Homeowners Insurance

Old 05-06-2024, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1mack View Post
I like probably many others have been informed that your current policy will not be renewed.
The Villages Insurance is whom we went to to get our current policy on the home we bought new ten years ago. They have come up with one or two suggestions with whom we could use for a new policy. One is over $1k above our current policy, which they recommend, and the other has about the same premium.

Question: if you have had your policy discontinued, with what insurance company did you end up going with?
Kin Insurance
Old 05-06-2024, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeltry View Post
Not true USAA still writes their own policies in certain Florida counties. Having been a USAA member for over 45 years. What I like about USAA they send you a nice check at the end of the year.
What does USAA write you a check for on your insurance at year end? We have USAA and have never received a check at year end.
Old 05-06-2024, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Poor communication from The Villages Insurance. Took my business elsewhere.
I had the same experience with The Village’s Insurance. Very slow response time, and that was when I wanted to purchase a policy. Makes me wonder what the response time would be if I needed to make a claim.
Old 05-06-2024, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1mack View Post
I like probably many others have been informed that your current policy will not be renewed.
The Villages Insurance is whom we went to to get our current policy on the home we bought new ten years ago. They have come up with one or two suggestions with whom we could use for a new policy. One is over $1k above our current policy, which they recommend, and the other has about the same premium.

Question: if you have had your policy discontinued, with what insurance company did you end up going with?
USAA is fantastic. Ours is lower because of the roof and block construction. Agent was well aware of the home construction.
Old 05-06-2024, 06:56 AM

How ridiculous is it that the Villages won’t continue with your insurance policy. Just another failure for TV
Old 05-06-2024, 06:57 AM
Default jacksonla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie123 View Post
I use an insurance broker all the time. Here in FL I am using

INS SERVICES OF CENTRAL FLORIDA INC
PO BOX 952764 LAKE MARY, FL 32795
(941) 722-6086
INFO@ISCF.BIZ

Sarah moved me multiple times as situations changed. They worked directly with my Colorado company when I have homes and cars still there plus a home and car here in TV. Saved me $1000s annually.

Tell her Bryan in TV recommend her…
Interesting......I'll look into this, thanks for sharing
Old 05-06-2024, 07:09 AM
Default Ins

I switch to KIN Ins. After rated doubled I found Kin at less than last year's price.
Old 05-06-2024, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,875 Times in 5,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
How ridiculous is it that the Villages won’t continue with your insurance policy. Just another failure for TV
The Villages Insurance is not an insurance company. It is a broker for multiple insurance companies. I have Progessive insurance through The Villages Insurance, but if Progressive cancels my policy, there is nothing The Villages Insurance can do about it.
Old 05-06-2024, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiderata View Post
I had the same experience with The Village’s Insurance. Very slow response time, and that was when I wanted to purchase a policy. Makes me wonder what the response time would be if I needed to make a claim.
I agree that communication can be slow. As to a claim, I would be filling through my underwriter not TV insurance and would likely not communicate with them at all. The same has been true for me through the years with auto claims etc - my local agent was not really involved at all.
Old 05-06-2024, 07:32 AM
Default KIN Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueleaderone View Post
I switch to KIN Ins. After rated doubled I found Kin at less than last year's price.
I did the same thing,..., wait till Year two 😡
Old 05-06-2024, 08:14 AM

My homeowners with progressive was renewed with $280 increase. $190 due to the state increase allowed and the rest to increase the coverage of the dwelling about $30k. But, now we have a deductible on our roof. No more full replacement unless from a hurricane or other major loss which also has a deductible. You only have one 2% deductible, roof or hurricane besides the regular $2,500 deductible. So at the end of the day I’m not happy, and I would have rather a prorated deductible but it’s probably what we need to manage all the roofing fraud. My cost is $1400 for a 2600 sq ft home circa 2016. You can opt out of the roof deductible but then you pay a crazy higher rate.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
What does USAA write you a check for on your insurance at year end? We have USAA and have never received a check at year end.
I am waiting to hear this answer too. I have USAA and never received a check either.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevinator View Post
That may have been true in the past - not sure. I can attest that my policy is written by USAA, not an affiliate.
Ours as well…2/2 CYV is < $1200/yr
Old 05-06-2024, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,236 Times in 2,817 Posts

This is an important and good thread that I have bookmarked and will be referencing later this year. Keep the information coming. We have already been notified by Farmers that our policy won’t be renewed this fall and I’m not looking forward to having to find a new provider at a reasonable rate. Our home is over 20 years old, but has a two month old roof and is in excellent overall condition. I dumped The Villages Insurance several years ago because of their very poor and slow communication and inability to find us competitive rates relative to an outside agency. My wife and I have owned six homes during our lives and have collectively filed a grand total of ZERO homeowners claims, but that doesn’t seem to work in our favor. I would be willing to consider signing a waiver prohibiting us from litigation for a new roof in exchange for a more reasonable rate if that’s what necessary. I would be very interested in feedback from others who have explored that option?
Old 05-06-2024, 08:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,628 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
This is an important and good thread that I have bookmarked and will be referencing later this year. Keep the information coming. We have already been notified by Farmers that our policy won’t be renewed this fall and I’m not looking forward to having to find a new provider at a reasonable rate. Our home is over 20 years old, but has a two month old roof and is in excellent overall condition. I dumped The Villages Insurance several years ago because of their very poor and slow communication and inability to find us competitive rates relative to an outside agency. My wife and I have owned six homes during our lives and have collectively filed a grand total of ZERO homeowners claims, but that doesn’t seem to work in our favor. I would be willing to consider signing a waiver prohibiting us from litigation for a new roof in exchange for a more reasonable rate if that’s what necessary. I would be very interested in feedback from others who have explored that option?
I started getting quotes 4 months before renewals. Took 3 weeks for one company to get a quote, and 2 weeks for the others.

Then one canceled out quote after drone inspection. No reason given.

One was $3,000 more than any other quote due to pool/cage, not for liability but they just don’t do many pools. Pool part of quote was $2,500.

Kin came in $600 less than current policy, for apples to apples. Next year increase was double.

So using a broker this year and will be starting 4 months early again. We renew in February so, search starts in November

Tags
current, insurance, policy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.