Help please - Navigating Senior Care Facility Options

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2023, 01:18 PM
Default Sumter senior independent living

We’ve had my Mom at Sumter Senior Independent Living for a little over two years. Recently, we’ve experienced 2 rent increases in a 6 month period and a significant decline in services. Housekeeping is very understaffed and my Mom just does her own apartment and bedding (even though she pays for light housecleaning and a weekly bedding change). The quality of food has really gotten bad. Lots of pot pies and stroganoffs and other meat stretchers, usually served with mashed “potatoes” and canned green beans. Last night’s corn beef was so tough she couldn’t cut it with a steak knife. The new executive director appears to also run a real estate firm, an Air B&B service and some kind of women’s leadership motivation gig. One does have to question how she could possibly do all this AND oversee, independent, assisted and memory care facilities. I can’t recommend the Independent Living facility and wonder if anyone else is having a similar experience?
Closed Thread

Tags
care, assisted, general, facility, living

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.