In need of reviews

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2023, 05:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,890 Times in 801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
I never thought I would be talking about this in public, but for your Mother, here goes:

I played around with bidets in European hotels and I did not like them at all, I ended up getting soaked. I have another suggestion you might try. When my husband was in rehab he was given some excellent wet wipes. They are almost the size of a small hand towel and pleasantly lightly scented. I get them now for my grand babies and their Mothers like them, but they are not flushable. They are available on Amazon. Mckesson Staydry disposable wash cloths100 12x7. It is an excellent product.
Some that say they are flushable shouldn’t be flushed, as they don’t dissolve very well, which means they could get stuck in pipes. How can you tell? Put one in a kettle of water, wait an hour, and give it a stir. Does it break into particles? Toilet paper does that in a minute. Kleenex in a couple minutes. Wet wipes? Well, possibly not.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:37 AM
Default Ptsd

Those gadgets had long sounded intriguing but I had never run across one until moving into our place here in May. Before I could get up my nerve and run a controlled test with one of our new-to-us gadgets, that "handle" was somehow accidentally bumped. Would never have guessed that there would be such a "jet" involved. I think I felt it all the way up into my throat. Am now afraid that it could someday happen again, so find myself kind of sneaking up on the throne these days.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:43 AM

I have the Luxe Neo185 in all my bathrooms. No heater. No electric needed. I installed them myself and my husband was impressed. Almost every guest we have had has gone home and purchased one for themselves.

The Toto Washlet is the best in the industry, but I don’t think she needs it. The Neo185 will take care of her needs.

DeKalb, Illinois / Twin Cities, Minnesota
Old 12-11-2023, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz View Post
My mother is 82 and has major back problems. We (her kids) were talking about getting her a Bidet, hoping it will help make things in the bathroom easier for her back.
No one in the family has one so let the search begin. They go from a simple one for $50 to the Grand Daddy $1000.
If you have one can you please share a review like make, model, cost, and will this help her.
Thank you in advance for all your help.
The one we are considering is TOTO Washlet C2.
I bought the Brondell S-1400 a year ago and love it! Check out the videos online. They’ll give you a good idea of what to expect from many different models.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:31 AM
Talking

Personally, I like the Veken Bidet Attachment for Toilet.
Dual sprayer front/back her/him ..
Adjustable nozzel pressure and angle.
Easy install. Not heated. (have never felt the need (pun)).
$45 on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
Old 12-11-2023, 06:39 AM
Veteran member

Mt wife had an operation 6 years ago that went south and she ended up in a wheelchair. I bought a Bio Bidet 2000 I had to have an outlet install near the tank, but it was the best investment I ever made. This thing does everything short of washing the dishes. Besides the cleaning is has an enema setting, a dryer, plus a setting for back and front. During the pandemic we hardly used and toilet paper at all.
My wife passed recently, and I've start to use it, when it dies, I will install a new one.
Old 12-11-2023, 07:16 AM
Default brondell

Brondell FreshSpa around 42 it's great

The Villages Florida
Old 12-11-2023, 07:43 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,290 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
The "Buttler" is a fairly cheap but sturdy alternative bidet!
Thank you will review
Old 12-11-2023, 07:45 AM

I have the Brondell Swash non-electric Ecoseat that I recommend. It's around $85-90 on Amazon. It has the bidet built into the seat which makes cleaning the bowl a lot easier than the bolt-on type that goes on under a existing seat. I had a Luxe Bidet bolt-on and while it worked great it was an issue trying to clean behind the bidet attachment that hangs down into the bowl.
Old 12-11-2023, 07:54 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,290 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorriJ View Post
I have the Luxe Neo185 in all my bathrooms. No heater. No electric needed. I installed them myself and my husband was impressed. Almost every guest we have had has gone home and purchased one for themselves.

The Toto Washlet is the best in the industry, but I don’t think she needs it. The Neo185 will take care of her needs.
Thank you, will look it up. Thanks again
Old 12-11-2023, 07:56 AM
Default Bidet

Quote:
My mother is 82 and has major back problems. We (her kids) were talking about getting her a Bidet, hoping it will help make things in the bathroom easier for her back.
No one in the family has one so let the search begin. They go from a simple one for $50 to the Grand Daddy $1000.
If you have one can you please share a review like make, model, cost, and will this help her.
I bought mine on Amazon for $50. I love it it works great. I bought it in my old house and I have it in my new house and love it.
Old 12-11-2023, 08:15 AM
Default Bidets

Quote:
We have two Luxe bidets from Amazon at a cost of $50+ on Amazon. We like them so much we also purchased them for our home up North. No, the water is not heated, but, surprisingly, that doesn’t seem to be a problem. Simple to install and didn’t have to alter our existing toilet seats either.
Old 12-11-2023, 08:19 AM
Default Toilet Seat Bidet

I highly recommend: KOHLER 5724-0 Puretide Elongated Bidet Toliet Seat, Manual Non-Electric Bidets for Existing Toilets, Adjustable Bidet Sprayer, White

From Amazon $80. Bidet is built into the seat does, not an add-on. Looks GREAT.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:41 AM

Quote:
We have the Toto Washlet and love it! Worth every penny and more.
Old 12-11-2023, 10:23 AM

Oh gosh I had seriously thought about getting a bidet for years. That idea arose again when we were discussing it at work in 2018. The 3 of us were talking at our desks and one guy brought it up and said "I was thinking that most people walk around with a dirty butt." He laughed but then we got serious in talking about getting one. I have always used the waterpic shower massager w/hose to clean the undercarriage when showering. So I at least get to that once a day. I also wet the paper when going to the restroom at home and even add a drop of liquid soap on the wet folded TP at the finish.

So I was again thinking about getting one since moving to the villages in 2022. I googled the top ones then I looked them up on Amazon and read many reviews. Along with those who liked them, there was always some problem even with the highest rated ones. The stream was too strong, too weak, messy with water spills, didn't work after a few months, couldn't fit on some toilets. I read 'em all and gave up looking.

I won't know for sure until I try a few. And I'm hesitant to go through the trouble only to have to return it at the UPS store. So what I'm really asking is... umm...can I come over and try anyone's bidet???
Closed Thread

Tags
make, back, $50, grand, daddy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.