Living in a 'senior' community

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Gold member
Default Lets Ride

I'm ready to park the CVO buy a used Wing and " Lets RIDE" Wild Hogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
They call this an "active" adult community, but I think they are being too conservative. I find that talking to people and finding how active and busy they are makes me want to be more active and busy. I'm getting ideas all the time about things that I may like to do. In other over 55 communities I'd probably be watching TV all day. I never thought when I retired that I'd be so busy that I would look forward to a blank day on my calendar.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
The first time my wife and I went to Sumter Landing for the entertainment I looked around and remarked to her that I felt like a freshman in high school -- I was 64 at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsanborn View Post
Funny you should say that because tonight we drove our go cart from Tamarind Grove to the Square for the first time and my wife and I both felt we were at a high school dance. Can't remember seeing so many happy people in one place. I hope I never wake up from this dream.
After hearing me "try" to describe what is in store for us when we move to TV full-time, one of my friends said, "It sounds like you're going off to college... without having to go to class." I think she's right
Old 09-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
After hearing me "try" to describe what is in store for us when we move to TV full-time, one of my friends said, "It sounds like you're going off to college... without having to go to class." I think she's right
I like that!!! I just found out yesterday that one of my high school classmates recently moved to TV. She said she loves it, and it reminds her of the "11th grade cafeteria"....I think that's a good thing too!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 09-28-2011, 08:44 AM

I can't wait to be living in a "senior community". 2 1/2 more weeks and TV ill be my home!!!!!! The Villages Florida

Suzanne
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.