GMR vaccinations suspended??

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2021, 11:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Story in the NYTimes today says this info from the CDC is nonsense, that there is almost no chance that people who are fully vax'd can catch and transmit the virus. [shrug]

kathy
"Almost" is the key word there (although I can't find that article since I don't sub to the NY Times). It has NOT been proven either way but LIKELY they say you are correct. When the scientists AND THE VACCINE MAKERS say so, only THEN I will believe it. Here's something to think about, at ABOUT 95% effective that still means one has a 1 in 20 chance of still catching and transmitting it after being fully vaccinated.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,493 Times in 2,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
"Almost" is the key word there (although I can't find that article since I don't sub to the NY Times). It has NOT been proven either way but LIKELY they say you are correct. When the scientists AND THE VACCINE MAKERS say so, only THEN I will believe it. Here's something to think about, at ABOUT 95% effective that still means one has a 1 in 20 chance of still catching and transmitting it after being fully vaccinated.
I still prefer to look at it as a 19 in 20 chance of avoiding the virus!
Old 01-19-2021, 07:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I wish Governor DeSantis would let us know what has happened.
hopefully, everyone has emailed him about this. I did. I expressed that the worst part of this was getting people's hopes up and then it is gone without any explanation. I can be patient if we are given accurate information about a realistic timeline for getting the vaccine. but all we've got so far are photo ops. then aborted operations.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,206 Times in 1,946 Posts

Please email Governor DeSantis. Thank you......

Email the Governor
Old 01-19-2021, 09:23 AM
Default disapearing vaccines

First it was the vaccines that the hospital was to receive and they were diverted to somewhere. Now more are not available. It seems that we villagers are being played by
outside forces.
When we had our shots in Belleview , signed up for V-Safe through the CDC. It tracks any reactions and the batch number. So they can find out where the shots really went through the batch numbers. Hope someone checks into this for us.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:35 AM

No one seems to have any worthwhile information on whether or when GMR will begin vaccinating again. I received my first last Friday, but wife's appointment was postponed. My impression of GMR is high. they were very professional and courteous.

My guess is they were blind-sided when the vaccine shipments did not happen. There is no point in incurring the expenses for the site when no vaccine is available. I really hope they return!

The communication from all levels of government is really dismal! If this was a world war, we would all be learning a foreign language by now! I view the development of the vaccine in record time as a great accomplishment. The distribution is an epic failure.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,280 Times in 5,448 Posts

Do not expect an answer directly but just emailed the governor and reminded him that if he chooses to run again no info is not something that will be forgotten.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN48 View Post
I view the development of the vaccine in record time as a great accomplishment. The distribution is an epic failure.
You can't distribute a vaccine that hasn't been produced yet.
Takes time to manufacture millions of doses.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,482 Times in 2,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
You can't distribute a vaccine that hasn't been produced yet.
Takes time to manufacture millions of doses.
According to WaPo tracker (no idea how accurate it is) 31M doses have been distributed but only 10.6M people have been vaccinated (most with only one shot).

The location and status of the other 10M-20M doses seems to be a mystery.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-19-2021, 09:56 AM
John41

Although Operation Warp Speed will continue under the incoming manager , Dr. Kessler, there will be the following distribution changes primarily not holding back vaccine for second shots and expanding providers.
------------------'
Biden will aim to release nearly every available dose of the coronavirus vaccine when he takes office. The Trump administration's strategy originally was to hold back half of US vaccine production to ensure second doses are available, but it has since reversed course and said it would distribute reserved second doses immediately, effectively adopting Biden's approach.

Biden's plan will increase the public health workforce to support the vaccination effort, which includes allowing for additional professionals to administer vaccines and encouraging states to expand the scope of practice laws and waive licensing requirements where appropriate. The president-elect will also mobilize a public health jobs program to support the response to the pandemic.

Last edited by John41; 01-19-2021 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There was no stockpile. It can't be missing if it never existed. Health & Human Services Secretary Alex Azar resigned yesterday and announced it then.
The current administration (up to noon 1/21/2021) lies on the way out of command also! How could so many people have trusted what was said for so long? If their spouse, children or best friend had lied to them so often, they'd have confronted and straightened that business out right from the get-go.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
The current administration (up to noon 1/21/2021) lies on the way out of command also! How could so many people have trusted what was said for so long? If their spouse, children or best friend had lied to them so often, they'd have confronted and straightened that business out right from the get-go.
Lies like, you can keep your doctor if you want to, or every family gets $2500 when my health plan is law? These lies?
Old 01-19-2021, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,334 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Please email Governor DeSantis. Thank you......

Email the Governor
Florida has a population of 22M, Sumter has 120K.....I appreciate your effort but emails to DeSantis on this subject will have no impact, even if it mattered he has set the course and I doubt he will, or can, waiver. Too many moving parts.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-19-2021, 12:52 PM

You only hear what you want to hear. The truth lies somewhere out there.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,280 Times in 5,448 Posts

Any chance we can keep politics out of this?
Closed Thread

Tags
gmr, vaccinations, suspended, read

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.