It's not the dog, it is the owner issue

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2015, 06:47 PM

Something I will consider!
Old 11-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j8384 View Post
It seems in life, usually the person who obeys the rules, and doesn't bother people, is always the one that loses. Me move??? I understand what you are saying, get away from the problem, but that isn't the right answer. We all know the right answer is that this dog owner should do the right thing, unfortunately, I don't think that will happen. What a shame.
Absolutely the dog owner should do the right thing and restrain his dog. But it doesn't look as if he respects his neighbors.
You've said you called Animal Control once and they visited the owner.

As has been suggested, call Animal Control again to see what your options are.
Or as Kitty suggested, take pictures and call the Sheriff.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Platinum member

I like the suggestion of a big pile of cow manure, very fresh inside the boundary line of your yard. . COuld take a drive and any rural area has a farm which would give you some.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:16 PM

Flaming bag of poo trick might work, but nowdays you will probably end up with your mugshot on
that other site not to be named.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:01 PM

I feel bad that you are having this problem with your new home and your new neighbors. In your post you made some statements that make me think you still have one option open that I do not see that you have tried. You said “We also MADE OUR PRESENCE KNOWN by walking around the back fertilizing/HOPING they would start using a leash, or ask permission to let their dog continue to use our yard as its toilet/We MADE IT OBVIOUS to all neighbors, we were back. Anyone could TELL we had returned./We FIGURED, the dog owners would now put their dog back on the leash and keep it out of our yard. Making your presence known, hoping and figuring are all assumptions. Dog or no dog we all have to share the same planet. You say you TRIED TO OFFER to let the dog come over-you might be sending mixed messages. I suggest TALKing to the people who live there. You get more bees with honey. Invite them over or let them get to know you and they may better understand that their dog is going out of “bounds” and although you like dogs you can’t stand the poop in your yard. Maybe they just moved in too and would like to be a better neighbor. It has only be a few months-it is never to late!
Old 11-22-2015, 08:25 PM
Platinum member

Let's see....we've got mace the dog, pee on their door, flaming bag off poo, putting cow manure on their property......and this is an over 55 community. I see so much maturity here....
Old 11-22-2015, 08:40 PM

In the original post, I wrote also, that I opened the door when the dog pooped in my yard and tried talking to them, even offering to let the dog use my yard, but also said to her, you will need to immediately clean it up. As I was saying these things to her, she never looked at me, completely ignored me, and while I was still talking, walked away. (Guess you didn't read that, but, that is ok). So clearly, I will not ever make any effort. It should have always been up to them to ask permission, clearly they know where their property ends and mine begins.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Let's see....we've got mace the dog, pee on their door, flaming bag off poo, putting cow manure on their property......and this is an over 55 community. I see so much maturity here....
Hey, don't knock the cow/horse manure till you tried it.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:54 PM

I appreciate everyone's input, some quite humerous, some really good advice. Again, I have not seen the dog in our yard since animal control came out a couple weeks ago, but, I am sure it will come over at some point since the owners still let the dog loose to potty. Guess I should call animal control and see what they say. Oh, I never mentioned that this dog, which I am sure is extremely friendly to their family and friends, is also aggressive/protective. I also saw at the beginning of the summer, that as my lawn guy was walking out back working, their dog was also out back loose. The dog started barking aggressively towards the worker. Neither owner was out back, and they had a difficult time getting their dog to come home. I am sure they would deny this happened. I am done, thanks for trying to help.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:57 PM
Veteran member

if you mace the dog it wont hurt it ,but will train it in a hurry. get the stuff that mail men have.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

They do have bear spray, which is a big can of major pepper spray for bears, I think. that should do it, if you just don't want to haul the manure. Meant for the owner, not the dog.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:56 PM
Veteran member

To me, those owners don't even care about the dog's safety by letting it roam loose without a leash or invisible fence to restrain it from chasing wildlife and running out in front of a moving car or cart. People can claim "my dog would never" do that, but they are animals and will sometimes unpredictably do that even when trained well.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

You could turn on your sprinklers or have a hose handy. A few times getting wet will normally keep dogs off your property. However, that won't solve the problem of having inconsiderate neighbors who are willing to put their dog at risk. We have an abundance of wildlife here, some of which is extremely predatory. We use an inordinate amount of chemicals which can be extremely harmful to pets, at least when recently applied. Maybe a note reminding them of the law and the dangers might help. I doubt it, but it is worth a try.

I wish you luck. I know of more than household that has moved because of neighbors like this.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-22-2015, 10:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
I'd pee on their door...
I hope you are a man because if you are a woman and you can pee on someone's door, I am impressed!
Old 11-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,564 Times in 510 Posts

You probably have a multitude of plastic grocery bags (who doesn't?). Scoop the poop up, tie the bag, and throw it in their yard along with a note for them to keep Fido from pooping in your yard and if they don't, threaten to throw the bags on their roof. I bet that will end it.

Tags
dog, yard, leash, time, owners, unattended, control, called, told, neighbors, clean, made, back, summer, door, north, pay, day, days, nice, law, couple, continue, rules, weeks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.