Love the Brownwood and the Farmer's Market

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Sage
Default Love this market!!

We also went to the Farmer's Market at Brownwood today and bought green beans, tomatoes, yellow squash, mini banana and banana cranberry nut breads, and tomatoes. I just love this fresh market. Had the beans and squash. The beans were great but the seeds in the squash were really large and I prefer the smaller seeds, and the breads were delicious. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful variety of fresh fruits and veggies so close!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Gold member

We have been going to the farmers market just about every Saturday. While we do walk around and check out each of the veggy booths our favorite is the family from Webster. Do not remember their name but they were telling us that most of what they had Saturday had been picked Friday from their fields. They have a large booth on the west side of the square.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:26 PM

That's the booth I like too. Everything I've bought there has been very fresh and the people are friendly. The kale and carrots I bought had been picked by the wife the day before. Can't get much fresher than that! They told me they are on facebook under Lee Farms Webster. Pictures there of the kids helping plant and pick.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.