Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
...don't like that some people use the exact same hand signal (arm straight out) whether they are taking a right or a left in their cart. What gives with that? I saw two of them yesterday.
My favorite is the golf cart driver in his cart lane on the rightside of the road going on forever with his left turn signal on. It's usually a Yamaha because they don't have a warning sound and the left indicator light is blocked from your vision below the steering wheel.

I went to the LSL Yamaha dealer and had them install two LED turn signal indicator lights on the windshield sideposts. They are eye level and you can't miss them. I wish they made those standard equipment on Yamaha. If anyone is interested it was $50 parts and labor, and while he was at it he lowered my big sideview mirrows at no charge, which at eye leval had created blind spots when making a turn.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Bosox...I am guessing that you too are suffering from the same seasonal allergies that are affecting a lot of us right now. Mine started about a week ago and I cough, daughter Helene sneezes and her nose drips, friends have watery and itchy eyes. I have heard it blamed on the Bottle Brush blossoms and it could be the liveoaks, but whatever it is is not good for the upper respiratory.

I know the fumes don't help it. Nurse Nelly...here diagnosing from afar. That will be five cents please.
Mine started with that dreadful post nasal drip & has developed into a horrendous cough.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Mine started with that dreadful post nasal drip & has developed into a horrendous cough.
I had that last year. I got a prescription for "Z-Pack" which is a 5 day dose of an anti-biotic and it worked great. Another good treatment before it develops into the horrendous cough is Saline Solution (from Publix pharmacy for about $2.50) sprayed into each nostril several times a day.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
I picked that virus up in Europe this year. I thought it was allergies, but it developed into a dreadful hacking cough and I am sure it was a virus. Mine finally cleared up after about six weeks, but the other half was deathly sick with it and needed antibiotics for a sinus infection!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Platinum member
Default Vicks Inhaler

Vicks is everyone's "old family favorite" - to help you breathe when you have allergies or a virus, you can try the Vicks inhaler (or the generic brand). It works really well, and doesn't have a rebound effect.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 09-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Thread has been hijacked once again.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
My favorite is the golf cart driver in his cart lane on the rightside of the road going on forever with his left turn signal on. It's usually a Yamaha because they don't have a warning sound and the left indicator light is blocked from your vision below the steering wheel.

I went to the LSL Yamaha dealer and had them install two LED turn signal indicator lights on the windshield sideposts. They are eye level and you can't miss them. I wish they made those standard equipment on Yamaha. If anyone is interested it was $50 parts and labor, and while he was at it he lowered my big sideview mirrows at no charge, which at eye leval had created blind spots when making a turn.
what, they shouldn't do the same thing they do when driving their car???
Old 10-18-2012, 07:54 AM

I cannot think of anything to hate about The Villages. I do however wish people would use more care when driving both their motor vehicles and golf carts. I have had a few close calls because of either distracted or confused motorists. It can be very scary and it certainly does not help my blood pressure level, which is already too high.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Platinum member
Default Transportation Options

I don't "hate" it, but there is a serious lack of public and private transportation options for residents

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 10-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

That's the only thing I hated about the rental golf car I used a few weeks ago. The turn signal switch had no warning light or noise and ususally being in a car where they turn off automatically I tooled around with a turn signal on. Thankfully a few villagers were kind enough to let me know. I felt like such an ass. Well, lesson learned.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Gold member

No place to make a U-turn when you miss your destination by car.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
No place to make a U-turn when you miss your destination by car.
Also, no place to pull over if you are new and need to read a map or answer a cell phone etc.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:06 PM

The only problem in The Villages is the people speeding! Why are they in such a hurry?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Default Once and again

The only problem in TV is the Sick Care System
Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

I think its all been said before.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.