Historic Side Neighborhood revitalization Confirmed

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
And then I realized the road Bowersox is in the Historical section of TV.

The Villages Florida
a little search can tell a lot..... and actually according to zillow and trulia, something may also be up manufactured homes on Bowersox...... can't figure out what the hollow circles mean on zillow.

can't tell as of yet whats doing......
Old 07-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
a little search can tell a lot..... and actually according to zillow and trulia, something may also be up manufactured homes on Bowersox...... can't figure out what the hollow circles mean on zillow.

can't tell as of yet whats doing......
There are two post and chain across the opening in the trees at the end of that dirt path.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
And then I realized the road Bowersox is in the Historical section of TV.

The Villages Florida

There are two post and chain across the opening in the trees at the end of that dirt path. This path was brought up as a possible alternative to the Paradise gate when the great wall went up,
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Sage

Winston, did you happen to notice the doublewide they are removing from the corner of Schwartz and Lauren Lane? They aren't razing the home. They are moving the home so it has obviously been sold. It will be interesting to see what replaces that nice manufactured home. I don't think it has anything to do with the properties Mr. Morse has bought. I just thought I'd throw it out there and ask if you'd noticed while you were driving around the hood.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Winston, did you happen to notice the doublewide they are removing from the corner of Schwartz and Lauren Lane? They aren't razing the home. They are moving the home so it has obviously been sold. It will be interesting to see what replaces that nice manufactured home. I don't think it has anything to do with the properties Mr. Morse has bought. I just thought I'd throw it out there and ask if you'd noticed while you were driving around the hood.
I usually go by that corner on my bike ride, but I didn't notice it yesterday.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
There are two post and chain across the opening in the trees at the end of that dirt path.
More accurately it is not a chain it is a cable. The cable has a loop at one end that goes over a hook in a wooded post. The cable can be dropped to the ground for access. This cable setup is outside of The Village boundary.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Gold member

I am fascinated by this thread!

You guys could make a fantastic detective team!! It certainly looks like that landlocked property will be subdivided in the near future.

With the renovation of Orange Blossom club and pool and TV purchasing some of the lesser maintained properties, it looks to me as if the Morse family has made a commitment to keep the historic section's values up and keep the residents happy.

That in itself is amazing commitment on the part of any developer. Most make their $$ and off they go. Never to be seen again.

The a Villages is different in so many ways. Much having to do with the developer 's commitment to quality, long after it would be expected !

I think that's called integrity.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post

You guys could make a fantastic detective team!! It certainly looks like that landlocked property will be subdivided in the near future.

With the renovation of Orange Blossom club and pool and TV purchasing some of the lesser maintained properties, it looks to me as if the Morse family has made a commitment to keep the historic section's values up and keep the residents happy.

That in itself is amazing commitment on the part of any developer. Most make their $$ and off they go. Never to be seen again.

The a Villages is different in so many ways. Much having to do with the developer 's commitment to quality, long after it would be expected !

The thing that is puzzling is that he's not buying up some of the lesser maintained properties. he's buying and razing perfectly good homes. There are plenty of poorly maintained properties over here, many of which have been abandoned. I supposed he has to wait for the courts to clear them for sale but I would think that with all his clout he could get some of those cases expedited and buy up some of these abandoned properties.

I was told by a realtor a while back (and I think that this is nothing but speculation on his part) that The Historical District will be almost all site built homes in about 20 years or so. That's going to be difficult because many people are replacing older manufactured homes with newer manufactured homes. I don't see them getting sold to be torn down in twenty years.

On the other hand, my neighbor was considering tearing down his house and replacing it was a new much larger manufactured home, but is now considering a site built home.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post

Are the residents happy? Don't seem too happy to me.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
I don't know why you say that. I'm very happy with him doing this. Hopefully it will drive our home values up.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:31 AM

Actually, the developers' continued interest in the historic side (renovation of the country club, pool, and golf course) was part of our recent decision to buy there. It's going to be kept nice, and that makes our investment more secure! Happy to hear!

Old 07-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,515 Times in 1,913 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We drove some new friends through the historic side last night and it's beauty and tall trees and large lots...and smaller lots with cozy homes and newer homes too... never cease to amaze me. From the oldest part to the very newest part, each home in The Villages is someone's beloved home. Their shelter from the storms of life and their launching pad for all kinds of fun activities and places for friends tp visit.

We are all older citizens living here in a very wonderful part of our lives. The size and age of our homes are different, just as we all are different but so similar in many ways.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
We're happy too. Grateful everyday to be here in The Villages and on the historic side which we think is so beautiful and peaceful.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I don't know why you say that. I'm very happy with him doing this. Hopefully it will drive our home values up.
I guess my interpretation of this thread was way off. I thought people were concerned in a negative way.

Yes, replacing the rundown properties would be a good thing but not if it eliminates the eclectic atmosphere and turns the area into another invasion of the clones.

At any rate, I have no dog in this fight and enjoy reading the results of everyone's research-you guys are good.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We drove some new friends through the historic side last night and it's beauty and tall trees and large lots...and smaller lots with cozy homes and newer homes too... never cease to amaze me. From the oldest part to the very newest part, each home in The Villages is someone's beloved home. Their shelter from the storms of life and their launching pad for all kinds of fun activities and places for friends tp visit.

We are all older citizens living here in a very wonderful part of our lives. The size and age of our homes are different, just as we all are different but so similar in many ways.
Actually I think that the vast majority of the lots are the same size, 60' X 90'. I think that some people get the impression that the lots are larger over here because the homes are so much smaller. When some of the older manufactured homes get replaced with either newer larger manufactured homes or site built homes the lots tend to look much smaller.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.