Historic Side Neighborhood revitalization Confirmed

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Sage

I heard from a friend that his cleaning lady's friend of a next door neighbor in the historic section was offered $210,000 for her manufactured house. The offer was wrapped in secrecy and she could not find out who was wanting to buy it.

Sounds like the Morris's are serious about buying up the historic section.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Sage

We drove around this afternoon and looked at some of these homes. 1626 West Schwartz-on a golf course. Very well maintained manufactured home. 1775 Lauren Lane. Also, on the golf course. Very well maintained manufactured home. 812 Aloha-Nothing special but not in disrepair. Looked to be well maintained too. 530 Tarson was the same. Nothing special. Big lot. Not in disrepair. 535 Bonita is on Silver Lake Golf Course and is also very well maintained. I'm wondering if Citizen's First Wholesale Mortgage holds the mortgage to these homes or if they are reverse mortgages? Things that make you go, "hummm."
Old 07-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Ohhh, I hate to be wrong. But it happens sometimes. While we are on the subject, I heard a rumor that "The Developer" is buying up these homes to tear them all down and build a new compound for his family. He's going to put up a new wall that surrounds the entire Historic Side and dig a moat and flood the surrounding developments. I heard that he is going to start buying up everything in Wildwood and turn it into a hunting preserve with a lodge and ship in Elk. Or was it Moose? I can't remember. Oh, well. Anybody else hear this? ;~)
A moat!!! I do hope they relocate all of the gators that scare folks across the way to our moat!

Old 07-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I heard from a friend that his cleaning lady's friend of a next door neighbor in the historic section was offered $210,000 for her manufactured house. The offer was wrapped in secrecy and she could not find out who was wanting to buy it.

Sounds like the Morris's are serious about buying up the historic section.
The developer's name is Morse, you know like the blvd.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Ohhh, I hate to be wrong. But it happens sometimes. While we are on the subject, I heard a rumor that "The Developer" is buying up these homes to tear them all down and build a new compound for his family. He's going to put up a new wall that surrounds the entire Historic Side and dig a moat and flood the surrounding developments. I heard that he is going to start buying up everything in Wildwood and turn it into a hunting preserve with a lodge and ship in Elk. Or was it Moose? I can't remember. Oh, well. Anybody else hear this? ;~)
I heard this from a very reliable source.

Some time ago Mr. Morse purchased a large parcel of land east of Ocala, which he plans on turning into a "canned hunt."

In the event readers don't know what a "canned Hunt" is, according to Wikipedia, it is:

"A canned hunt is a trophy hunt in which an animal is kept in a confined area, such as in a fenced-in area, increasing the likelihood of the hunter obtaining a kill ."
Old 07-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,515 Times in 1,913 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
The rumor I heard was the developer will put them back on the market at an inflated price to drive up sales of new homes in the new sections.
I wouldn't think the sale prices would be inflated, perhaps the finished product will be worth more than the home it replaced.The Morses are pretty good at feeling the pulse of the market, although once I remember they were off, when they put the Cottages up for sale on Lake Sumter. They asked too much and dropped the prices later.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-04-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am told that building permits take MUCH longer in Lake County than they do in Sumter. At what point is it needed? Can they move dirt around without one?

Keep us up on things.

And Quirky...it would seem that the developer would build homes in the same size range as those already there. THIS is guessing. My first thought would be they would be cottages and designers.
Gracie . . . You always need a permit to demolish a structure and that is pretty easy.
I have a feeling, based on how quickly building permits are issued here,
that Mr. Morse can get his permit(s) lickety split -- in no time.
He has clout in all three counties!

If in the demo, the "pad" is left, meaning the concrete foundation,
a similar structure will be built on that spot.
If the pad is gone, it is definite that a new floor plan (larger?)
will be built on the same lot.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,515 Times in 1,913 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Gracie . . . You always need a permit to demolish a structure and that is pretty easy.

