Golf cart path to Brownwood from Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2020, 09:11 AM

I wouldn’t believe everything the agent tells you !!
Old 03-07-2020, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeritz53 View Post
The Villages does not have Real Estate Agents. They are Marketing Sales people employed by the Developer and not Licensed
Realtors.
Very nice non pushy folks, those agents. Our favorite is Jim McLaughlin. He helped us with two new homes here. He is a gem. I think he was a realtor once, but we overlooked that.

Jim and Patty have become our friends and I think Jim has now moved within The Villages TEN times. (He likes their products) lol.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyarchik View Post
We moved to Marsh Bend in May 2019 and were told by our agent that the golf cart path to Brownwood and the shops, would be built by spring of 2020. We only have one car and a golf cart so if one of us has the car the other one has no access to food or doctors. Does anyone know the actual dates the path and shops WILL be built, or who can tell us?
Really?
The cupboards are bare, and starvation a real danger!
As for the doctor bit. C'mon!!
Old 03-07-2020, 09:47 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl View Post
As Laker14 stated, I too am surprised there is even a Fenney to live in. When we bought our first Villages home in 2006 in Largo we were told the Villages was going to end at 466A and cap at 75,000 ppl and the resale on our property would soar since there would be no new construction! I know the realtors are saying what they are told to say, but come on!!
They were right about one thing, your property value did in fact soar.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:49 AM

If you saw the latest video by the Wing Nut he mentioned it would take at least another year before there would be bridge access to Brownwood. I heard 9-12 months for Publix’s. All in time, hence discounted prices.

Last edited by Davelinda91; 03-07-2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Add
Old 03-07-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeritz53 View Post
The Villages does not have Real Estate Agents. They are Marketing Sales people employed by the Developer and not Licensed
Realtors.
They are "Licensed Realestate Professionals" and that is in writing. They are not however MLS agents.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
They are "Licensed Realestate Professionals" and that is in writing. They are not however MLS agents.
Yep.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:13 AM

I also am a happy resident of the villagers, but this isn’t the original vision that was presented years ago. For those folks that bought into The dream of Fenney and Marsh bend being connected to Brownwood story, they didn’t do their research on the area. The Morse Grandchildren have been operating on greed for years and they’ll never stop.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
I also am a happy resident of the villagers, but this isn’t the original vision that was presented years ago. For those folks that bought into The dream of Fenney and Marsh bend being connected to Brownwood story, they didn’t do their research on the area. The Morse Grandchildren have been operating on greed for years and they’ll never stop.
Really, the children are holding off on connecting so people will go elsewhere instead to shop, eat, all the while losing money to those businesses that they collect a percentage of the profits.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Ramps will likely be the last part of the project. Villagers ignore instructions to stay out of construction areas.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:52 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanb View Post
I am a retired sales rep. Your rep was not lying to you. They were telling you the best information we had at that time. The developer kept changing the dates on us. As far as I know the TP bridge will not be completed until the end of this year but that doesn’t mean we’ll be able to use it.
That may be true, but the rep is still going to be blamed. It is pretty clear that the developers are having reps say whatever they think will sell the houses. They told us in 2012 that build out would be in 5 years max. How many lies does the developers have to tell you before you begin to understand what you/they are doing? If you keep working and keep passing on the lies, well, you’re going to get blamed.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:07 PM
Sage

What is the consequence of getting “blamed”? I would guess there isn’t any consequence. Would you have purchased your home if you knew The Villages was going to continue to grow? I suspect the answer is “yes” for most people. We bought in 2014 and was told “build out” was coming soon. I didn’t believe it and doubt many others did either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
That may be true, but the rep is still going to be blamed. It is pretty clear that the developers are having reps say whatever they think will sell the houses. They told us in 2012 that build out would be in 5 years max. How many lies does the developers have to tell you before you begin to understand what you/they are doing? If you keep working and keep passing on the lies, well, you’re going to get blamed.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:52 PM

The Villages has all the inspectors lined up so "waiting" isn't an issue. This is simply a matter of misinformation given to agents and the general public. Yes the bridges may go up by mid to end of 2020 but the ramps and connectivity to them is another issue. I'm glad I don't live south of 44 because unless you want to drive a car you have no other infrastructure or options.
Old 03-07-2020, 02:59 PM

We purchased in Marsh Bend in August, and are full time as of January.

The bridge connectivity was part of our decision process but not the primary one. The home, the new neighbors, Everglades Rec Center, and walking trails were key factors for us.

We only have a car and bikes so far, but the golf cart is ordered. We don't mind the drive for shopping, entertainment, or doctor visits.

We expect it will be better, eventually. In the meantime, we are enjoying everything!
Old 03-07-2020, 03:15 PM

Construction is always a very risky business that is fraught with unexpected situations and delays. The beautiful new south end homes were sold at significant discounts for good reasons. How would a sales agent know where the developer will stop building? Why would anyone believe such assertions?

Could the bridge construction delays be an after-effect of the bridge collapse in Miami? We should hope that it caused reassessments of the safety of all new bridges.

The developer has nothing to gain— and much to lose—from delaying golf cart connectivity and retail services.

I agree with Graciegirl (thank you!) The Villages is a beautiful, wonderful community. The developer’s family has done an excellent job of creating an affordable, livable hometown while protecting not only their investment but the investments of everyone who buys property or who opens a store. And they have attracted so many nice, loving, happy, blessed people! It’s a pretty darn nice place to be, this side of heaven.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, path, cart, car, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.