How Long have you lived in the Villages?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Poll Results: How long have you lived in the villages?
I do not currently live in TV 19 20.65%
I have lived in TV one year/season or less 16 17.39%
I have lived in TV for 2 to 5 years 27 29.35%
I have lived in TV 6 years or longer 30 32.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Veteran member

Still a newbie @ 2 years. I remember when there was nothing but dirt south of 466A. . Seriously, I'm amazed at the growth and changes that have taken place in the short time I've been here. I am really enjoying hearing the stories from those who have been here for a long time...hope to hear more.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
Still a newbie @ 2 years. I remember when there was nothing but dirt south of 466A. . Seriously, I'm amazed at the growth and changes that have taken place in the short time I've been here. I am really enjoying hearing the stories from those who have been here for a long time...hope to hear more.
Here's one Skybo- the road we all know as Rolling Acres at the corner of Walgreens and Home Depot going to 466 used to be a dirt road years ago. If you had a Jeep, you could go down it but otherwise, not good. I used to live in Wildwood and worked at the Daily Sun production plant on Rolling Acres. I had to drive all the way to 441 and work my way from there. Before Target and such were there, it was only a drug store (Eckerds) on the corner next to the Fiesta Bowling Alley. When that road was finally done years ago-

I did the Happy Dance!!! I brought my Mom here from Orlando in 2000 and she bought a house in Oak Meadows, behind Target. At that time, it was all woods all the way until 441.

Memories!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Gold member

15 months!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSGompers View Post
Here's one Skybo- the road we all know as Rolling Acres at the corner of Walgreens and Home Depot going to 466 used to be a dirt road years ago. If you had a Jeep, you could go down it but otherwise, not good. I used to live in Wildwood and worked at the Daily Sun production plant on Rolling Acres. I had to drive all the way to 441 and work my way from there. Before Target and such were there, it was only a drug store (Eckerds) on the corner next to the Fiesta Bowling Alley. When that road was finally done years ago-

I did the Happy Dance!!! I brought my Mom here from Orlando in 2000 and she bought a house in Oak Meadows, behind Target. At that time, it was all woods all the way until 441.

Memories!!!

Wow! That's hard to even envision. Thanks USS!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,759 Times in 782 Posts

Nine years.
btk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.