The rumor I have heard is that Lake County was not as eager to have The Villages as Sumter was and hasn't been as "cooperative. One of the posters who is always correct in their researched information; (Villages Kahuna or Indy Dealmaker) said a friend of theirs purchased a home a while back in Fruitland Park to flip and had to wait months for a permit. That was supposedly one of the reasons that The Villages Inc. had previously NOT built again in Lake County.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The rumor I have heard is that Lake County was not as eager to have The Villages as Sumter was and hasn't been as "cooperative. One of the posters who is always correct in their researched information; (Villages Kahuna or Indy Dealmaker) said a friend of theirs purchased a home a while back in Fruitland Park to flip and had to wait months for a permit. That was supposedly one of the reasons that The Villages Inc. had previously NOT built again in Lake County.
Now that's interesting.
I surmised (surmised = my opinion) because I am in Sumter County
and know how quickly our house was built
and all the spec houses, as well,
that the same would hold true for Marion and Lake Counties.
I know -- I should never "surmise" and guess that isn't true.

But seriously . . . don't you think Mr. Morse will have a better chance
of getting things more quickly because of "who" he is
as opposed to an individual nobody knows, as in
"it isn't what you know, but who?"
Old 07-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Now that's interesting.
I surmised (surmised = my opinion) because I am in Sumter County
and know how quickly our house was built
and all the spec houses, as well,
that the same would hold true for Marion and Lake Counties.
I know -- I should never "surmise" and guess that isn't true.

But seriously . . . don't you think Mr. Morse will have a better chance
of getting things more quickly because of "who" he is
as opposed to an individual nobody knows, as in
"it isn't what you know, but who?"
Bonanza - I think one can best evaluate the relationship between Mr. Morse and Lady Lake by reviewing the episode of "The Wall"...it went up and it came down! A compromise was the final result. He does not always get his way and he is wise enough to know when to negotiate and compromise.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:37 AM
Sage

The current Lady Lake Town Council is made up of 3 Villages residents of the 5 members. I doubt it was like that when the Lady Lake Council voted to remove the gate 15 or 20 years ago because it blocked access to public roads.

The developer had no choice but to remove the illegal wall when Villagers where on Orlando TV demanding it be torn down.

The addition of the TV resident only gate allowed the appearance to Fruitland Park and Wildwood that cart access to TV was under TV control.

If Villagers want to shop at Lowe's, Beall's, Aldi, Walmart, etc they can use their cars - put the wall back up.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-04-2014, 03:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Bonanza - I think one can best evaluate the relationship between Mr. Morse and Lady Lake by reviewing the episode of "The Wall"...it went up and it came down! A compromise was the final result. He does not always get his way and he is wise enough to know when to negotiate and compromise.
You have a good point there!
Old 07-04-2014, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:

Manufactured homes do not sit on pads. They sit on stacks of concrete blocks. That is the primary difference between them and modular homes.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
The current Lady Lake Town Council is made up of 3 Villages residents of the 5 members. I doubt it was like that when the Lady Lake Council voted to remove the gate 15 or 20 years ago because it blocked access to public roads.

The developer had no choice but to remove the illegal wall when Villagers where on Orlando TV demanding it be torn down.

The addition of the TV resident only gate allowed the appearance to Fruitland Park and Wildwood that cart access to TV was under TV control.

If Villagers want to shop at Lowe's, Beall's, Aldi, Walmart, etc they can use their cars - put the wall back up.

The wall was illegal? How so? Why can't a person who owns a piece of property erect a wall on it? Unless there is some sort of deed restriction against the building of walls on property I don't see where there is anything "illegal" about building a wall on your own property.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The wall was illegal? How so? Why can't a person who owns a piece of property erect a wall on it? Unless there is some sort of deed restriction against the building of walls on property I don't see where there is anything "illegal" about building a wall on your own property.
It was a matter of what was previously permitted for that piece of property.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.