Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2011, 06:01 AM

WHY is it necessary to have a big clarification of negativity. Everything in life has a negative side. I am sure that when we get to heaven, someone will have something to complain about, too serene, too boring, not enough problems, etc......Just ENJOY all the positive facts and life style living, and get on with life!!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 AM

Only 2 major complaints: We are retired - why the speeding vehicles? The other thing is the developer jamming his political ideas down my throat. Book signings and the biased Sun newspaper!!! I left a political fiasco in the last state and I moved to another one!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru8 View Post
Only 2 major complaints: We are retired - why the speeding vehicles? The other thing is the developer jamming his political ideas down my throat. Book signings and the biased Sun newspaper!!! I left a political fiasco in the last state and I moved to another one!!!
I have to speed to get wherever I'm going to get there before I forget where it is I'm going.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

MARU8--- You can always subscribe to the Orlando Slantinel. They practically give it away.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Default Villages, positive outweighs the negative for now.

:spoken Basically, the developers and their management teams own and operate The Villages the way they want The Villages to operate, and do a pretty good job of doing that for now.

A small list for you to consider when making a major purchase. Do not get caught up on the hype "Friendliest Hometown"

However YOU MUST Do your homework, question everything about the purchase of your home, retain your a buyers Agent to work WITH YOU , regarding loaction, where
are sewage tratement facilities, the maintenece facilities,
the Train tracks. Retain you own Real Estate Attorney, Home inspector, and Independent Real Estate Appraiser, in fact have your home inspector do the walk through with you, before the closing on your home.

Lack of objectivity in reporting the news. The same with guest columns and politicaal opions. Of course you do not have to subscribe to the Daily "fun" newsletter.

Lack of fair objectivity regarding political issues. Republican supporters and candidates sit in the front of the bus all others still ride in the rear, or not at all.

Lack of complete open discussion regarding your district or Village.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:33 AM

Bump.....
Old 07-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Our new village has no pool.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:15 AM
Sage

This whole discussion is from 2007. No longer relevant
Old 07-06-2011, 06:17 AM

We have been here in TV for 3 months. In that time we have gone on 2 vacations. Both of us have found ourselves after the 4th day ready to head back to TV! We just find there is so much to do and enjoy here at TV you actually miss it when you are gone! We had not been home 3 hours from this recent trip when one of my neighbors came over to welcome us home and to present me with a AF Veterans Hat honoring my service. Later another nice neighbor came over to return a brownie dish my wife had sent over to her with freshly baked brownies welcoming us home and included with the dish was a Thank you card with a Giftcard to Bed Bath & Beyond...

So while there is nothing I hate about TV, the one thing we dislike, is being away from home and our great neighbors for too long. I hope you are able to realize your dream and make TV your future home. When that happens, what I said will make better sense. Good luck!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:20 AM

Which village are you referring to ?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
This whole discussion is from 2007. No longer relevant
Sorry, but I have learned a great deal from this thread...Good , Bad and Ugly...
Old 07-06-2011, 07:04 AM

We have been here 8 months and don't want to leave!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:41 AM

Ok I really tried to find something I didn't like, I tried while I relaxed, while I ate, while I talked to others, while looking at the water in Sumter landing. While hearing the music in the square I tried. On the golf cart and while walking. But honest all I could think of was things that just were not that important to being happy. I mean really what to wear, where to eat, which pool to go to. what club I can't go to when I am at another. The grass I think was my only big deal. Watching it grow can be very time consuming. However I admit I fell asleep while I was watching the grass grow in the late afternoon. With my drink next to me, music from my Ipod playing, and once in a while the hit of a golf club hitting the ground instead of the ball. Even my dog and cat are asleep on the lanai. Wait the dog is not alseep she just moved a little.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
Sorry, but I have learned a great deal from this thread...Good , Bad and Ugly...
Agree - some of it may no longer be relevant, but most is helpful, I think.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Our new village has no pool.
Gracie - did you find a lot? I have been hoping you would find the perfect spot for the G's....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.