Mommieswamie update

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Default Mommieswamie update

Many of you will recall the struggle that mommieswamie shared with us in the last couple of months. She wanted to remain in her TV home and take care of her husband in his declining health, but in the end just couldn't.

She finally moved to South Carolina near a daughter and she and her husband moved into an assisted living facility.

This morning I got a message from her. (I had sent her a couple of private messages back before they left, not wanting to put all my thoughts out for everyone to see.)

She has asked that I give everyone an update. Right now she just doesn't feel up to posting.

As she said she felt in the assisted living setting she could deal with her husband's condition, but it turned out she just couldn't, plus she had been ignoring her own physical health, and that has come back to bite her.

Finally with her family, her husband and her all together they've decided to move back to their TV house. Her husband will be going into a long term care facility and she will be working on getting her health back on track at home, and is anxious to get back out and see her friends.

She feels sad that she couldn't do it all, but is coming to grips with the fact that she did the best she could. Her husband wants her to be happy, and is OK with the final decision.

I'm sure she would appreciate all of your good thoughts for her and her family.

Dave
Old 01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
Many of you will recall the struggle that mommieswamie shared with us in the last couple of months. She wanted to remain in her TV home and take care of her husband in his declining health, but in the end just couldn't.

She finally moved to South Carolina near a daughter and she and her husband moved into an assisted living facility.

This morning I got a message from her. (I had sent her a couple of private messages back before they left, not wanting to put all my thoughts out for everyone to see.)

She has asked that I give everyone an update. Right now she just doesn't feel up to posting.

As she said she felt in the assisted living setting she could deal with her husband's condition, but it turned out she just couldn't, plus she had been ignoring her own physical health, and that has come back to bite her.

Finally with her family, her husband and her all together they've decided to move back to their TV house. Her husband will be going into a long term care facility and she will be working on getting her health back on track at home, and is anxious to get back out and see her friends.

She feels sad that she couldn't do it all, but is coming to grips with the fact that she did the best she could. Her husband wants her to be happy, and is OK with the final decision.

I'm sure she would appreciate all of your good thoughts for her and her family.

Dave
Thank you Dave for being so thoughtful. We pray the Mommieswamie can get her health back and find peace.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 PM

Thank you for the update. I was wondering. Please let her know that she, her husband, and their family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

thanx for the update. please let her know that i am so proud of her ability to make the tough and tougher decisions! and let her know that she and her family will remain in my prayers.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Thank you Dave for being so thoughtful. We pray the Mommieswamie can get her health back and find peace.
Hopefully returning to TV will bring them peace and happiness...God Bless them both and their family.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Sage
Default Thoughts are with you.....

Such a difficult decision. My heart goes out to everyone involved in making these tough choices. Very happy they decided to return to TV and uplifting thoughts for everyone. My dad had Parkinson's and Alzheimer's and my mom, who was in good health, had to make an extremely difficult decision to put him in a skilled facility, as she could no longer care for him. They were married for 65 years.....sweethearts right out of school. He passed 3 years ago. My heart goes out to all.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:06 PM

Sending many many blessing to her and her family I am glad she is getting a chance to come back to where she is happy. Wishing the best for her husband AND FAMILY.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Default Thank you

I am completely dissolved into tears at the immense kindness of all of you. It was the hardest decision I ever made to pick up the phone, call my oldest child and say " I cannot do this any more". Within a minute she had conferenced in all the rest of the children and the decision was made. Even my husband is now at peace with it.

Paperwork, forms, doctors orders, help from our Senior Advocate, Medicaid attorney, sadness - we will choose a place this week
Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 AM

So glad to see you back on TOTV. I hope the transition goes well.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Sage

Thanks for the update, Her situation was tough and I'm glad to hear that she sorted out what is best for everyone.

My uncle went through a similar situation with his wife in that she was dragging his health down as he tried to care for her as best he could.

Thoughts and prayers for her well being.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Sending prayers your way and please keep us informed.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.