Not easy selling houses

Not easy selling houses

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-05-2019, 04:42 PM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order

So in 2017 the developer sold 2,231 newly built houses. That is a huge number of houses to sell, especially in one development. For comparison I checked the worldwide sales of Roll Royce Motor cars for that year: 3,362 and Ferrari: 8,398.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Old 01-05-2019, 10:24 PM
Gold member

Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I would agree with most that new home sales are dependent on what the Developer builds and that is dependent in part on how many new homes they project they can sell in a given year.

I as many others wish them success in future years to meet their sales goals. To what extent their sales will increase I thought might be an interesting topic to discuss. Past sales figures may or may not be an indication of what is possible but it’s a place to start. The lower 2018 new home sales figure was a surprise to me as I thought they had ramped up builds last year and would surpass 2017 sales.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2019, 10:47 PM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

IMHO, houses in the Villages with a good location, that are in good shape, and that are priced reasonably to market conditions, will sell like drinks during happy hour during a Rocky and the Rollers show on Market Night in a town square.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:13 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think your title sounds negative and in my opinion is not the case at all. We had five homes in our Village of 53 homes sell a short time ago and they sold quickly.
Were they new homes?
Old 01-06-2019, 04:55 AM
Veteran member

Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval

Bonus is eventually all new houses are sold. Fenney has to be close to being sold out. In 07 when we came here the houses had multiple people trying to buy, due to worry of the possibility of build out

We have more information about wher the next build will be than in 07, and build out is not in my future and possibly in my next generation.

So my thought why more homes sold so quickly in years past, was Fear Of Build Out
Old 01-06-2019, 08:33 AM
Sage

Do you think that someone is thinking about the mortgage rate going up?

I don't know the statistics, but a frequently repeated rumor is that about half the new homes are completely paid for when purchased, here in The Villages.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
I think a better metric of how easy it is to sell a house it median time it takes to sell one, not how many were sold. Statistics on time to sell though I think are hard to come by.

Lyle Gant, a local Realtor keeps excellent stats on sales of existing homes through the MLS.

In 2018 MLS resales of TV homes was 1391, average days on market was 48. That is a robust market.

2018 Villages Home Sales by Month and Type

Not sure how accurate, but I Have heard that MLS sells 40-50% of resales in TV, the balance of resales are done by TV sales agents through the VLS. So total resales in TV would be in the range of 2800 to 3000 last year. Adding new home sales of 2134 and you are over 5000 homes sold. Hardly anemic for one community. Any builder would give his right arm for those kind of numbers.

Yes, new home sales currently are a lot less than the heydays of 2004-2006, but there are many factors at play here. Average sales price of new homes has gone up by a considerable percentage, TV homes are getting larger. There are many ways to skin a cat. I would guesstimate that over 50% of TV new home sales are spec homes, not ordered with a deposit so lots of risk for the developer. Build too many or too few and you lose. If you feel you know better TV is always looking for talented people.

Last edited by GoodLife; 01-06-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:23 AM
Veteran member

Seems that house sales are a bit like the weather.
Some years good, some years bad, and some years indifferent.
Homes
Old 01-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Default Homes

[QUOTE=twoplanekid;1613455]We sometimes think it’s easy to sell houses especially in The Villages. While The Villages is still the top-selling master-planned community in the US, the new home sales figures are a little anemic.

I thought for sure with all of the building down south and the larger numbers of new homes for sale that new home sales would start to climb to closer to 3,000 per year. Actual, 2018 sales were a tad less than 2017. What are your thoughts for new home sales in 2019?

RESPONSE:

Selling the most homes does not make you the best. It only means you have the most to sell in the area.
After one Village purchase, we would not buy from the Villages, no way..
Old 01-06-2019, 12:26 PM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

[QUOTE=Brawnwy123;1613754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
We sometimes think it’s easy to sell houses especially in The Villages. While The Villages is still the top-selling master-planned community in the US, the new home sales figures are a little anemic.

I thought for sure with all of the building down south and the larger numbers of new homes for sale that new home sales would start to climb to closer to 3,000 per year. Actual, 2018 sales were a tad less than 2017. What are your thoughts for new home sales in 2019?

RESPONSE:

Selling the most homes does not make you the best. It only means you have the most to sell in the area.
After one Village purchase, we would not buy from the Villages, no way..
After one Village purchase, we would DEFINITELY buy from The Villages again. We rented for 6 or 7 winters in various villages around Lake Sumter and enjoyed every one of them and now have lived in Fenney for 20 months and enjoy it even more down here. TV is not for everyone but I don't think there are too many regrets.

Tags
sales, year, easy, villages, sale