Friendliest Town?

Old 05-08-2024, 05:35 AM
Default Friendliest Town?

All right so my wife in a car and another motorist in a car had a little stand off as to who should go first around a parked truck on the road. Right out in front of our house. The guy was in a hurry and did not want to wait. They were car to car. The nice fellow with his wife in the passenger seat goes around on the grass roles down his window and yells to my wife get the F out of the way or I am going to Fing Kill you.
My wife was so shaken she did not get the license plate number or come in and get me.
That was not very Friendly.
PS if the guy reads this and wants to discuss how rude my wife was to hold you up 3 seconds please PM me
Old 05-08-2024, 05:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,031 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbud View Post
All right so my wife in a car and another motorist in a car had a little stand off as to who should go first around a parked truck on the road. Right out in front of our house. The guy was in a hurry and did not want to wait. They were car to car. The nice fellow with his wife in the passenger seat goes around on the grass roles down his window and yells to my wife get the F out of the way or I am going to Fing Kill you.
My wife was so shaken she did not get the license plate number or come in and get me.
PS if the guy reads this and wants to discuss how rude my wife was to hold you up 3 seconds please PM me
Obviously, this was uncalled for. However, there are rules of the road that govern who should proceed first (the person with the lane/side that is NOT blocked goes first). If people follow the rules, there is much less conflict. So, which vehicle was driving on the opposite side of the road to go around?
Old 05-08-2024, 05:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
That guy was a real romantic, huh?!

I know what I would’ve done but then again, I’m not letting a couple of tool bags come between me and my liberty (ie; jail). That said, hopefully you or your neighbors have decent Ring cameras that can identify the individuals or their plate information. If it played out the way you described, the threat alone is a criminal matter. You could file a police report but without those details, it’s not going to bear much fruit.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:28 AM

The nice fellow behind pick up truck, my wife in open lane to go by the pick up truck. Filed a police report. I have a Eufy but does not go that far out
Old 05-08-2024, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,031 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
The nice fellow behind pick up truck, my wife in open lane to go by the pick up truck. Filed a police report. I have a Eufy but does not go that far out
So the jerk was wrong on 2 counts. Don't judge Villagers by one moron. (Or those from the Northeast either)
Old 05-08-2024, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
So the jerk was wrong on 2 counts. Don't judge Villagers by one moron. (Or those from the Northeast either)
I agree.
A different thread title could have been chosen.
Old 05-08-2024, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,227 Times in 5,425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Very true
Old 05-08-2024, 08:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,217 Times in 768 Posts

There are jerks everwhere , laugh it off.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,063 Times in 1,767 Posts

If it was a pickup truck, chances are it wasn’t a Villager… although a few do own pick ups but not many.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
If it was a pickup truck, chances are it wasn’t a Villager… although a few do own pick ups but not many.
Not correct...
Unless you moonlight as a gate attendant, you couldn't possibly say that with any certainty.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
There are jerks everwhere , laugh it off.
There are jerks everywhere. But they seldom make me laugh. 🙄😒😬😱😡
Old 05-08-2024, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,001 Times in 2,500 Posts

Quote:
Don’t mean it was bubble person, lots of locals zip through villages? Odds are it was?

Lots of crazy medicated/doped up people out there. Then, there ones that are just crazy and need medicated . They was crazy where came from and villages didn’t magically cure them. Top it off most don’t know how do 4 way stop. You got stop before you’re in line and guy on right has right of way. Another problem when two from opposite direction meet at intersection at same time and one turning?
Old 05-08-2024, 09:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I agree.
A different thread title could have been chosen.
It ended with a question mark, so imho the title was merely asking, "Wazup?
Old 05-08-2024, 09:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,716 Times in 979 Posts

Maybe this will make the OP feel better.
Just this morning I was futzing around in the driveway, getting things in order for my snowbird departure.
A neighbor, 5 doors down, whom I had never met pulls up in his golf cart and says "I noticed you couldn't get to the top of your holly bush when you and your wife were trimming. I have an 8-foot ladder. Would you like to borrow it?"

Sure, so we go back to his place, get the ladder, set it up and he looks at me and says "are you comfortable with ladders?" I said "not totally but I have never fallen off one, yet", so he says "here, I'll do it. I've spent most of my life on ladders", so he proceeds to trim the top of the holly bush for me.

My neighbor's name is Larry. He's a nice man. For every jerk like the guy in the OP, there are dozens and dozens of Larrys in TV.

Take a few deep breaths, and be thankful to live here, with all of the Larrys.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:12 AM
Sage

Wonder how much damage he did to the yard he drove through?

KEEP OF THE GRASS!
or what's left of it. 🤬

Tags
wife, car, guy, fing, shaken

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.