T-mobile cell service plan for 55+: any experience?

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geltner@verizon.net View Post
There is a senior (over 55) plan now available with T-mobile that I've read about. We use Verizon now and it seems like it would be about a $40. per month savings for us. Netflix is included. I was wondering if any of you have made the switch and what you think about the service? We are about to become snowbirds.
thanks to all,
I asked for a range extender and installed it in my house, I get 5 bars in the house and outside on the patio
No issues
They also have t mobile Tuesday’s with prizes and discounts on gas
Old 09-02-2021, 06:57 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,567 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you have Xfinity internet, one of the best cell phone deals is Xfinity Mobile. You get the Verizon network and unlimited talk and text and 1gb of data or $13.77 per month. Verizon is almost always rated as the best cell network.
Its also the most expensive and the quickest to tack on additional fees for things. I used them for about 15 years until I finally took the time to look around and get better service n rateswith AT&T. Shop around and youll see how overpriced verizon is
Old 09-02-2021, 07:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter123 View Post
$40 per line PLUS taxes and fees
The $70 T-Mobile plan includes ALL taxes and fees
Yeah, it it is TMobile. Not Verizon. Anything associated with Sprint can’t be good.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you have Xfinity internet, one of the best cell phone deals is Xfinity Mobile. You get the Verizon network and unlimited talk and text and 1gb of data or $13.77 per month. Verizon is almost always rated as the best cell network.
We switched from T-Mobile paying $70/mo for two lines to Xfinity and now pay $33/mo for two lines. We had been T-Mobile users for years in Atlanta, but changed when we moved to TV last year. Xfinity’s data doesn’t seem as responsive, but it hasn’t let us down.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:13 AM

Quote:
There is a senior (over 55) plan now available with T-mobile that I've read about. We use Verizon now and it seems like it would be about a $40. per month savings for us. Netflix is included. I was wondering if any of you have made the switch and what you think about the service? We are about to become snowbirds.
thanks to all,
I have the 55 magenta plan 50 a month..I've had tmobile for years..have had no issues and they have great customer service
Old 09-02-2021, 07:14 AM

It’s surprising to me that people are still paying $30 or more for cell service. We’ve used Mint Mobile for about 2 years now which uses TMobile towers and pay $15 a month per phone for unlimited talk, text and data! To get that rate, you have to prepay for a year.

All cell providers have some dead spots but we’ve previously had ATT and Verizon and I think that after Sprint and TMobile merged they now have the best coverage.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:19 AM

I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile a year ago. Two lines, unlimited everything, two new phones all for $70 a month - tax included - 2-year contract. I saw no difference in service between Verizon and T-Mobile. Remember the commercials for Sprint? The former Verizon spokesman touted that Sprint had the same coverage as Verizon. Well, T-Mobile bought Sprint. Also, as long as you make calls while connected to the Internet (WiFi). calls and texting are free - anywhere in the world.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:23 AM

And you can pick the sims card you want, either an AT&T or be T-Mobile, $10 at Target and Consumer Cell credits your acct for the $10. We change to the T-Mobile card when we go to Europe because you can use your phone there just like you do here using that sim card, as part of your plan. We have 3 phones, includes the home phone, unlimited calls, texts and 10gb of data for $74/mo. We rarely use anywhere near the data allotment, so we may cut back on our plan and save even more. Verizon was near $100 for 2 phones with limits on everything.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:24 AM

We've been with Sprint/Tmobile for 25 years. Coverage is good in most places but not as good as Verizon, or so I keep hearing. Overall we're happy with the coverage and pricing. 4 phones with unlimited minutes and data are $150 month on the 55+ plan with military discount. Great deal in my opinion.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:29 AM

We switched last year from Verizon to T Mobile. Coverage here in the southern villages is great. The Verizon coverage at our home was terrible. We saved about $80 a month over Verizon. Our bill is $95 two lines unlimited data talk and text. Plan includes Netflix
Old 09-02-2021, 07:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,212 Times in 765 Posts

If you travel, then Verizon has the best coverage. We found T Mobile to be spotty in areas.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:38 AM

We’ve used it for two years and it was good except some dead spots coming across 10 from Houston TX.

It was good in the villages area for sure about a year ago when they merged with a few other companies the dead spots disappeared and the service was as good as it gets.

I switched to xfinity got TB and Internet and they offered me a deal with unlimited calling but 3 GB of data per month for $30.00 per month for both phones.

Sometimes we exceed that data limit by 1 GB and the bill goes 2 $45.00 per month for both and that includes all taxes and fees.

So o switched from T-Mobile deal just to test it as it doesn’t require a contract so you can switch at anytime without penalty.

Kept our phones and numbers just changed the micro chips to those that they overnighted and followed simple instructions and we are in business.

I’m glad I switched service and coverage are great as they use Verizon towers and X finity has literally thousands of hot spots so you can remain on wi-fi most of the time regardless of where you are.

Quote:
thanks to all,
Old 09-02-2021, 07:41 AM

Another low cost, one flat rate fee service is Visible. I’ve been using the service for nearly 2 years. It’s a Verizon company. One unlimited line starts at $40 and two lines is $35. 3 lines is $30 and 4 lines is $25. This is on what they call their Party Pay . The down side is there are zero store fronts and any questions are answered via live chat or email.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:48 AM

There doesn't seem to be any good deals from any of the carriers if you only need a single line.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:52 AM
Default T-Mobile

Quote:
thanks to all,
We switched to T-Mobile last year. We now have 2 lines with everything unlimited plus Mexico, Canada, for less than 1 line was at Verizon. Very Happy with the service, always adding TV links for free as well. Sorry we didn't switch sooner, we lost thousands for service less than we now have.
Closed Thread

Tags
t-mobile, plan, service, wondering, included

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.