Men’s Room ...Ladies Room

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #211  
Old 02-27-2020, 10:21 AM
villagerjack villagerjack is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,304
Thanks: 65
Thanked 105 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
It is time to remove gender signs on single stall rest rooms with locks. It is absurd to have several people waiting in line for one rest room when the other is empty. This is the 21st century. Things change.
What has changed? Are people going to the bathroom more frequently? Please explain why there is a line for one restroom while the other is empty? Pointing out what Century we live in is not a valid reason to alter societal norms for gender and restroom equality.
  #212  
Old 02-27-2020, 10:26 AM
Dr Winston O Boogie jr's Avatar
Dr Winston O Boogie jr Dr Winston O Boogie jr is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,328
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1,632 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Getting very puzzling out there. Was Eating in 5 Guys Brownwood and headed for the Mens Room. There was a lady standing outside both rooms which are adjacent to each other. I went to enter the Men’s Room and the lady gave me a look and said “there is a line”. But there were no men on the “line”, only her. I was taken aback by her remark but held back commenting because it was “in use” and I went on my way. I thought to myself that I would NEVER, EVER attempt to enter a Ladies Room but it appears some attitudes and rules have changed? This is dangerous territory especially for women if this becomes normalized. Under some rare and really crowded circumstances, I could see the desire to share these facilities but I think women in particular should be careful in mainstreaming this. Be careful what you wish for. It could get dangerous.
Are you sure that the she was a she and not a he in she clothing?
__________________
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
  #213  
Old 02-27-2020, 10:29 AM
JSR22's Avatar
JSR22 JSR22 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,066
Thanks: 467
Thanked 925 Times in 322 Posts
Default Restrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Good luck explaining to the dense, something that should be obvious...as I give up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
What has changed? Are people going to the bathroom more frequently? Please explain why there is a line for one restroom while the other is empty? Pointing out what Century we live in is not a valid reason to alter societal norms for gender and restroom equality.
It was in the last century blacks and whites had separate rest rooms. Equality of race eliminated the separate race bathrooms. Equality of gender should be the norm in the 21st century. It is time for change! The reason for the lines is men unzip most of the time. Women have to remove clothing all of the time.
  #214  
Old 02-27-2020, 10:34 AM
villagerjack villagerjack is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,304
Thanks: 65
Thanked 105 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtacba View Post
There are NO products on the market that could handle such a HUGE elimination. You do NOT understand. Depends might help with urine. Not able to contain diarrheal feces.
People need to be informed and the ignorance about fecal incontinence must stop. Sorry to be so clinical but people need to know.
With single use RR , it should not matter.
Peace!

It sounds like you have a medical problem that you want others to solve for you. That is not the way polite society functions. We all have issues, especially in a retirement community. I cannot read the menus in most fast food places. What should I do? Demand them to move them closer, use larger lettering, have a staff member read the menu to me? You want to change something that most people are comfortable with because you have a problem. I think you should solve your own problem and I will deal with mine.
  #215  
Old 02-27-2020, 10:44 AM
villagerjack villagerjack is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,304
Thanks: 65
Thanked 105 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
It was in the last century blacks and whites had separate rest rooms. Equality of race eliminated the separate race bathrooms. Equality of gender should be the norm in the 21st century. It is time for change! The reason for the lines is men unzip most of the time. Women have to remove clothing all of the time.
I already addressed this for you. No ones rights are being violated and to use that travesty to make your point is beyond the pale. We do have Restroom Equality. Equal number of Men’s and Ladies Restrooms. My wife and I usually use different facilities at the same time and 100% of the time she is out before I am. So perhaps you should find another solution. The one you propose is blatant Restroom INEQUALITY. Perhaps a course in Restroom Efficiencies could be more appropriate than tipping the balance of of Equality to favor one gender over the other.

