Golf cart path to Brownwood from Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2020, 07:38 AM

The bridge is completed. The developer wasn’t lying. It just hasn’t been placed over the highway and connected.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:45 AM

I believe the first mistake would be listening to a person who is trying to sell you a residence
Old 03-07-2020, 07:47 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

You can be happy to live here but not necessarily happy about everything in it. Connectivity, apparently has been affected by delays in construction and sales people can say anything they want. It may have been true, in their belief, that the bridges would be finished by a certain time period but that not being the case, you have little choice but to wait. Certainly frustrating but like everything else, you can probably manage well enough. I have lived in Hillsborough for over five years and am surprised at how long it took Brownwood to fill up. Some of the existing buildings have never had a tenant. This was a surprise to me but what can you do? It will all work out.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:49 AM

As Laker14 stated, I too am surprised there is even a Fenney to live in. When we bought our first Villages home in 2006 in Largo we were told the Villages was going to end at 466A and cap at 75,000 ppl and the resale on our property would soar since there would be no new construction! I know the realtors are saying what they are told to say, but come on!!
Old 03-07-2020, 07:53 AM

they will all you anything to get you to buy. no different than a used car dealer
Old 03-07-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyarchik View Post
We moved to Marsh Bend in May 2019 and were told by our agent that the golf cart path to Brownwood and the shops, would be built by spring of 2020. We only have one car and a golf cart so if one of us has the car the other one has no access to food or doctors. Does anyone know the actual dates the path and shops WILL be built, or who can tell us?
Don’t make decisions based on statements by a sales agent. They are out to make a sale and certainly not privy to all construction plans and schedules.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:59 AM

Buy another Car.. long time waiting.. believe it when you see it..
Old 03-07-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Whenever anyone is doing construction (additions, houses and the list can go on) there are permits to get, weather to work around, sub-contractors to work with and that list can go on as well. There are always delays!! Always!!! As JonathanB said (being a former agent)---they work with the information they're given, meaning the sales agents.
In our previous life my best half built homes for a living plus we built some for ourselves as well. We always had target dates put in place for the finish but never achieved them. Once we did however, ALL of the inconveniences were long forgotten. Take a deep breath and enjoy your time today.
Well, that is true but the Villages Management certainly knew that the end would be unpredictable so should have put a cushion on promises to customers, Oh -- wait -- that might mean selling less homes or selling homes for less money. Nevermind.....
Old 03-07-2020, 08:27 AM
Default Developer’s kids fails residents...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
The last I just read is now it won't be until early 2021. They are sorta behind schedule or at least what they were telling people.
Just another bait and switch by the greedy kids.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
We moved to Marsh Bend in May 2019 and were told by our agent that the golf cart path to Brownwood and the shops, would be built by spring of 2020. We only have one car and a golf cart so if one of us has the car the other one has no access to food or doctors. Does anyone know the actual dates the path and shops WILL be built, or who can tell us?
There are issues with the bridge going over the turnpike. Rumored that the turnpike was holding it up. Could be a year before that is completed.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:33 AM

We have been trying to get answers for months. The updates in the Daily Sun today still do not mention the Turnpike (Water Lily) Bridge.
The Magnolia Plaza was supposed to be done last Fall and full connectivity two months ago.
It’s shameful that the Developer will not be open and update us about these promises that turned to lies.
Lack of transparency makes me think that they have something to hide.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger915 View Post
We have been trying to get answers for months. The updates in the Daily Sun today still do not mention the Turnpike (Water Lily) Bridge.
The Magnolia Plaza was supposed to be done last Fall and full connectivity two months ago.
It’s shameful that the Developer will not be open and update us about these promises that turned to lies.
Lack of transparency makes me think that they have something to hide.
Well TIGGER, you could say that, and you did say that and I wonder why on your first post.

In fact I have one word to say.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:43 AM

Totally agree. Class-action lawsuit just waiting
Old 03-07-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
There is no specific information about when the MMPs will be available. I'm pretty sure that the key factor in their construction is the development of Villages and roads (that Sumter County builds) south of route 44. After the roads are built, the MMPs that run beside them will be constructed. The primary reason that it is taking so long for the bridges to be finished is that they currently would have no links to any MMPs south of route 44. The work they are doing on the bridges could be done in a much, much shorter time but since no MMPs, they are working very slowly.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:10 AM

The Villages does not have Real Estate Agents. They are Marketing Sales people employed by the Developer and not Licensed
Realtors.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, path, cart, car, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.