Katie Belle's

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #271  
Old 04-15-2015, 10:35 AM
RickeyD's Avatar
RickeyD RickeyD is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,414
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
The Villages has many unique features. Probably "free golf for life" is the best known.
The active lifestyle and hundreds of activities/clubs/pools are also well known. Also the three Town Squares.
We will still have a Resident's club called Katie Belles.
I doubt the lack of a two-story KB will deter anyone from buying a home in The Villages.

Exactly. KB's ain't a make or a break, simply a nice little add on.
  #272  
Old 04-15-2015, 12:31 PM
Challenger's Avatar
Challenger Challenger is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,189
Thanks: 48
Thanked 314 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Have lived here for five years. Never been inKB. Actually never trhought about going. Won't go when it reopens.

My guess is that the vast majority of Villagers feel the same. Never hear anyone even mention KB except here.

I empathise with those who have lost a venue that they enjoyed and maybe if it had been better patronized , things might be different. The sky however will not fall.

Business failures , bankruptcies,etc are the cleansing agents that clear out the least efficient parts of our economy and make room for innovation and renewal. Most other systems end up looking like the old USSR.

For me -- I'll take take capitalism even though there may be some pain from time to time.
__________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke 1729-1797
  #273  
Old 04-16-2015, 09:19 AM
BigbirdPhila BigbirdPhila is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
ridiculous! The Villages hardly needs KBS to distinguish itself in the market...
Then somebody should tell the sales reps that they are wasting their time. They now take prospective buyers to see KB's on their sales tour. To show those people what helps set the Villages apart from other retirement communities they might be considering. The new KB's will not have the same "wow" factor as the old one -- it will be interesting to see if it even remains on the tour. It might just be shown on the lifestyle video.
  #274  
Old 04-16-2015, 09:23 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,393
Thanks: 4,188
Thanked 4,689 Times in 1,605 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigbirdPhila View Post
Then somebody should tell the sales reps that they are wasting their time. They now take prospective buyers to see KB's on their sales tour. To show those people what helps set the Villages apart from other retirement communities they might be considering. The new KB's will not have the same "wow" factor as the old one -- it will be interesting to see if it even remains on the tour. It might just be shown on the lifestyle video.

Skeptical here. They haven't with the friends who recently were here to look.

They gave out free meal three, four years ago.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #275  
Old 04-16-2015, 09:24 AM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,755
Thanks: 491
Thanked 4,766 Times in 1,817 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Have lived here for five years. Never been inKB. Actually never trhought about going. Won't go when it reopens.

My guess is that the vast majority of Villagers feel the same. Never hear anyone even mention KB except here.

I empathise with those who have lost a venue that they enjoyed and maybe if it had been better patronized , things might be different. The sky however will not fall.

Business failures , bankruptcies,etc are the cleansing agents that clear out the least efficient parts of our economy and make room for innovation and renewal. Most other systems end up looking like the old USSR.

For me -- I'll take take capitalism even though there may be some pain from time to time.

Agree.
KB is just one place within three town squares.
KB does not define the "Lifestyle."
Been in there three times and the food was average at best.

  #276  
Old 04-16-2015, 09:29 AM
BigbirdPhila BigbirdPhila is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
It would be a shame if people don't go there because they "don't like" the change.
It's not that they wouldn't like it -- it's just that the new one will not have the "wow" of the old one to draw them there. Many people now take visiting friends to KB's to show them something different. Most people have never been in a wild west-style dance hall. The new one will be more generic -- a restaurant with free music and a very small dance floor. Something people can probably find closer to their home -- why fight the traffic and parking to go to Spanish Springs?

My contention is that less people will be prone to go to the new KB's than the old one. It might gross less $$ per year than the old one. The redeeming factor, as far as the accountants are concerned, is the extra $$ the first floor retail space will bring in that the current KB's doesn't.
  #277  
Old 04-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Bonny's Avatar
Bonny Bonny is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Village of BonnyBrook
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigbirdPhila View Post
It's not that they wouldn't like it -- it's just that the new one will not have the "wow" of the old one to draw them there. Many people now take visiting friends to KB's to show them something different. Most people have never been in a wild west-style dance hall. The new one will be more generic -- a restaurant with free music and a very small dance floor. Something people can probably find closer to their home -- why fight the traffic and parking to go to Spanish Springs?

