Need a solution or recommendation

Old 05-02-2024, 06:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It would be very unusual for the screens to be permanently attached to the door or to the lanai. Sometimes there are hidden clips along the edge of the screen where it fits into the frame. My window screens have hidden expansion clips and you need to use a screwdriver to pry out the edge of the screen to remove it. If you cannot figure it out, take a photo and ask a window expert how to remove the screens.
No the screens are fixed just like birdcage screen. You can lift the doors out but that is a pain. The window spray will do a pretty good job and cleans the screens at the same time that is what I did.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:05 AM

It sounds like you have the same installation that we had done by Custom Windows. I believe that Custom Windows will come out to clean your sliders for a fee. We use Michael Reeves to clean ours for a reasonable price per slider (352) 288-0837. They pop the sliders out of the track and do a great job.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:25 AM
Default Window Cleaning

Suggest you use Testerman's - quality work, we had Eric, excellent for power washing around our pool area, lanai, screens, etc.

https://testermansprowash.com/
Old 05-02-2024, 06:34 AM

Most of the glass sliders I have seen can be raised up and lifted out of their track, brought into the lanai and washed from the inside.
Be kind to one another... Ephesians 4:32
Old 05-02-2024, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biskopski View Post
We purchased our 8 yr old home and moved in Sept 2023. Our home has an extended Lanai that was originally just screened. The previous owners had the Lanai enclosed with glass sliding doors and It is heated and has air conditioning. How do I wash the exterior side of the patio doors with the large permanent screens installed? Do I use a special product I spray thru to the glass thru the screens? Do I have to have the patio doors popped out of the tracks? Are there professional Villages companies that would handle this for me? Thanking you in advance for your recommendations!
We have the same configuration, installed for us by Custom Windows. Large sliding windows with a fixed screen outside. This configuration of fixed screens is not at all unusual. (Amazing how many people on TOTV will make "helpful" posts while knowing nothing.)

I clean the outsides a couple of times a year with my pressure washer, at the same time I clean the house. I dose it with a pressure washer soap, then wash it off with a fairly wide beam. Being VERY careful not to get the pressure nozzle too close to the screens!

Ours have been installed for two years now, and I've not had to actually do a window cleaning on the outsides, but it's not difficult at all to lift the panels out of their tracks to clean both sides.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:11 AM

All the window washing services I’ve used at my house with same setup just lift the sliding doors out of track to clean the glass. I used to use D&J but they are too busy to get anymore so now I use Sabrina’s once a year to do the entire house (approx $200 including sliders). Call Shena 352-496-9453. They finish the entire house in less than 2 hours including taking screens out of windows. It’s also a good time to clean the tracks if the sliders, I use some soapy water with a thin brush, then bring the hose in to flush it out of the weep holes.
https://sabrinaswindowcleaning.com/
Old 05-02-2024, 07:21 AM
Default Thus my problem

My screens are huge. 4 patio doors wide. Appear to be the permanent style that are chaulked in. With clear all the way around. That's why I was questioning if the sliding patio doors need to be removed from the tracks to properly clean. I have order the index product someone recommended to give it a try. Wish me luck!
Old 05-02-2024, 07:30 AM

Those “windows” lift out. It’s a pain but I had them and once a year I would take them out and wash them. The screens ARE permanent.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:05 AM
Default There are companies that clean the windows to a spotless shine.

Quote:
The screens are huge, like the size of 4 patio doors.
Screens are not removable but the sliding glass doors are. There are glass cleaning companies that do a terrific job cleaning your whole home windows at a very reasonable price. Eight to ten workers “swarm” the house and the whole job takes just an hour. If you attempt to remove the large screen, my bet is that you’ll need a professional to reinstall it properly. Unfortunately wife has the name of the business we used, and she’s not here right now.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:49 AM
Default Screens on lanai

If the screens were installed when the house was built then they can't be removed. We have the same situation. We remove the windows from inside by lifting them up and out of the track and wash both sides. They are very heavy. We now have a window washing company do it
Old 05-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Default Wash the screen with the doors behind

Quote:
We purchased our 8 yr old home and moved in Sept 2023. Our home has an extended Lanai that was originally just screened. The previous owners had the Lanai enclosed with glass sliding doors and It is heated and has air conditioning. How do I wash the exterior side of the patio doors with the large permanent screens installed? Do I use a special product I spray thru to the glass thru the screens? Do I have to have the patio doors popped out of the tracks? Are there professional Villages companies that would handle this for me? Thanking you in advance for your recommendations!
I would simply wash the screens with any house wash set up to spray soap with a garden hose and soap attachment. It's basically the soap I use to wash the whole house. The product I use is called "Krud Kutter" that I bought at Lowes. I have access to a power washer, but I don't recommend using it for screens.
Old 05-03-2024, 06:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy@Pinellas View Post
Most of the glass sliders I have seen can be raised up and lifted out of their track, brought into the lanai and washed from the inside.
You are correct but dual pane glass doors are quite heavy.
Old 05-03-2024, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
Contact Paul. Excellent and thorough work
We just had ours done by someone recommended by Paul because he doesn’t do this kind of window anymore. He had back surgery and can no longer lift the doors out of the tracks, which is how they’re cleaned.
Old 05-03-2024, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holpat39 View Post
If the screens were installed when the house was built then they can't be removed. We have the same situation. We remove the windows from inside by lifting them up and out of the track and wash both sides. They are very heavy. We now have a window washing company do it
Can you share with me who you use to clean them fir you?
Thank you!
Old 05-03-2024, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Wow. The Fuller Brush man is still around!
i remember when they went door to door!!

Tags
doors, patio, lanai, glass, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.