Last edited by villagerjack; 02-27-2020 at 11:19 AM.
  #216  
Old 02-27-2020, 11:00 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,393
Thanks: 4,188
Thanked 4,689 Times in 1,605 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtacba View Post
There are NO products on the market that could handle such a HUGE elimination. You do NOT understand. Depends might help with urine. Not able to contain diarrheal feces.
People need to be informed and the ignorance about fecal incontinence must stop. Sorry to be so clinical but people need to know.
With single use RR , it should not matter.
Peace!
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have the visual.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #217  
Old 02-27-2020, 11:00 AM
JSR22's Avatar
JSR22 JSR22 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,066
Thanks: 467
Thanked 925 Times in 322 Posts
Default Restrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
I already addressed this for you. No ones rights are being violated and to use that travesty to make your point is beyond the pale. We do have Restroom Equality. Equal number of Men’s and Ladies Restrooms. My wife and I usually use different facilities at the same time and 100% of the time she is out before I am. So perhaps you should find another solution. The one you propose is blatant Restroom INEQUALITY.
My choice! If one is empty I will use the empty restroom. The signs are a suggestion not a law.
  #218  
Old 02-27-2020, 11:05 AM
Velvet's Avatar
Velvet Velvet is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2,921
Thanks: 624
Thanked 1,969 Times in 858 Posts
Default

Oh, and that reminds me, is there a fine for using the “wrong” restroom? Should there be? Or should us ladies take a temporary sign with us, like the construction workers and erect it incase of emergency.
  #219  
Old 02-27-2020, 11:35 AM
villagerjack villagerjack is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,304
Thanks: 65
Thanked 105 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Oh, and that reminds me, is there a fine for using the “wrong” restroom? Should there be? Or should us ladies take a temporary sign with us, like the construction workers and erect it incase of emergency.
Bathroom emergencies have existed for centuries for men and women and until now no one suggested that this Could be solved by removing all signs from restrooms. Perhaps you could get the ball rolling with businesses and Management by lobbying for change rather than violating societal norms. Until then we should obey the signs. There were no open tables at Mc Donald’s the other day except the one labeled handicapped. I was pleased to see that this sign was honored because shortly thereafter a gentleman that needed it was able to use it. Thank God for signs. Signs matter.
  #220  
Old 02-27-2020, 12:05 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,768
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Does that mean that you can park in a No Parking Zone when all the spots are filled? Use the Exit in the theater when the Entrance has a line? Convenience should not take a back seat to safety. Signs on bathrooms have been there for as long as I lived, perhaps longer. Why do you want to change it now? Perhaos some bright mind could come up with a better solution to shorten the time women take in bathrooms because it is not Men demanding to use Womens Rest Rooms, but Women demanding to use Men’s Rooms.
Women do need to take longer than men in the restroom for the normal act of number one. (I can not believe I'm actually typing this. LOL!) Men don't refresh make-up? Men don't pull up a girdle or panty hose. You get the idea. There is just more going on in a ladies room than a mens room. Give us ladies a break. We do take longer in the restroom than men. It is a fact of life.
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #221  
Old 02-27-2020, 12:10 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,768
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by croughwell View Post
Yes.... Yes it does... If you are an entitled villager and the rules don't apply to you!
It would help if you quoted the person you are replying to. Without using the quote function, I have no idea who you are addressing. Thank you.
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #222  
Old 02-27-2020, 12:12 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,768
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
The problem originated because for some unexplained reason, women take longer than men. If the opposite were true you would not hear women saying that it was OK for Men to use the Ladies Rooms. In fact, they would likely defend their turf. In all these posts there has not been a single comment from anyone with a suggestion as to how Women could do their part for other Women by shortening their stay in the ladies room, which after all is the problem. There is not that much of a difference in procedures between men and women so what ever else is going on on there should be addressed by women and no need to invade the rooms reserved for Men for at least 100 years or more.
All I can say to this is "Wake up and smell the coffee". You aren't serious. Are you???????
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #223  
Old 02-27-2020, 12:15 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,768
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondvu2 View Post
I personally prefer not to use the men's room as us ladies have to sit on the seat and sometimes the men (no offense) miss where they are aiming! Ladies rooms should be for Ladies and Men's rooms for Men!
You mean you haven't mastered the " public restroom - hover over the toilet with the seat up and aim directly into the center of the water in the toilet move?" I thought that was toilet training 101 for young girls.
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #224  
Old 02-27-2020, 12:17 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,755
Thanks: 491
Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,817 Posts
Default

200 posts.


I think we have this covered.


__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #225  
Old 02-27-2020, 12:18 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,768
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I just went back and reread the OP...... I'll be damned if I see an agenda. I also didn't see single use or lock in the first 4 posts. Then it started to go down hill.
I think this thread is a hoot. I'm having so much fun and lots of laughs!
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
Closed Thread

Tags
room, enter, dangerous, men’s, lady

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.