Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
I've lived here 4 years and had two solicitors come to my door. Hardly a problem for me. Perhaps it's got to do with location.
Same here- guess some people dont like the Fuller Brush man
Old 08-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
I've lived here 4 years and had two solicitors come to my door. Hardly a problem for me. Perhaps it's got to do with location.
Good, makes me feel better. I was thinking I was gonna be deluged. I can be polite and turn away a few.....and the few times that Jehovah Wittness's come by doesn't bother me....a polite "no thank you" works for me....
Old 08-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

i don't like people who have such disregard for the abundance of wildlife that we have here in the villages. i was driving on o'dell just before the hemingway gate and noticed a large turtle crossing the street. i stopped my car to help it get across and perhaps take it to one of the ponds. the poor thing had a large crack in his shell and a hole in the shell oozing blood. it was obvious that a vehicle had run over it. he was alive and another driver came and scooped him up to see what he could do. a turtle crossing the street is pretty obvious. why would anyone run over it? really, is anyone in such a hurry?
Old 08-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Platinum member

I'll bet running over it was an accident...poor thing. I hope he makes it and isn't in pain.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
i don't like people who have such disregard for the abundance of wildlife that we have here in the villages. i was driving on o'dell just before the hemingway gate and noticed a large turtle crossing the street. i stopped my car to help it get across and perhaps take it to one of the ponds. the poor thing had a large crack in his shell and a hole in the shell oozing blood. it was obvious that a vehicle had run over it. he was alive and another driver came and scooped him up to see what he could do. a turtle crossing the street is pretty obvious. why would anyone run over it? really, is anyone in such a hurry?
Did you know when you rescue a turtle you should put him on the side of the road he was headed - not where he came from? Otherwise he will just try it again. Hope the turtle heals.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:09 AM

I have been looking for negative issues, but thus far have not seen or heard anything of any significance. I am not in TV, I have been lurking and still have to work at least until they clean house and get rid of us older employees, i.e. grey beards/boomers.

We have visited numerous times, and I expect we will rent or stay for a more extended period, then make a decision. My brother has been in Tampa for many years and for some reason does not have much of an opinion on TV. I will also note that I find property outside the villages much less expensive, but you will not have the same ambiance.

I think you can find positives and negatives no matter where, or what you decide.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaribe;5***70
I have been looking for negative issues, but thus far have not seen or heard anything of any significance. I am not in TV, I have been lurking and still have to work at least until they clean house and get rid of us older employees, i.e. grey beards/boomers.

We have visited numerous times, and I expect we will rent or stay for a more extended period, then make a decision. My brother has been in Tampa for many years and for some reason does not have much of an opinion on TV. I will also note that I find property outside the villages much less expensive, but you will not have the same ambiance.

I think you can find positives and negatives no matter where, or what you decide.
That quote describes my office to a T. Anyone over 50 who has been with my company 15 or more years is an "old timer", and I'm sure the upper management would love to put most of us old timers out to pasture.

Good luck with your decision. I would move to TV tomorrow if I could...
Old 08-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
That quote describes my office to a T. Anyone over 50 who has been with my company 15 or more years is an "old timer", and I'm sure the upper management would love to put most of us old timers out to pasture.

Good luck with your decision. I would move to TV tomorrow if I could...
I am now 69 and when I was in my 50s all of you young folks wanted to get rid of me. when I was in my 30s I wondered why those OLD people wouldn't get out of my way. I guess that is part of the circle of life.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:00 AM

Hmmm...after reading through many pages of this thread, I'm thinking that if lawn ornaments were allowed, some of these posters should have the garden flag in their front lawn that states:
"WINE A BIT, YOU'LL FEEL BETTER"

I'm just sayin..........
Old 08-26-2012, 09:23 AM

All areas of the Villages are not treated equally. What is allowed in one area is not allowed in another. Awnings in one development are okay but not in another development. Lawn chachkis are okay here but not there. Pulllllll ez!

Jerry Jackson

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

with over 145,000 looking and less then 1,000 answers, most just don't comment
Old 08-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

This thread should be closed.........who is going to read 90 pages?
Old 08-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Default OK

Well said Boogie
Old 09-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs up I was the originator of this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Those that want the answers to other peoples frustrations before making the jump
Wanabee future TVer
Old 09-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Me.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.