To be or not to be-TV Antennas installed outside

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2015, 07:31 PM
Veteran member

actually cutting the cord usually means one maintains a high speed internet connection.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
sorry i like to argue and furthermore i don't like folks with no authority to try to tell me what i can and can't do.
Our government does enough of that.
remember we live in a free world and i resent someone telling me what i can and can't do with my property as long as i am within the LAW!
A Deed Restriction is a contract and subject to the law of contracts
Deed Restrictions, also known as restrictive covenants, in property deeds are treated as if they were a contract between the buyer, the seller, and whomever else the covenant may concern. As a result, they are subject to the same sorts of rules governing contracts. Therefore, any person entitled to benefit under a restrictive covenant is entitled to sue to enforce it.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Well stated. I have lived in a deed restricted community before. The consequences of violating the covenants were a warning letter, fines, liens, and eventual court action. I saw it happen a number of times. In my opinion, the upside of deed restrictions is much greater than the downside but they are not for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
Well I'm kind of like you. I'm not big on regulations either. But the fact of the matter is if it were not for big lobby money that went to Washington concerning the small satellite industry the HOA, POA, or what ever you call them would have the right to say yes or no on the outdoor TV antenna based on what is in the covenants of the community. What many people don't realize is when you buy into one of these communities you actually enter into a binding contact. You actually give away some of your rights concerning your own property for a contractual agreement where the ruling group of people will maintain the esthetic quality of the neighborhood so as to protect everyone's investment. In 99% of the cases those people are reasonable. Then there is that 1% that can be a major nightmare to the home owner. Luckily in this area whether it be the Villages, Stonecrest, or DellWeb things are reasonablely managed.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
OMG the deed restriction is not Law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also they are preempted by federal and State Law!
a association can not make law only legislation can.
Ok....except this developer and District can take you to court to the extent of having you removed from TV, which they have done. So the deed restrictions enjoy the force of law. Of course if you want to test them, please do.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-14-2015, 03:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Ok....except this developer and District can take you to court to the extent of having you removed from TV, which they have done. So the deed restrictions enjoy the force of law. Of course if you want to test them, please do.
again you people are missing the point, federal and state law preempts any restriction you sign and become unlawful and non enforceable.
So if they try to enforce a restriction that is preempted by federal and state law they can be sued for damages for trying to circumventing state and federal law.
What i like about the powers to be they have deep pockets to hire lawyers but also have deep pockets to pay out on class action lawsuits.
have a nice day folks and stop being intimidated by unlawful contracts.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
p.s. OMG they can not have you removed from the TV for a deed restriction, where in GODS name do you get your information.
PLEASE let them try that with me i welcome it, i would end up owning a good chunk of the Villages.
Have a good day and have a beer on me.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
A Deed Restriction is a contract and subject to the law of contracts
Deed Restrictions, also known as restrictive covenants, in property deeds are treated as if they were a contract between the buyer, the seller, and whomever else the covenant may concern. As a result, they are subject to the same sorts of rules governing contracts. Therefore, any person entitled to benefit under a restrictive covenant is entitled to sue to enforce it.
as long as federal and state laws do not preempt it, that is the point you are missing!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
p.s. OMG they can not have you removed from the TV for a deed restriction, where in GODS name do you get your information.
PLEASE let them try that with me i welcome it, i would end up owning a good chunk of the Villages.
Have a good day and have a beer on me.
Keep thinking that way....... The information came from Community Standards during a presentation on the steps taken by them when someone try's to break their contract. But, go get'em if that's what you want to do.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Keep thinking that way....... The information came from Community Standards during a presentation on the steps taken by them when someone try's to break their contract. But, go get'em if that's what you want to do.
omg!!!!!!!!!! go ahead and be intimidated .
Of course that is what the community standards wants you to believe.
That is the same thing the government wants people to be is sheeple.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
omg!!!!!!!!!! go ahead and be intimidated .
Of course that is what the community standards wants you to believe.
That is the same thing the government wants people to be is sheeple.

Deed restrictions are good. They keep property values high. If you break them you will be fined. If you don't pay it, further action will be leveled.

We have deliberately chosen areas WITH deed restrictions for many years as it protects our investment. I am surprised they are new to you.

Question re: CC&R's and attitudes....mostly a vent!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Deed restrictions are good. They keep property values high. If you break them you will be fined. If you don't pay it, further action will be leveled.

We have deliberately chosen areas WITH deed restrictions for many years as it protects our investment. I am surprised they are new to you.

Question re: CC&R's and attitudes....mostly a vent!
Gracegirl they are not new to me and why in gods name is everyone missing the point.
i never said the deed restrictions where bad or good!
I simple said that some of the deed restrictions are not lawful and federal and state law preempts any deed restriction.
Let me give you folks a definition of PREEMPT

preemption. n. the rule of law that if the federal government through Congress has enacted legislation on a subject matter it shall be controlling over state laws and/or preclude the state from enacting laws on the same subject if Congress has specifically stated it has "occupied the field."

This is also applies to local governed deed restrictions of a certain development.
Another words no matter what the deed restriction says state and federal law overrules it and makes the deed restriction unlawful and unenforceable, period.
This is all i am saying and no matter what you are being told about antennas, the deed restriction can not be enforced due to federal and state law allowing them.
I hope this clarifies this for some of you, it seem that some folks came here to have there life's controlled beyond the legal limits of the law and accept what the powers to be tell you without standing up for yourselves.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:27 PM
Default Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion as I have been looking for someone to install an antenna and will try "Solid Signal.com"

=======================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
The antenna I would like to try is an amplified antenna with a built in rotor. I believe it would fit in my attic. This the antenna I had spoken to an individual that had used one. They were very pleased with their performance. Its size is such that it is not any more intrusive looking then a satellite dish so I would not have a problem with mounting it outdoors. Prices range from $59 to $89 for the same antenna depending where you purchase it on the internet. I do a lot of business with solid signal.com.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Gracegirl they are not new to me and why in gods name is everyone missing the point.
I simple said that some of the deed restrictions are not lawful and federal and state law preempts any deed restriction.

preemption. n. the rule of law that if the federal government through Congress has enacted legislation on a subject matter it shall be controlling over state laws and/or preclude the state from enacting laws on the same subject if Congress has specifically stated it has "occupied the field."

This is also applies to local governed deed restrictions of a certain development.
Another words no matter what the deed restriction says state and federal law overrules it and makes the deed restriction unlawful and unenforceable, period.
This is all i am saying and no matter what you are being told about antennas, the deed restriction can not be enforced due to federal and state law allowing them.
I hope this clarifies this for some of you, it seem that some folks came here to have there life's controlled beyond the legal limits of the law and accept what the powers to be tell you without standing up for yourselves.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboViper View Post

We previously had a condo on St Pete Beach. Although the high rise had cable a couple of owners wanted a small dish to put on their balconies. The condo board told them they could not have a dish. One of the individuals was an attorney. He filed a complaint with the FCC. The FCC sent a letter to the condo board telling them to cease and desist. Guess who won that battle? I'll give you a hint - it starts with a big G.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I don't think anyone is debating this point. I also don't think anyone is debating whether you can install a sat dish or antenna - you can. I think people are talking past each other.

Quote:

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.