lifestyle visit

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2019, 08:50 AM
Veteran member

When we came for our lifestyle visit the realtor assigned to us was also a dud. The only thing she knew was new builds, or more recent homes, and we were not interested in those. When we came back a few months later we asked for a different realtor, and our next one was great. Ended up using her for two houses. She is no longer with the Villages but as others have mentioned there are good ones. I think the bad ones have less customers, and more free time so they are assigned to the lifestyle visits more often.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I had recommended Tony Trussler on an earlier post. Let me also recommend Katie Burns. I knew here as the manager of MVP Health Club at Brownwood for about 4 years. About two years ago she went into the Villages Sales Force. Almost everyday I see her in the ads at an open house. If she is anything like she was at MVP, she is a real go-getter. Ph: 352-321-9764

The Villages Florida

Katie has lived near The Villages and has been involved in helping make our residents dreams come true for 15 years. She began her career in The Villages Human Resources Department in 2003 as an intern while attending Michigan State University. Since then she has watched our community grow and feels fortunate to have played a role in helping our residents stay happy and healthy.

Prior to joining Property of The Villages, Katie has worn many hats in the community. She worked for the VCDD, enjoyed serving our residents as a waitress and bartender, worked behind the scenes for The Villages Sales Department, helped furnish homes, and assisted our residents with their physical fitness while working as a personal trainer. While personal training, Katie was also an instructor for fitness classes, including her favorite, Yoga.

As a personal trainer in The Villages, Katie was able to help coordinate and launch our annual Yoga on The Square event. She has enjoyed connecting with community instructors, in order to help share the joy and freedom that can come from movement. As a team they were able to bring over 300 people together to have fun and embrace their health. Residents, grandchildren, and employees all arrived to unroll their mats and spend the morning together. Katie continues to practice yoga and teaches when she can. Through each of her roles, Katie’s primary purpose is to help residents discover how they can live a happier life.

Katie strives to approach each situation she faces with an open heart and mind. She works to share her enthusiasm by finding solutions to struggles, just as she did as a personal trainer. She would love to help you discover whether a move to The Villages is right for you. She can’t wait to meet you!
Old 12-18-2019, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
Call Lindsey Lowe. He is the best agent at Villages Realty. He will take you around to all the houses you want to see and spend ample time doing it.
You need a Villages agent also or you will miss 65 to 70% of the resale houses on the market. MLS and Village agents can not show each other’s listings.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:45 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

The Villages agent I initially got was worse than worthless. He took me to a couple unsold spec houses and refused to show me resales. He told me if I spotted one I wanted to view to call him. Sure I would...

BTW, Villages agents are licensed as real estate agents by the state of Florida but they are NOT Realtors.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-18-2019, 11:21 AM
Gold member

I totally understand your frustration, but I don't understand why you vent here and not with the person(s) responsible for home sales in The Villages. My suggestion is that you call the general sales number and ask to speak with the sales manager. Don't take no for answer, and if they are hesitant to connect you, demand an appointment. Then vent your frustrations. Complaining on this board isn't going to solve the problem.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
You need a Villages agent also or you will miss 65 to 70% of the resale houses on the market. MLS and Village agents can not show each other’s listings.
If you're looking for a resale, your correct that you need an MLS Realtor and a Villages Agent. However, your figures are way off. Currently on Zillow, the list of resales on MLS total 40. On The Villages website the number of resales listed is 296.

https://www.zillow.com/the-villages-fl/houses/?searchQueryState={%22pagination%22:{},%22usersSea rchTerm%22:%22the%20villages,%20florida%22,%22mapB ounds%22:{%22west%22:-82.18548881103516,%22east%22:-81.78380118896484,%22south%22:28.76297599692525,%2 2north%22:29.004068617903613},%22regionSelection%2 2:[{%22regionId%22:7403,%22regionType%22:6}],%22isMapVisible%22:true,%22mapZoom%22:12,%22filte rState%22:{%22price%22:{%22min%22:0},%22monthlyPay ment%22:{%22min%22:0},%22hasPool%22:{%22value%22:t rue},%22isMultiFamily%22:{%22value%22:false},%22is Manufactured%22:{%22value%22:false},%22isLotLand%2 2:{%22value%22:false}},%22isListVisible%22:true}

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
Old 12-18-2019, 03:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
The Villages agent I initially got was worse than worthless. He took me to a couple unsold spec houses and refused to show me resales. He told me if I spotted one I wanted to view to call him. Sure I would...

