New pitch-n-putt course is absolutely beautiful

New pitch-n-putt course is absolutely beautiful

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
No championship golf, pitch and putt, walking only???? I guess the plan for the Villages south is catering to a different generation? Glad to be living north of 466.
They are indeed building a Championship course down here, Goldwingnut pointed it out on one of his videos. The pitch and put only allows a limited number of clubs to be used, I believe it said 2 and a putter but not 100% sure, as far as golf cars for those who can't walk, I don't know the answer so we'll have to wait and see. Your stating that TV is catering to a different generation is a bit premature at this point in time. I'm glad to be living down here and can't wait for the gourmet food trucks to line up, permits might have already been issued to these vendors. Marsh landing is going to be a beautiful village with tons of new amenities. I think they should have a full time EMS unit at the soccer fields, there are going to be a lot of muscles, tendons, and bones injured once that starts up.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
An picture take from the Cub of the golf course last week ->Dropbox - IMG_1797.JPG
and -> Dropbox - IMG_1798.JPG
Thanks very much for posting these two pictures.

The first picture will give people an idea of the beautiful walking trail from the Marsh View neighborhood to the Cattail Rec Center.

The second picture shows a closer view of the pitch-n-putt course with all of its water hazards. Yeah, the holes may be short but, as best we could tell, the first holes on both nines are right in front of the starters shack and they have forced carries over the water hazard. No place to hit a dribbler.

A truly gorgeous area. IMHO, the nicest we have seen in TV.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2019, 02:46 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We often go to the Fenney area on Sunday to walk around and see what is happening.

Today we went to the new neighborhood of Marsh Bend, parked in the Marsh View housing area with the brick streets, and walked along the pedestrian trail to the new Cattail Recreation Area.

The pedestrian trail is great - a wide asphalt path that will not allow golf carts, much nicer than a MMP for walking. The path winds thru live oak trees and has very nice views of Hog Eye Marsh.

We were very impressed with the new pitch-putt course they are building. The holes we saw were short (40-70 yards), but the greens appeared to have a lot of slope with some very challenging possible pin positions. In short, the whole place is truly beautiful, with the creek running thru the course, the small lakes, and the gorgeous live oaks.

There were no cart paths on the course, but there were narrow concrete paths from one green to the next tee, probably so people would not get confused which hole is next.

When everything is finished, I can foresee that my wife and I will enjoy parking our car at the Everglades Rec Center, taking the walking trail to Cattail, having lunch at one of the food trucks they plan to have there, and then walking back on the trail that is supposed to go north of Hog Eye Marsh.
I would use mosquito repellent when walking close to the marshes, especially in the evening
Old 02-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Veteran member

I agree with you on this. All those houses and STILL no regulation 18 hole golf course.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
No championship golf, pitch and putt, walking only???? I guess the plan for the Villages south is catering to a different generation? Glad to be living north of 466.
Why build real golf courses when you can use the land to build more houses to maximize profit and give the residents undersized "Pitch and putt" and "Putt and Play" substitutes?

Not for me.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
I agree with you on this. All those houses and STILL no regulation 18 hole golf course.
They are building the championship course near the turnpike rest area, it has been noted on here and on other forums several times. You can't get to that area yet by golf car so what is the big hurry, they're building as fast as humanly possible down here as it is and none of us really want them to start a night shift. Be patient grasshoppers.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Read in Daily Sun last week.....new Championship course to be built east of Turnpike.
If you are north of 466, why complain?
Old 02-12-2019, 03:53 PM

We looked all over the U.S. for the best of the best to retire in. We picked The Villages from the list and have no regrets. The developers could drop this project and live happily ever after without the stress of working, but they continue to improve and build better neighborhoods. Thank you developers and PLEASE keep on going.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I would use mosquito repellent when walking close to the marshes, especially in the evening
That is an EXCELLENT idea!

We recently heard a story about a villager who was bitten by a mosquito in November, got infected with the West Nile Virus, and died a short time later.

The man had played golf at Fenney, had dinner at the grill, and was sitting around the fire pit behind the Fenney visitor center. It sounds like a wonderful way to spend a nice evening with your friends, but a swarm of mosquitoes came out of the marsh and started biting them.

We always carry sunscreen in our cars, so now we will also carry bug repellent.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Veteran member

Avon Skin so Soft is a goody.
Keeps Scottish midges away, and if it can do that to them, it will probably keep anything away.
Alligators as well!!
Closed Thread

Tags
marsh, trail, walking, area, path