Lowe’s

Old 03-24-2024, 02:03 PM
Default Lowe’s

Lowe’s in Wildwood is one of the worst stores. Checkout lanes backed up into the aisles, one checkout person in both the main store and the garden center. They rarely bring their shopping carts in. Can’t wait for the new Home Depot, hopefully they will show Lowe’s how to run a business.

Old 03-24-2024, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,734 Times in 5,252 Posts

My main issue with the Wildwood Lowes is that it is a smaller store than the Lady Lake store, so they often do not have what I need. Amazon sells everything that Lowes does and more and usually for a lower price. The only reason to travel to Lowes is for something that I need immediately. I went there once for a hacksaw and they didn't have one. Go figure.

Old 03-24-2024, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassieb View Post
Lowe’s in Wildwood is one of the worst stores. Checkout lanes backed up into the aisles, one checkout person in both the main store and the garden center. They rarely bring their shopping carts in. Can’t wait for the new Home Depot, hopefully they will show Lowe’s how to run a business.
I found three check out isles open at Lowe’s the other day. Couldn’t believe it. And try and find someone to help or direct you. Good luck

Go to Ace. Someone’s always at the front door to help you. They’ll load bulk garden needs into your car for you. Prices are similar. Never Lowe’s unless I need plants.

Old 03-24-2024, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Lowe's is much closer, but I agree with ACE being MUCH more helpful, also ACE carries the exact same irrigation parts I need for replacements on my system and some who knows exactly which pieces are needed FROM PHOTOS of the broken unit.

Old 03-25-2024, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1mack View Post
I found three check out isles open at Lowe’s the other day. Couldn’t believe it. And try and find someone to help or direct you. Good luck

Go to Ace. Someone’s always at the front door to help you. They’ll load bulk garden needs into your car for you. Prices are similar. Never Lowe’s unless I need plants.
I love Ace, but I don't love are the bankers hours they operate under. Some of us still work and closing the stores at 6pm or closed all day Sunday makes it difficult to get there and get what I need.

Old 03-25-2024, 07:03 AM

I can find 90% of what I need much easier at Sparrs. Although they don't sell plants, ect.

Old 03-25-2024, 07:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Get used to it. Seems like a national trend. Some are putting in self checkouts and staff that area but overall customer service is becoming nonexistent. I do agree that the locally owned franchises like Ace or TrueValue have always been customer centric.

Old 03-25-2024, 07:07 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Ive never had a problem at Lowe's with checkout or getting help and they have a better selection of products than Sparr or Ace. However I like Ace because they know what is needed in TV homes such as furnace filter sizes, faucet washers, irrigation parts, etc. and I too like to shop on Sundays and they are not open so I end up going to Sparr and not finding what I need. Needed some Black Cow manure a week or so ago and Sparr was 50% higher than Ace.

Old 03-25-2024, 07:57 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,194 Times in 761 Posts

The new Home Depot is coming, but I don't think the checkout's will be much better....

Old 03-25-2024, 08:02 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Know someone who works there. Told me that they will be hiring more people. Let's see if that will help. Doubt it as others paying more. Buckees pays more. Not enough young worker bees in Central Florida

Old 03-25-2024, 08:24 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Know someone who works there. Told me that they will be hiring more people. Let's see if that will help. Doubt it as others paying more. Buckees pays more. Not enough young worker bees in Central Florida
And that is why they are building thousands of family homes all around TV. Build them and the workers will come.

Old 03-25-2024, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

IMO Lowe's is the "Wal-Mart" of big-box home improvement stores. They're handy--and cheap(er) but like is so often the case you get what you pay for. If I need a box of screws, a bunch of adhesive picture-hangers or some drawer pulls--well, Lowe's is just up the road. Anything else, particularly if quality is my #1 concern, I'll go to Home Depot or Ace.

They do have some good name-brand power tools though.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
And that is why they are building thousands of family homes all around TV. Build them and the workers will come.
At $7.75 an hour? Im sure they will be lining up like they were buying U2 concert tickets. Dont listen to the sales office people. We have a major shortage in this country of low wage/service sector workers (FL no exception). If your point was construction workers, I agree, but the former, good luck with that theory.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:39 AM
Veteran member

I like the 466a Lowes. Also like Ace and Sparr.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,734 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
At $7.75 an hour? Im sure they will be lining up like they were buying U2 concert tickets. Dont listen to the sales office people. We have a major shortage in this country of low wage/service sector workers (FL no exception). If your point was construction workers, I agree, but the former, good luck with that theory.
The Florida mimimum wage is $13 per hour.

Tags
lowe’s, checkout, shopping, carts, can’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.