BTW, Villages agents are licensed as real estate agents by the state of Florida but they are NOT Realtors.
This has been mentioned nunerous times on this forum. But, what has never been mentioned is a time when this caused a problem for a home buyer.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
This has been mentioned nunerous times on this forum. But, what has never been mentioned is a time when this caused a problem for a home buyer.
Since they're not Realtors or belong to the board of Realtors in their county, I don't think they are held to the same ethics as a Realtor is obligated. They are salesman, just like a car salesman but have training in real estate transactions.

On my block in 2012 a fairly new CYV owned by snowbirds had a leak in the foundation. When the owners returned they found about 3" of water in the M/BA and M/BR. They called the warranty department and the home was less than a year old. They sent out a crew who removed all the carpeting and vinyl, the cabinets, the plumbing fixtures, and the drywall from 3' above the floor and the wood baseboards and trim. They ran high speed heaters into the rooms for about 3 days until the moisture was gone.

Over the next 3 weeks they jack-hammered into the foundation, fixed the plumbing, patched the slab and replaced everything like new. The owners within a couple of months put the home on the market with The Villages real estate. The home sold right away and the day of the closing the new owners from Canada were standing in the driveway looking at what they just bought, when another neighbor came up to them and said, didn't the leak in the foundation cause you any concern. Well they had never been told about this problem. They got a lawyer and was eventually told that because the home was fixed by the warranty department, it wasn't necessary to be disclosed. I would believe that Licensed Realtor would be required to inform buyers of this defect.

If this wasn't enough, these new owners immediately put the home back on the market and it sold right away. Once again the new owners were in the driveway when that same neighbor asked them if they knew about the foundation leak. Fortunately these people were not as panicky and lived in the home for three years before reselling. The one thing that did happen was the price of the villa increased quickly. It originally sold new furnished in 2011 for $163K, it resold a year later for $195K and resold 3 years latter for $213K and sold again last year for $222K and the new owner, a widow, spent almost $50K gutting the inside and installing new top of the line everything, mostly using Doc's Restorations and had workers there almost everyday for ten months. This time, no one told him about the past and I hope he lives there for many years.

Here's the home and there is no way just by looking at he home inside or out, that anything had happened.

The Villages Florida
Old 12-18-2019, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Many people come here for a lifestyle visit as a low cost vacation and have no real interest in buying a home. Perhaps your salesperson had experienced too many of these folks. It’s not a good excuse but it could be a reason.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:49 PM

I agree, call Tony. He was and continues to be extremely helpful to us. He has been our best experience at the Villages so far.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
That’s too bad. But you did the right thing by requesting someone else. Most of the TV realtors are excellent.

The Villages salespeople are NOT Realtors. They are simply agents and there is a difference -- a big difference.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

True Story. We had a great TV Realtor - Michael O'Rourke - we felt he was attentive but not overbearing. We had friends go down and we recommended him - they thought he was not attentive enough and switched realtors. Everyone has their own taste and that is why there is a selection. If you don't like, ask for another.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 12-19-2019, 02:22 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
True Story. We had a great TV Realtor
This cannot possibly be a true story as there is no such thing as a TV Realtor. They are licensed agents but they are not Realtors.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-19-2019, 06:38 PM

Jack and Maureen Wilson (Sellstate Realty) are FANTASTIC! www.thewilsonsalesteam.com - (978) 998-9803
Closed Thread

Tags
sales, tour, make, effort, arrived

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.