tee time-free golf?

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Sage
Default Re: tee time-free golf?

Gingersmom,

I hear what you are saying and it is a personal choice by your availability but i've run the numbers and my math is different:

Cost for couples priority membership for all 4 clubs for 12 months = $925

Average Cost savings for priority member vs resident member on all clubs is $10 ($5 in summer, $10 in fall and $15 in winter)

That is a total of $20 per couple per 18 holes.

$925 / $20 = 46.25 / 52 weeks = .9 times a week to break even.

so if you golf once a week for the year (52 times) you get above even. More than that and you make out $20 per 18. It's not 3 times per week.

For 6 months the math is a little closer

$740 / $20 = 37 / 26 weeks = 1.4 times a week to break even.

I don't live there but I is there something else I'm missing? I'm interested in buying a priority membership since I plan on playing about 3 times per week when I get down there.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Veteran member

We have paid the $60 a year since we moved here in July 2005. Joe likes to use the internet site for tee times and I like having the additional email account in the event my outlook is not working.

For priority membership, right now the fees are going up to the Winter/snow bird rates. Being a priority member you save a few bucks at the Championship courses but not a whole lot.

Since I am on the priority for pools, we can also use the pools that are connected to the championship courses, something not authorized for Village residents.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Sage

Fraggy,

From the website it looks like the savings are $10 in fall, $15 in winter and $5 in summer. Correct?

If so then my calculations as to use would be correct.

Can anyone verify my math?

Thanks,
Old 10-16-2007, 07:42 PM

Russ, if you factor in that the priority membership also includes the trail fee for the executive courses, (@$140.00), then the break even point would be even better. That assumes that those who would play championship golf would also take to the executive courses.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Eternal Member

Remember if it is a single person priority membership, the executive trail fee is only for the owner of the priority pass. Anyone else in the residence has to putchase a separate Executive trail fees for $105.93 a year. Go to www.thevillages.net and at the bottom on the right hand side is the trails fee pdf.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Sage

Ok. But the priority membership still pays for itself if you are a golfer. Who knows, when i get there i may play pickleball all the time and give up golf. Ok that's not going to happen but i may only play golf 3 days a week.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 AM

zcaveman, So if you purchase a couples priority membership, you still have to purchase a trail card for one of the couple. I just assumed it covered a couple if that is what you purchased. If you purchased a single priority membership, I can see needing a trail fee for the spouse. I am still debating buying a priority membership. My wife is just learning and she is much more comfortable on the executives. Buying a priority just for myself means it takes a lot longer to break even. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Eternal Member

If you purchased a couples priority membership, both of you would be covered on the executive trails fees and it would allow your wife to play on the championship courses at the priority rate. Also, as a couples priority membership, you get the country club pools.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:05 AM

We got our thevillages.net account this week through Comcast. Very simple to do but you must go to the Comcast office in person, give them your username and password of your thevillages.net account and they take care of the rest. Very simple...but you must have high speed internet to get this savings. You no longer have to pay the $5 a month to thevillages.net. Yearly savings of $60.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.