heavy rain tornado warning?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Sage
Default Re: heavy rain tornado warning?

Hyacinth (I always get quite an image of that British TV character when I see your posts)...

Tornado damage is included with your homeowners insurance. But, makes me wonder....is it covered under the hurricane/windstorm coverage (and its own deductible) or under general perils. For some of us, the deductible for hurricane is quite large (2% or 5% of the value of the dwelling).

Before I go drag out my policy and look it up....anybody know the answer to this one?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Gold member

Hi,

I love the British Comedies and that is how I chose the name. TV as you are well aware is in the right zip code. At least I will know one person who knows how to pronounce my last name corectly.

Thank you for the information.

Hyacinth Bouquet
Old 09-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Sage

Our Hurricane deductable is $500 with ASI bought from Villages AAA
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Sage

Chuck...I know ASI does fixed $$ hurricane deductible; Travellers does the percent; what I'm not sure is whether the 2% "hurricane" deductible with travellers also pertains to other windstorm damage outside of hurricane, like Thurs's tornado. I have a fixed $1,000 deductible on other perils outside of hurricane. Will have to look it up...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.