Shopping and restaurants South of 44?

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2022, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,358 Times in 4,350 Posts

When my wife and I first visited TV (Thanksgiving 2019), we looked at the new areas south of 44. Only Fenny was built at that time. Unfortunately, it was quite isolated (no golf cart access to anywhere), so we crossed that off our list.

When we visited a 13 months later, Chitty Chatty and Bradford were well underway, as well as Marsh Bend.

We liked the nw home design elements, but SWMBO hated having the power lines so close by and refused to consider any home with even a view of them.

We narrowed our search to resales between 44 and 466A, since most of the homes were 5 years old or newer and had the newer more open floor plans we liked. Finally settling in Osceola Hills.

We still look at new (and resale homes) as I would like more room down the road. We saw a really nice Begonia (or possibly a Gardenia) in Deaton, that was stretched and had a side add on guest suite with a separate entrance by the garage (also accessible thru the kitchen) with a large living room, a kitchenette and a full BR and bath.

I really wanted that house, but we weren't in the right position to make an offer on it and then sell our current Villages home... Oh, well...

We've driven thru Marsh bend and it's delightful. Richmond also looks like it's going to be really nice. I'd have no qualms about living in either one of those villages...

St Catherine is also nice, far away from the power lines, but it's pretty far from our friends who mostly live between 44 and 466A...

Buy where you like who gives a rat's behind what others think about YOUR choice...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-23-2022, 01:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
There you go, there are a lot more homes within Wildwood north of 44 than south of 44. Wildwood extends all the way up to Oxford, a huge community. So you add the northern share of Wildwood crime with Lady Lake and Fruitland Park and you'll find that most crimes are up north, even downtown Wildwood is north of 44.. All the drug arrests, fights, Drunks, etc., within the squares are north of 44. Come to think of it almost everything bad that happens in and around The Villages is north of 44. Once again, wrong facts.
Well, considering there aren't any squares south of 44, it would be pretty much impossible for there to be any crime in said squares...

Regardless, bash on...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-23-2022, 02:19 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,430 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Well, considering there aren't any squares south of 44, it would be pretty much impossible for there to be any crime in said squares...

Regardless, bash on...
. Correct, that's what I've been saying all along, most of the crime is north of 44. Down south there's a domestic issue once in awhile, maybe a stolen set of clubs or a barking dog complaint, that's about it with a few exceptions. And by the way, I'm not bashing the north, stating a few facts to offset all of the bashing we in the south have been receiving for the last 5 years, we kind of get tired of hearing all the BS after awhile.
Old 08-23-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Well, thanks for being the scorekeeper of this thread...

Did you actually do a statistical analysis of the responses, or are you just guessing?
No, just going off empirical evidence. This thread and numerous others prior have the same snide remarks from people north of 466A. Usually from the same 10 to 15 people that feel the need to point out all of the supposed problems with the south area….even though most never leave their little circle of comfort to check for themselves. So, back to your original question, I did not do a statistical analysis on this issue.

Last edited by John Mayes; 08-23-2022 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-23-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
When my wife and I first visited TV (Thanksgiving 2019), we looked at the new areas south of 44. Only Fenny was built at that time. Unfortunately, it was quite isolated (no golf cart access to anywhere), so we crossed that off our list.

When we visited a 13 months later, Chitty Chatty and Bradford were well underway, as well as Marsh Bend.

We liked the nw home design elements, but SWMBO hated having the power lines so close by and refused to consider any home with even a view of them.

We narrowed our search to resales between 44 and 466A, since most of the homes were 5 years old or newer and had the newer more open floor plans we liked. Finally settling in Osceola Hills.

We still look at new (and resale homes) as I would like more room down the road. We saw a really nice Begonia (or possibly a Gardenia) in Deaton, that was stretched and had a side add on guest suite with a separate entrance by the garage (also accessible thru the kitchen) with a large living room, a kitchenette and a full BR and bath.

I really wanted that house, but we weren't in the right position to make an offer on it and then sell our current Villages home... Oh, well...

We've driven thru Marsh bend and it's delightful. Richmond also looks like it's going to be really nice. I'd have no qualms about living in either one of those villages...

St Catherine is also nice, far away from the power lines, but it's pretty far from our friends who mostly live between 44 and 466A...

Buy where you like who gives a rat's behind what others think about YOUR choice...

This last part, I agree 100%. If you’re happy where you are, that’s all that matters.
Old 08-23-2022, 06:41 PM
Sage

Quote:

If you looked south of 44 in November of 2019 and only Fenney was built once again you are 'Wrong" on November 21, 2019 I had my walkthrough at a new Patio Villa I purchased as a rental in Monarch Grove. When you were supposedly here not only was Fenney built but homes were up in DeSoto, McClure, and on the other side of 501 Linden and Monarch grove. You need to check your facts.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mayes View Post
No, just going off empirical evidence. This thread and numerous others prior have the same snide remarks from people north of 466A. Usually from the same 10 to 15 people that feel the need to point out all of the supposed problems with the south area….even though most never leave their little circle of comfort to check for themselves. So, back to your original question, I did not do a statistical analysis on this issue.
Did your "empirical evidence" also note the same "snide remarks" from the people south of 466A?

Btw, I find it interesting that you now include those between 466A and 44 as those being dumped upon. No one else has done that before...

BTW, I'm south of 466A (but north of 44), so which team am I supposed to be on?

-Tom Petty
Old 08-23-2022, 10:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Did your "empirical evidence" also note the same "snide remarks" from the people south of 466A?

Btw, I find it interesting that you now include those between 466A and 44 as those being dumped upon. No one else has done that before...

BTW, I'm south of 466A (but north of 44), so which team am I supposed to be on?
From someone stating that only Fenney existed south of 44 in November 2019, even Marsh Bend and Edna's were open at that time, give us all a break.

Last edited by vintageogauge; 08-24-2022 at 06:09 AM.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
From someone stating that only Fenney existed south of 44 in November 2019, even Marsh Bend and Edna's were open at that time, give us all a break.
Sorry, I should have said "finished"... Those other areas were still construction zones...

Still doesn't change a thing I said about power lines...

But thanks for nit picking. It doesn't change my point...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
shopping, area, located, super, walmart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.