Sprouts Market

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2023, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
What’s everyone’s opinion of this new store near Laurel Manor on 466?
Was there this morning and there were maybe a dozen cars in the lot.
I’m not impressed!
Will they be there in a year?
Another YES vote for Sprouts. They carry some brands that are hard to find like Fody (products for people who can't tolerate small molecule carbohydrates like fructose), many non-dairy items at prices same as Publix. They have sales and specials too. Products are healthful and good nutrition. What you eat is important!
Old 05-28-2023, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
So, based on this thread, I went to Sprouts today and bought a few items. They have some different and interesting things.

When I was checking out, the cashier was putting items in plastic bags, but telling everyone, that starting on July 3, they will only have reusable bags for 10 cents each, or you can bring your own. I told her that, I would probably not be back because of that policy. What a dumb idea. Most of their products come in plastic or glass anyway, and it all gets burned at the garbage incinerator. I also don't shop at Aldi's because of their stupid 25 cent cart deposit. Why inconvenience your customers?
That 25 cent cart deposit makes for a nice cart-free parking lot and no dings in my car. Minimal inconvenience. I like shopping at Aldi because of their prices and selection. Also because I can get in and out faster than any other grocery store.
Old 05-28-2023, 06:42 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

The bag change will eliminate lots of things I buy there.
Old 05-28-2023, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
The bag change will eliminate lots of things I buy there.
I don't understand the reusable bag requirement. I bought 4 items and every one was packaged in throw away plastic containers. It seems hypocritical to require customers to bring their own bags, but sell your products in plastic containers that have a lot more plastic than the thin grocery bags. I don't get it.
Old 05-28-2023, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
That 25 cent cart deposit makes for a nice cart-free parking lot and no dings in my car. Minimal inconvenience. I like shopping at Aldi because of their prices and selection. Also because I can get in and out faster than any other grocery store.
Most car dings are caused by car doors when you park in a side-by-side parking space, not by carts. Publix and Winn-Dixie have angled parking that greatly reduces car dings. They also have cart corrals. I always park near a cart corral.
Old 05-28-2023, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

[QUOTE=retiredguy123;2221186]So, based on this thread, I went to Sprouts today and bought a few items. They have some different and interesting things.

When I was checking out, the cashier was putting items in plastic bags, but telling everyone, that starting on July 3, they will only have reusable bags for 10 cents each, or you can bring your own. I told her that, I would probably not be back because of that policy. What a dumb idea. Most of their products come in plastic or glass anyway, and it all gets burned at the garbage incinerator. I also don't shop at Aldi's because of their stupid 25 cent cart deposit. Why inconvenience your customers?[/QUOTE

You made a wise decision
many thank you
Bless your heart !
Old 05-28-2023, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Those who weren’t a fan of Earth Fare, aren’t going to be happy with Sprouts. Mainly organic, gluten free items, their own products, small bakery, and deli. One doesn’t grocery shop at a specialty grocery, you pick up what’s needed. Produce and fruit will stay edible twice as long as most grocery

Sale items are less $ than fresh market, I like their bulk section, meat and seafood over Fresh Market. Will they still be here in a year, probably, it’s a chain.

They do have really good pastry and pies.
Well, Earth Fare was a chain also as was Bed Bath & Beyond and many others. Without CUSTOMERS they won't be there or long. Big mistake (for those outside THE VILLAGES) was no large sign on 466 (just a small sign on a fence which just about totally blocks view of the store). and no direct entrance and not visible from 466. I guess that was one of "The Developers" requirements to be on TV property. Sadly if traffic that drives by doesn't know they are there it will hurt them dearly. From a BUSINESS point of view prospective customers who are randomly driving down 466 need to see you. REALLY surprised they built out that property as they did. Maybe a reason why there are no small businesses opening up in the strip of stores next to it yet. If your locations can't be seen by passersby, all you get is people who read or were told they are there. As good as they are without "by their door" traffic they won't last.

In OUR opinion, produce is great, meat and fish OK (we got some salmon which wasn't as good as the prepackaged stuff from Trader Joes and Aldi). They are (IMO) missing an actual fresh bakery and a large prepared foods dept like Whole Foods has but that isn't their thing. Their "prepackaged fresh" single serving foods are minimal.

They won't survive IN THE VILLAGES selling just good produce and barely any name brand items, they need TRAFFIC and CUSTOMERS. "Once a month" shoppers won't help them.
Everyone said how GREAT it was getting an EARTHFARE and how GREAT their meats were but after the first month or so the place was empty of customers then gone. The Villages isn't like Ocala or Orlando or Gainesville. Way different types of clientele.

If you want 100 varieties of coffee beans or the ability to buy $4 worth of bulk seasonings that will last you a year they have it but they need more than that to survive **HERE** in TV. Really surprises me of the LACK of visibility of the property and lack of easy access. They must have got a bangup deal from "The Developer."

Just my opinion of course and we all have those.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-28-2023, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We were delighted at first visit to Sprouts, but have had some really disappointing produce. A nice big sweet onion was spoiled inside and apples were spotted. Lettuce was past it's prime.

I was so excited at first but after several visits have returned to Publix.
Old 05-28-2023, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We were delighted at first visit to Sprouts, but have had some really disappointing produce. A nice big sweet onion was spoiled inside and apples were spotted. Lettuce was past it's prime.

Hi Gracie!
Old 05-28-2023, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Are you back?
Old 05-29-2023, 06:57 AM

It's nice to have Sprout's, it reduces some of the crowds at Publix.
Old 05-29-2023, 07:48 AM

You'd have to be pretty stupid to not know that Sprouts is there. Putting up a big sign won't help. Earth Fare had big signs. How did that work out?
Old 05-29-2023, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

I went there once, saw a whole bunch of stuff I would never eat or buy that I thought was very overpriced, and probably will not go there again.
Old 05-29-2023, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

I shop at Sprouts several times a week and really like the store. Great prepared meals to go, great fish and meat, great cheese selection and I like their cookies. My husband and I went to Aldi's once and bought nothing. Did not like anything about the store. It is great we have choices.
Old 05-29-2023, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I shop at Sprouts several times a week and really like the store. Great prepared meals to go, great fish and meat, great cheese selection and I like their cookies. My husband and I went to Aldi's once and bought nothing. Did not like anything about the store. It is great we have choices.
Choices here are great, like Aldi's good size turnover of produce so stuff is generally very good.
Closed Thread

Tags
sprouts, dozen, cars, i’m, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.