank your lucky stars that i'm not going to be your new neighbor, now that could be something about TV you might hate
Old 09-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Does this now mean the thread can be retired???
Old 09-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Does this now mean the thread can be retired???
No because it was the 501st! Need to wait now until 1000
Old 09-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Pssst. Didn't anybody notice that Kentucky Blue bought a home here in TV?

I want to welcome you KB.

I hope I can fix you something cold to drink and that you will be frequent visitors to our home and I also hope that you and the lovely Sharon will just not find enough hours in the day to enjoy every single fun thing here in Paradise for a least a thousand years.

Happiness to you both!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Pssst. Didn't anybody notice that Kentucky Blue bought a home here in TV?

I want to welcome you KB.

I hope I can fix you something cold to drink and that you will be frequent visitors to our home and I also hope that you and the lovely Sharon will just not find enough hours in the day to enjoy every single fun thing here in Paradise for a least a thousand years.

Happiness to you both!
Thanks Gracie, but you are saying all those nice things because you know where i'm moving to and it's not the village of Hadley,sooooooooooooo your safe.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
I got nothing, just wanted to be the 500th reply to this thread.But since i'm already here i was thinking about......... retirement.Do you all realize there's never enough time to do all the nothing you want and the trouble with retirement is you never get a day off.In retirement i go for a swim at least twice a day.It's either that or buy new golf balls.Finally ,as my 3 kids will attest to,you are only young once, but you can stay immature forever.OK ,that's all i got,just thank your lucky stars that i'm not going to be your new neighbor, now that could be something about TV you might hate

Where did you buy KyB?
Old 09-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum8156 View Post
I hate this thread. I wish it would end.
jblum. And yet we keep reading it.

Last edited by Barefoot; 09-17-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
TEEErific!

I can't wait to return. Three more weeks.....

My wife has been asking me to find out if the new Michaels was open yet. Finally, I just checked their website and saw that the store opened on 9-12-10.

It will be hard to get her to leave TV next winter to return to a place without a Michaels and/or Jo-Anns. We have to drive 35 miles to Ukiah to the closest Michaels and 60 (or 90 if I am driving because I don't do the Hopland Grade) to Santa Rosa to the closest Jo-Anns from Lakeport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_175

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 09-17-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Veteran member

I love living here. There is so much to do every hour of the day. The one thing that I "dislike" about living here, is that you can't find a good landscaper. I wish I did not have to deal with anything relating to the lawn and plants Down south I came from an HOA and they took care of all lawns and plants. Again I love it here, and the lawn is just one small thing in a huge package of good things.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Default What I don't like about the Villages

I don't like the number of teenagers hanging around the squares every weekend, they hang around the parking lots and I've seen them sitting in and hopping from one to another of peoples golf carts and looking into cars parked in the parking lots behind the theaters. They come in from all the outlying towns and have their parties here. I thought this was supposed to be a 55 and over community and it isn't, they leave it wide open to underaged outsiders. Just go to the squares on the weekends and see for yourselves. It seems the village watch group and the local sheriff and police departments turn their heads and look the other way when it comes to the problem. There should be a curfue on local teenagers, like 9:00 p.m. If they don't have a valid guest card then they should be told to leave at the curfue time by the cops and village watch group. The Villages should do something about the problem and enforce a curfue.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.