Groom and Workman transportation

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2022, 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=jellybeanrt;2129256]I need transportation to the Orlando airport, any feedback on Groom transportation and Workman Transportation would be helpful. Thanks[/QUOTE. “ Groome” We are south of 44 so probably that helps. Happy that our car is sitting in our garage and not outside somewhere.
Old 08-25-2022, 07:04 AM

Both Groome, and Workman run on set schedules and do a good job unless you get delayed and it is after hours.
Village Airport Van runs 24/7
Old 08-25-2022, 07:19 AM

I’ve used Workman several times without any issues. I find the drivers are pleasant and helpful. My trip last month was delayed out of Baltimore for over three hours. It was a Sunday and their office was closed so I called the after hours number. The woman was very helpful, and sympathetic, and I was surprised that the driver picking me up on the later shuttle was aware of the situation.
Old 08-25-2022, 07:56 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

People, there's only ONE professional car service in the area, most of you know who it is. For the ones that don't, there's CAPRI Transportation. 13 luxury vehicles, that operate 24/7, you call you NEVER speak to a machine. Permits for all major airports in the state of Florida, every professional driver in the area are employed by CAPRI!!!
Old 08-25-2022, 08:36 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,232 Times in 774 Posts

Good service with both, Groome has multiple stops, so plan for extra time for your flight. Workman only stops at Brownwood, and is a little faster.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,408 Times in 4,380 Posts

I've used both. Both we reliable, comfortable and clean.

I like that Groome picks you up and drops you off at home.

The fact that I live just north of 44 means minimal extra stops in both directions.

If I lived farther north, I'd probably stick with Workman's, but then you have to have someone pick you up at their drop off points... Unless you pay the extra $15...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-25-2022, 08:37 AM

Workman is great, but if your plane is delayed after their last pick up at 11:00 pm you are out of luck with them. Our plane was originally due in before 8 pm. Delayed due to storms on East Coast. Arrived 10:50 pm. Plane de boarded and we rushed, but could not make it. So, we called everywhere and finally was able to get a ride with The Villages Airport Shuttle Van at 1:00am. Although, Workman was nice, we will make sure our next ride to MCO airport is with a service that Has 24 hour shuttle. Let me reiterate, we knew when we booked that Workman did not pick up from MCO after the 11:00 pm time, but honestly thought an 8 pm scheduled arrival would not be 3 hours late!! Our bad. Never assume departure or arrival times with Airlines will be on time! Hence, we will book with a 24 hour service for our future trips.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:40 AM
Default Groome Airport Transportation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeanrt View Post
I need transportation to the Orlando airport, any feedback on Groom transportation and Workman Transportation would be helpful. Thanks
We have used Groome Airport Transportation several times and found them to be highly reliable. Their vans are clean, well maintained and their drivers are friendly. You can contact them at 352-539-9664.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,310 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs57 View Post
Village Airport Van runs 24/7
They falsely advertise that, don’t be fooled. They will run 24/7 if they have a full Van, but if your flight is delayed (which should be expected these days) and you arrive at an unscheduled time, when there are not a bunch of other passengers waiting, you could be waiting at the airport for a veeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyy long time. Then when they finally pick you up they reward you by giving you an unwanted tour of the Villages while they drop off other passengers. Not a good option!
Old 08-25-2022, 10:19 AM
Default Problems with Groome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Beware that Groome has no phone service off hours. They failed to pick me up at 3:00 a.m. The driver admitted he confused his schedule. I drove myself at the last minute.;
Groome closes its dispatch line at 10 PM on weekdays, 8 PM on weekends, so if your evening arrival flight is late, which most of them are, you can’t contact their dispatch to request that the driver wait for you. Also their last van leaves MCO at 11:20 PM and it doesn’t wait for late arrivals leaving you stuck at the airport until their first van for the following morning leaves for TV.

On the other hand, the Villages Airport Van dispatch works until their last van leaves MCO, their vans run until approx. 1:30 AM and their drivers hold their MCO departures for late arriving flights.

VAV is $7 more expensive, but they seem to be much more customer friendly, run later bus and dispatch service, and are way better at accommodating delayed arriving flights.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:38 PM

All depends on your flight schedule. Workman has limited hours as does Groome.
If you land after 11pm your only choice is the Villages Van, same thing if your flight leaves before 6am. The Villages Airport Van works well very early in the morning and very late at night when itsyour only option, Workman works great during the day with their direct service, prefer them to Groome because they are non stop, but wish they'd extend their hours.
Old 08-25-2022, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeanrt View Post
I need transportation to the Orlando airport, any feedback on Groom transportation and Workman Transportation would be helpful. Thanks
Have used both. Groome picks you up at house and you get an app to follow where they are. All time picking people up calculated to get you to airport on time.
Workman bus holds more people so less chance of not getting a ride
Old 08-25-2022, 08:21 PM

We use Groome because it delivers to the door. We fly down occasionally and need to get to the house to get to the car. Also, Groome picks up earlier - we usually need a 3 or 4 a.m. pick-up.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:41 AM

I live between 466 and 466a. The last time I took The Villages Airport van, it took 3 1/2 hours to get home. Never, ever, ever again!
Old 08-26-2022, 04:58 AM

I will no longer use Groom. They left me stranded at the Orlando Airport. Took me lotsa walking and waiting 5 hours before I finally got a ride home
Closed Thread

Tags
transportation, groom, workman, feedback, helpful

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.