New Troll Reporting Deed Violations in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2023, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,663 Times in 3,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
The Homesite drawing (site plan) for a property shows utility easements along the streets.

This varies per property, in my case, it is 13.5 feet. Sumter County can provide copies off your property drawings via email if you don't have them.

https://sumtercountyfl.nextrequest.com/

In former homes, we were allowed landscaping in easements but if the utility needs to dig it up, they have no responsibility to replace.
Then violations of that, should fall under the jurisdiction of the county planning and zoning department, not the community development district. It's the county that sets those guidelines, not the CDD.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,773 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Well the ladies seem to be able to (most of the time) tell the difference between an insane person and an entitled one… though not always. And in those little purses they do carry, but I have never seen them use… several served and like to practice at the range. Being a female, especially an older one… can be deceptive.

The ladies are usually not confrontational. Females tend to shun, and talk about a person, to others, social media etc amazing how quickly one’s reputation can get around.
Hmm... New Super Heroine, The Q-Tip Avenger!!
Old 04-25-2023, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,066 Times in 1,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Hmm... New Super Heroine, The Q-Tip Avenger!!
Yes, they fought for this country, my cousins (females) one drove a night vision tank the other flew stealth but both were trained for action. So yes, heroine might apply to them.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,773 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote:
Yes, they fought for this country, my cousins (females) one drove a night vision tank the other flew stealth but both were trained for action. So yes, heroine might apply to them.
Please pass along my thanks for their service. Many forget that we have brothers and sisters in arms.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Then violations of that, should fall under the jurisdiction of the county planning and zoning department, not the community development district. It's the county that sets those guidelines, not the CDD.
Well, our restrictions state what can and can not be done in an easement. That's why it's best to get approval for new landscaping.

I suspect the utility does not care since they can just rip it out if needed and not replace.
Old 04-25-2023, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,481 Times in 2,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Well, our restrictions state what can and can not be done in an easement. That's why it's best to get approval for new landscaping.

I suspect the utility does not care since they can just rip it out if needed and not replace.
Which unit or CDD is that? I'd like to see the wording so I know I'm not missing something in my CDD10 restrictions.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-27-2023, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,416 Posts

Update: The complaints filed by this "troll" now total 46. Tactic has changed, the complaints being less specific and are now more broad.
Some state, roof color was it approved, landscaping was it approved, exterior wall color was it approved................for one address.
I think what is happening is beyond the intent of deed compliance.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,734 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Update: The complaints filed by this "troll" now total 46. Tactic has changed, the complaints being less specific and are now more broad.
Some state, roof color was it approved, landscaping was it approved, exterior wall color was it approved................for one address.
I think what is happening is beyond the intent of deed compliance.
As has been stated innumerable times in several forms, these "trolls" are not responsible for anything. They merely report possible violations. The powers-that-be decide if there is any substance to the reports.

Looking at things from that perspective--we should be thanking said "trolls" for their proactive approach to things. The powers-that-be certainly haven't shown that they have the cojones' to be proactive.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:28 PM

Ok Karen or Ken whomever you identify with
Old 04-27-2023, 12:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
As has been stated innumerable times in several forms, these "trolls" are not responsible for anything. They merely report possible violations. The powers-that-be decide if there is any substance to the reports.

Looking at things from that perspective--we should be thanking said "trolls" for their proactive approach to things. The powers-that-be certainly haven't shown that they have the cojones' to be proactive.
Why would you want to thank a bunch of busy bodies riding around the Villages and launching inquiries against their fellow Villagers? This is an abuse of the system and believe it or not will result in the demise of this “anonymous.” reporting system. More and more districts are ending this abuse to the system. (As an aside this could very well be the intent of the “busybodies.” So a double agent could be responsible!)
Old 04-27-2023, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post

Are you implying those responsible are not investigating complaints? Or are you implying a different complaint system? Just throwing out “ to be proactive” doesn’t really mean much?
Old 04-27-2023, 01:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
Why would you want to thank a bunch of busy bodies riding around the Villages and launching inquiries against their fellow Villagers? This is an abuse of the system and believe it or not will result in the demise of this “anonymous.” reporting system. More and more districts are ending this abuse to the system. (As an aside this could very well be the intent of the “busybodies.” So a double agent could be responsible!)
As I see it someone riding around the villages filling their days writing up all these anonymous complaints retired far to early. Some take up normal hobbies or volunteer their time to charity endeavors.
Old 04-27-2023, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,066 Times in 1,769 Posts

Quote:
Actually it’s the reverse, it is not abuse of the system, it IS the system. And it was intended that way for a few reasons: one is it is cheaper than hiring bylaw officers to patrol each village to enforce the deed restrictions. Another, and this is my observation only, from past behavior, that as long as the local residents are not bothered with it, like nice lawn ornaments etc, it doesn’t have to be considered an infraction. The trouble starts (again just in my opinion) when people who live far away and don’t in their daily life pass your house - start complaining.

I have a question for those who seem upset by the troll reporters, would you rather that we paid more in amenity fees to hire these bylaw officers to tell us the same thing as the “trolls”?
Old 04-27-2023, 03:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Actually it’s the reverse, it is not abuse of the system, it IS the system. And it was intended that way for a few reasons: one is it is cheaper than hiring bylaw officers to patrol each village to enforce the deed restrictions. Another, and this is my observation only, from past behavior, that as long as the local residents are not bothered with it, like nice lawn ornaments etc, it doesn’t have to be considered an infraction. The trouble starts (again just in my opinion) when people who live far away and don’t in their daily life pass your house - start complaining.

I have a question for those who seem upset by the troll reporters, would you rather that we paid more in amenity fees to hire these bylaw officers to tell us the same thing as the “trolls”?
46 complaints from one person? Is that what the system was supposed to be? Or was it in place to protect the neighborhood and help nearby homes protect their investment from broken down trucks, out of control landscaping, mold on a house, hacienda walls too high or too close to a neighbor? Having 1 or 2 complaints from a concerned neighbor is, in my opinion, what the system was intended for, not a long, randomly selected list of 46 items from a person who may not even live nearby.
Old 04-27-2023, 03:27 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,863 Times in 3,695 Posts

Quote:
46 complaints from one person? Is that what the system was supposed to be? Or was it in place to protect the neighborhood and help nearby homes protect their investment from broken down trucks, out of control landscaping, mold on a house, hacienda walls too high or too close to a neighbor? Having 1 or 2 complaints from a concerned neighbor is, in my opinion, what the system was intended for, not a long, randomly selected list of 46 items from a person who may not even live nearby.
Exactly.

If a neighbor or two have a concern, they should be able to voice. But they should be a neighbor..........not someone with a sad life trying to hurt someone else.

Can't wait to see the clip-boarders on the golf courses catching those silly boys P'g behind a tree.

Tags
flowers, violation, individual, submitted, anonymous

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.