My contention is that less people will be prone to go to the new KB's than the old one. It might gross less $$ per year than the old one. The redeeming factor, as far as the accountants are concerned, is the extra $$ the first floor retail space will bring in that the current KB's doesn't.
I would venture to say that those that really went to Katie Belles a lot to dance and enjoy the bands & music will continue to do so. They were the big supporters. Not the ones who take visiting friends & family there twice a year.
__________________
Troy, Rochester, Hazel Park, Harbor Beach, Grand Rapids, Michigan
  #278  
Old 04-16-2015, 09:39 AM
Jayhawk's Avatar
Jayhawk Jayhawk is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,084
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1,107 Times in 310 Posts
Default

Eastern, PanAm, TWA, Continental. No one flies them anymore because they are GONZO.

Everyone listens when EF Hutton speaks. Not anymore. Silenced. OUT OF BUSINESS.

Let's shop at Woolworth's or Monkey Wards. Nope - GONE.

I am actually typing this on my COMPAQ computer but WHEN it stops working, I can't replace it. COMPAQ is DONE.

Quick, grab your Poloroid camera and take a snapshot before KB's shuts the doors.

Hakuna matata.

  #279  
Old 04-16-2015, 09:47 AM
BigbirdPhila BigbirdPhila is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I would venture to say that those that really went to Katie Belles a lot to dance and enjoy the bands & music will continue to do so. They were the big supporters.
The new small dance floor will not handle the big crowds. The Rocky & the Rollers rock & roll nights, the Tony D. ballroom nights, and the Lee Ann Noel & Redneck Country Club Band country nights. Those people will have to find a new place to dance.
  #280  
Old 04-16-2015, 09:50 AM
Bonny's Avatar
Bonny Bonny is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Village of BonnyBrook
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigbirdPhila View Post
The new small dance floor will not handle the big crowds. The Rocky & the Rollers rock & roll nights, the Tony D. ballroom nights, and the Lee Ann Noel & Redneck Country Club Band country nights. Those people will have to find a new place to dance.
What is the size of the dance floor ?
__________________
Troy, Rochester, Hazel Park, Harbor Beach, Grand Rapids, Michigan
  #281  
Old 04-16-2015, 09:57 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,393
Thanks: 4,188
Thanked 4,689 Times in 1,605 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigbirdPhila View Post
The new small dance floor will not handle the big crowds. The Rocky & the Rollers rock & roll nights, the Tony D. ballroom nights, and the Lee Ann Noel & Redneck Country Club Band country nights. Those people will have to find a new place to dance.

Yes they will.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #282  
Old 04-16-2015, 09:58 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,393
Thanks: 4,188
Thanked 4,689 Times in 1,605 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Eastern, PanAm, TWA, Continental. No one flies them anymore because they are GONZO.

Everyone listens when EF Hutton speaks. Not anymore. Silenced. OUT OF BUSINESS.

Let's shop at Woolworth's or Monkey Wards. Nope - GONE.

I am actually typing this on my COMPAQ computer but WHEN it stops working, I can't replace it. COMPAQ is DONE.

Quick, grab your Poloroid camera and take a snapshot before KB's shuts the doors.

Hakuna matata.


Good words here.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #283  
Old 04-16-2015, 10:07 AM
BigbirdPhila BigbirdPhila is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
What is the size of the dance floor ?
In the artist's rendition that I saw, there is no dance floor. But I have talked to Tony D. and he says there will be a "small" dance floor.
  #284  
Old 04-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Bonny's Avatar
Bonny Bonny is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Village of BonnyBrook
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Oh, I thought you knew the size when you said it was a small dance floor.
I'm sure the dance floor will be fine. The Villages always does an A-1 job.
__________________
Troy, Rochester, Hazel Park, Harbor Beach, Grand Rapids, Michigan
  #285  
Old 04-16-2015, 10:30 AM
tomwed tomwed is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,980
Thanks: 0
Thanked 158 Times in 153 Posts
Default

My first impression 3 years ago was that the villages reminded me of Disney World. Each square had a theme. Katie Belles was like the Hoopie De Doo review. The grounds are immaculate and the flowers change seasonally. If you get to the squares very early in the morning there are leaf blowers making everything very neat and tidy. There are large crowds with a bit of excitement. There are golf carts which remind me of kiddie cars with some looking like sports cars and at least one looking like a fire truck and another a mack truck. Those are like the Disney rides.

That "look" was calculated and well executed. Restaurants can come and go, as well as gift shops but a private Hoopie De Doo review still makes me smile. I went there twice. I'm still too tired at night golfing and biking to go there. But it "felt good" knowing that when all I can do is see a dinner show or movie or cheap little concert, that will be here.

And it "felt good" to know, that's all. It's not a crises, the sky is not falling, not a deal breaker, or house value dropper and certainly not the end of the world as I know it. I'm not opposed to any kind of change.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.