Rain amount? Rain amount? - Page 3 - Talk of The Villages Florida

Rain amount?

Reply
Thread Tools
  #31  
Unread Today, 03:33 AM
Sparky99 Sparky99 is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 89
Thanks: 7
Thanked 41 Times in 32 Posts
Default

So much rain.
  #32  
Unread Today, 08:02 AM
dougawhite dougawhite is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 496
Thanks: 359
Thanked 247 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Emptied my gauge this morning after 3 days. 6" in Ashland.
  #33  
Unread Today, 08:10 AM
Miboater Miboater is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Village of Hawkins
Posts: 318
Thanks: 14
Thanked 179 Times in 120 Posts
Default

7.5 inches so far since Tuesday in Hawkins.
  #34  
Unread Today, 08:58 AM
Stu from NYC Stu from NYC is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 16,047
Thanks: 1,314
Thanked 16,776 Times in 6,684 Posts
Default

AS of last night 10 inches from Tuesday to Thursday night.

More rain but somehow unit developed a crack and lost some amount of rainfall.

Time to buy a new one today.
  #35  
Unread Today, 11:03 AM
Battlebasset Battlebasset is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 667
Thanks: 240
Thanked 812 Times in 322 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtime4me View Post
>10" over last couple of days. Over 6" today.
Measured 9" over the past four days here in DeSoto via my rain gauge.
  #36  
Unread Today, 11:14 AM
laryb's Avatar
laryb laryb is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buttonwood, formerly Dartmouth, Ma
Posts: 882
Thanks: 100
Thanked 135 Times in 71 Posts
Default

We've had 6.5" of rain in our range gauge this week here in Buttonwood
__________________
"I ain't as good as I once was,
But I'm as good once as I ever was!" Toby Keith
  #37  
Unread Today, 11:47 AM
Wilson02852 Wilson02852 is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 85
Thanks: 94
Thanked 80 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Last 48 hours total 5.75 inches.

Village of Amelia
  #38  
Unread Today, 11:47 AM
Minoletti Minoletti is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Marsh Bend
Posts: 116
Thanks: 5
Thanked 111 Times in 51 Posts
Default marsh bend 9 inches tues thru fri pm

9 inches on my rain gauge in marsh bend
__________________
Ron
  #39  
Unread Today, 12:12 PM
DonnaNi4os DonnaNi4os is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 744
Thanks: 244
Thanked 384 Times in 240 Posts
Default

As of this morning our week long rainfall has been 10.5 inches as measured by my rain gauge in Marion County section of TV. Yesterday morning it read 7” which is the last measured line on my gauge. That means that yesterday’s downpours yielded 3.5”. Praise the Lord!
  #40  
Unread Today, 01:19 PM
sdeikenberry sdeikenberry is online now
Silver Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 483
Thanks: 43
Thanked 736 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
I've been kicking around getting one of those weather stations but they seem pretty pricey and I'm not sure how well they really work, anyone have any first hand experience with them?
I have used the Tempest Weather Station with Built-in Wind Meter, Rain Gauge, and Accurate Weather Forecasts, Wireless, App and Alexa Enabled, purchased from Amazon in August 2024. It's not cheap...you get what you pay for if your serious about tracking the weather. There are a large number of them across TV and thousands across the USA...you can track any of them from the app. They have an excellent track record, mine has been very accurate and I trust the data. For this week so far at Spanish Springs I've had 5.45" of rainfall.
  #41  
Unread Today, 01:21 PM
sdeikenberry sdeikenberry is online now
Silver Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 483
Thanks: 43
Thanked 736 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Just south of Spanish Springs my weather station recoreded 5.45" for the week so far...5.71" MTD, and 35.72" YTD.
  #42  
Unread Today, 01:43 PM
MandoMan MandoMan is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Tierra del Sol
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 2,640
Thanked 2,245 Times in 984 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I'd be interested in hearing from those who collect such data, how much rain have we had these last couple of days.

Seems to me that although it's been continuously precipitating, it hasn't been particularly productive.
Am I wrong?
Thursday, Village of Tamarind Grove, my rain gauge registered 3.4”. Since Sunday, it has registered a total of about 7.5”, including Thursday.
  #43  
Unread Today, 02:12 PM
Grill Meister Grill Meister is online now
Silver Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liberty Park
Posts: 255
Thanks: 2
Thanked 135 Times in 68 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Default

I am located in Pennecamp and I have a weather station mounted approx. 25' high. The rain form October is 5.45".
  #44  
Unread Today, 02:29 PM
sdeikenberry sdeikenberry is online now
Silver Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 483
Thanks: 43
Thanked 736 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill Meister View Post
I am located in Pennecamp and I have a weather station mounted approx. 25' high. The rain form October is 5.45".
This closely mirrors what my station says in Spanish Springs. I much more believe weather stations over yard rain gauges.
  #45  
Unread Today, 02:33 PM
Always thankful Always thankful is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2026
Posts: 1
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

9.5" in the last 6 days. Hawkins Village.
Reply

Tags
rain, days, continuously, couple, precipitating


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.