Just got a check refund from Amica

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2023, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,934 Times in 925 Posts
Default Just got a check refund from Amica

I just got a $62 refund on our car insurance. .

No explanation in the cover sheet. .

Coverage calculation page says read following page for explanations

Final page, the only change in the list of discounts since the vehicles were purchased is

Age 65 Discount . . . .

Obviously their statisticians and actuarial have ring fenced the villages. They only see the effects of aging in one location, and the result of a very large population of drivers, retired drivers outside the villages are safer than your average driver. . .

Old 04-17-2023, 10:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,240 Times in 2,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
I just got a $62 refund on our car insurance. .

No explanation in the cover sheet. .

Coverage calculation page says read following page for explanations

Final page, the only change in the list of discounts since the vehicles were purchased is

Age 65 Discount . . . .

Obviously their statisticians and actuarial have ring fenced the villages. They only see the effects of aging in one location, and the result of a very large population of drivers, retired drivers outside the villages are safer than your average driver. . .

Amica underwriters differently than most other property and causality insurers. Just got an excellent quote from them on our northern home insurance policy. Very few companies will underwrite a log home due to the difficulties of rebuilding after a small fire since all logs are stacked intertwined. Very different than a stick built home. Great to get a discount for turning 65. Hate getting older, but senior citizen discounts on weekday golf, free hunting and fishing license, and Medicare eligibility help make it more tolerable.
Old 04-18-2023, 04:59 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Amica

Have their coverage now since 1980. Always treated us right.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:24 AM
Veteran member

Discount at 65. I wonder if they have a surcharge when a certain higher age is reached?
Old 04-18-2023, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,250 Times in 5,436 Posts

Every year since turning 70 we get an increase. and we have had no chargeable accidents
Old 04-18-2023, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,934 Times in 925 Posts

a data scientist type i work with today, worked for a bit with an automotive insurance carrier down the road, and the highest predictor of accident rates is the miles driven. . which is why they ask questions for mileage each year, commuting to work amount, how often, etc.

and my colleague just had his car's rear fender ripped off while parked having dinner. .
less severe than a moving accident. . but he was like its still a pain in the azz

in ma, since they take you mileage at inspection time, and its a public record, or accessible some how, its all about the data for risk assessment.

good luck all
Closed Thread

Tags
page, drivers, villages, refund, ring

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.