How Crowded?

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I do agree that one's overcrowding prospective is influenced by where you are from and what they have experienced. I was reared in a small city in Central New York and have lived in cities ranging from 35,000 to approx 2 million.

I moved here in 2006 and for most of the year for the first 3 years never noticed much in increases but suddenly, to me, with the exception of July and August the feel of TV felt overcrowded on the roads, multi-modal pathways, restaurants, stores, etc.

As TV expands so do the surrounding towns exacerbating the crowding in public places. TV itself has compacted a lot of single homes in a relatively small space. Roadways take time but right now both roads and multi-modal paths have peak times when traffic backs up.

A friend of mine from Northern Minnesota moved 20 times. I asked her how many states that included. she laughed and said I never left the area. What triggered her to move was when she looked out her kitchen window and noticed a neighbor, time to move again. This place would send her insane
Old 03-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The L.I.E.-----been there, done that. In fact, 12/27/2010---Tappan Zee Bridge to central Nassau county (about 35 miles), normally takes 45-50 min took 6 hrs and 45 min 2 days after a snowstorm
Oh my my !!!

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-20-2015, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

I'm from rather northern Minnesota, just east of Fargo. IMHO the houses of lower cost in TV are too close together.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
I'm from rather northern Minnesota, just east of Fargo. IMHO the houses of lower cost in TV are too close together.
Yes, they are close together. However, further apart means a larger lot which means more work to maintain or more money to pay someone else to maintain. We, like most residents have owned homes elsewhere with large lots or even acreage. But we've been there/done that with all of the hard work maintaining a large lot and personally, I am relieved to know that I can physically and/or financially take care of my little piece of ground as I continue to age.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechie View Post
I don't sense any sort of conspiracy here. I think the Sales Agents deliver the most recent and accurate information they are provided with. Things can and will change dictated by opportunities and circumstance.
He told me that Designer homes in the newest section of Fruitland Park will start at 500k. I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. What can possibly happen that will raise the starting price of Designers to 500k?
I'm not suggesting it's a conspiracy---it just doesn't make sense.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
He told me that Designer homes in the newest section of Fruitland Park will start at 500k. I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. What can possibly happen that will raise the starting price of Designers to 500k?

For one thing, lake county does not allow bonds. I can't explain the rest of the difference unless it is as simple as price increases on more expensive homes.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
For one thing, lake county does not allow bonds. I can't explain the rest of the difference unless it is as simple as price increases on more expensive homes.
I was told Fruitland Park would be all Premier Homes without bonds on larger lots.
Word of caution - my sources are usually wrong about everything.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Sage

The equivalent cost of the bonds will be added to the base cost of the home, so although there will be no bond, the cost of the homes will include it. My understanding is the homes will be either designer or premier with expensive villas added in. Your sources are as good as mine!
Old 03-20-2015, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

In my opinion, it's never over crowded at all. It's a bit busy in the winter months but never what I'd call over crowded.

I really don't know what some people are talking about. By the sound of some of these posts you would think that it's like Manhattan Island down here.

In the winter you might wait a minute or two tops to make a left hand turn out of a side street. You probably won't get seated immediately in a lot of restaurants. So what, I knew a lot of restaurants where that was the case in suburban Boston. Supermarkets are a bit busy and I hate waiting in line, but I don't think that I've ever seen more than four or five people in a check out line.

I really don't get what all the whining is about. If this is too crowded for you, you probably want to live way out in the middle of the country side.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The L.I.E.-----been there, done that. In fact, 12/27/2010---Tappan Zee Bridge to central Nassau county (about 35 miles), normally takes 45-50 min took 6 hrs and 45 min 2 days after a snowstorm
It once took me an hour and a half to go one mile on Roxas Boulevard in Manila and there was no snow storm. Just rush hour traffic.

Got to where I could make aU-Turn and went home.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Overcrowded??? Try the Long Island Expressway (aka 495) on a Snowy Friday afternoon. The worlds longest parking lot.
Or, coming down a bit in population, even... try the Parkway East in Pittsburgh at 3:00 p.m. on, trying to go 7 miles out of the city. Any sizable city will show you what overcrowded is.

TV overcrowded? Unless you came from a farm in the middle of the Dakotas, I wouldn't call TV overcrowded.

I think it's a dream compared to a lot of coastal places in FL.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We love April and October and we always eat after 8 so even in January I don't find overcrowded anything. Yes the traffic that goes by our house is greater, but by 6 it's quiet
Old 03-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Veteran member

Based on our rental activity interest, it would seem that October-April are very busy and May-September are DEAD. Just what we see.
Also, from our visits, it would seem that you just have to wait until after about 8:30 PM, and you never have to wait for anything! Love the villages, but not exactly a late night place.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 03-20-2015, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
The price you quote was in writing to the Fruitland Park commissioners when TV met with them for approval to build there. I believe it's in one of the minutes of the meeting. Designers at $500K and Premiers higher.

From the online newspaper: Moyer’s latest planning “target” includes 140 “Premier” homes priced from $750,000 to more than $1 million, 1,709 “Designer” homes priced from $500,000 and up and more than 189 “Villas” priced from $220,000 and up.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The price you quote was in writing to the Fruitland Park commissioners when TV met with them for approval to build there. I believe it's in one of the minutes of the meeting. Designers at $500K and Premiers higher.

From the online newspaper: Moyer’s latest planning “target” includes 140 “Premier” homes priced from $750,000 to more than $1 million, 1,709 “Designer” homes priced from $500,000 and up and more than 189 “Villas” priced from $220,000 and up.
Who will spend 500k when they can get one 2 miles away for 250k? I guess if the lots are huge or come with a great view it sounds plausible. I won't put up a fuss if the value of my home doubles but something smells fishy if we are comparing similar houses on similar lots.

[i feel like my post jumped threads]
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.