I really need some property advice

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Sage

sorry, but I always have one more thing. there are some dynamite models that go on sale sporadically. that would be a great deal if you can get it.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Sage

yes I agree, we found one!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Platinum member

We spent over a year designing and planning a custom home in Ohio. I love my pre-owned home in The Villages far more. It was just a few months old and had features that I would not have thought of including the flagstone tile floor that I loved the minute I saw it. Not to mention that we had less work to do on move-in.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 PM

where is the best place to get quick updates to new area's opening up to purchase land. We are looking to purchase but seem to always been behind the date?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Send a message via Skype™ to EVTheVillages

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
My personal advice is to buy a re-sale home in one of the established areas of The Villages. Many advantages include the ability to negotiate price with the seller (new homes cannot be negotiated); much lower bond or no bond at all (this saves thousands of dollars over the time period); no construction work going on around you; good possibility of all sorts of extras being built in without having to add on later; established and mature landscaping; and you know exactly what is built around you without being surprised at a later date.

Most re-sales come with a 1 year complete warranty. Some will talk about a roof needing replacing or water heater needing replacing soon. A home inspector will pick up on that stuff and you have no worry.

Think about it before buying new.

Also, it is very, very important to always used a Villages Property agent AND a Multiple Listing Agent from an outside realty company such as ERA, Century 21, Realty Executives, etc. Neither can show each other's listings. It is no secret so be open to both agents.
Absolutely agree with this........ DEFINITELY look at resales as well - the bond is a LOT lower too! With 500 offices around the world, the best agent training and being the only Better Business Bureau accredited Real Estate Firm here in The Villages, please consider us also in that list above!

13690 N US Highway 441, Suite 300, The Villages, FL 32159

Office: (352) 450-4505
Facebook: EVTheVillages
Twitter: @EVTheVillages
Web: www.villages.evusa.com
Email: villages@evusa.com
Old 12-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,561 Times in 1,932 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

To the OP who had dreamed of a brand spanking new home. There will be choices and new areas opening up.

What is challenging is getting things all coordinated. For instance you had wanted a home in a certain area but you had not sold the home back north or you HAD sold the home back north and you need to act NOW.

If you want a resale there are HUNDREDS of wonderful choices. If you want a new home there are HUNDREDS of choices.

AND if you buy something and the view isn't what you like or the house is way too small or a little too big...well then you will join the ranks of thousands of us and you will sell and move. It is far easier to sell a house here than to sell a house from whence you came AND the moving expenses are far lower and by then you have jettisoned all the extra stuff.

AND...I still say you can sell it yourself. But you can't do it in under a year and make money without a penalty. Everyone shoud know this....There is a clause in your new home agreement that says somehow that if you sell at a profit in under a year there is a penalty. AND that is to discourage flippers.

I know of someone who buys Premiers and resells them in just over a year because we looked at a couple of those homes.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctoboika View Post
where is the best place to get quick updates to new area's opening up to purchase land. We are looking to purchase but seem to always been behind the date?
The best place to get up to date info on available lots is your sales agent. Let your sales agent know what you want and that you are ready to purchase. He or she can hold a suitable lot for you for a short time when they are released. You will need to make a decision quickly.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
yes I agree, we found one!
Jimbo- you sound like you were able to find the best of both worlds. Where did you end up- what section? Are you still in the same area that you were looking to build in?
Old 01-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Sage

Personally, I believe that you are correct when you say lot choice is #1. Friends of ours that built down the street from us say they are so sorry they didn't chose a different lot. They have kissing lanais and it is not working out very well for them. Absolutely no privacy...they hardly use their lanais due to the lack of privacy. They said if they had to do it again, they would not have back to back lanais. I agree with them. Lot choice is huge!!! I would wait for another section to be released and see if they are spec homes or if you can build. Best of luck.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by momnc22 View Post
Jimbo- you sound like you were able to find the best of both worlds. Where did you end up- what section? Are you still in the same area that you were looking to build in?
Yes the same street in #215 I reserved a std 60 x 90 in June set to design on 12/13.

Found a different model but on the same street Ridgewood but the lot is big, about 150 deep 100 cross the back and 60 in front, has a double golf cart garage enough to add a pool later if we want.

Oh no kissing lanai's

We're loving it!!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Sage

Your sales rep if worth his/her salt should be on top of any section releases. If you tell them what you want...but you have to know exactly what you want...and have trust in them, as soon as lots are released they can snag the one you want. You can wire funds.
OR, you might consider renting here and be ready to jump when something comes available.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Sage

" Friends of ours that built down the street from us say they are so sorry they didn't chose a different lot. They have kissing lanais and it is not working out very well for them. Absolutely no privacy...they hardly use their lanais due to the lack of privacy. They said if they had to do it again, they would not have back to back lanais. I agree with them. "

This is an absolutely perfect example of why I am a strong advocate of buying a re-sale home. With the re-sale, you know exactly what the homes look like when you purchase it - and exactly what is around you - and the lay of the land.

As I have said, most re-sales come with a full year warranty on everything, much lower bond than new homes, ability to negotiate with the seller, no construction work, and probably all the upgrades you want are already there.

I really like the areas of Glenbrook, Caroline, and Virginia Trace for the types of homes and the views.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:24 PM

So, SuziQ, what did you all decide to do?

FYI: as Gracie surmised, there are many lots available for purchase/build. In Gilchrist 211 alone, there are at least 40 lots spanning the range of choices from kissing lanais to villa back wall to corner to waterfront to golf front, and even to golf-waterfront.

PS: was the time of your original post planned or purely coincidental? 12pm on 12-12-12.
Perhaps you should wait and put in a claim for unit 212-12
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
" Friends of ours that built down the street from us say they are so sorry they didn't chose a different lot. They have kissing lanais and it is not working out very well for them. Absolutely no privacy...they hardly use their lanais due to the lack of privacy. They said if they had to do it again, they would not have back to back lanais. I agree with them. "

This is an absolutely perfect example of why I am a strong advocate of buying a re-sale home. With the re-sale, you know exactly what the homes look like when you purchase it - and exactly what is around you - and the lay of the land.

As I have said, most re-sales come with a full year warranty on everything, much lower bond than new homes, ability to negotiate with the seller, no construction work, and probably all the upgrades you want are already there.

I really like the areas of Glenbrook, Caroline, and Virginia Trace for the types of homes and the views.
Also if you buy a home north of 466, you can see the seven grocery stores, the seven churches, five softball fields, two bowling alleys, hospital, plus numerous other stores: Target, Wal-Mart, Bell's, etc., plus many restaurants.

People say that these amenities will come to the new area around SR44. I just hope I live long enough to see them.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Veteran member
Default new home

Beware! the sales people are. only to show what the builder wants to sell at that time. it is really hard if you're not here or have someone else here to help you. Wehad rented a years and had frends here. We were told the area we wanted was all sold, we drove around after hours, we found a home , with dry wall and a great lot in the area we wanted, called the sales lady. she checked and said it is a spec house but was not for sale until the cabinets are installed. told we wanted the house and went back north. about 2 months later she called and we bought , site unseen. don' believe everything you are told!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.