Tesla Tesla - Page 13 - Talk of The Villages Florida

Tesla

Reply
Thread Tools
  #181  
Unread Today, 07:45 AM
jrref jrref is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Osceola Hills, The Villages
Posts: 2,290
Thanks: 641
Thanked 1,225 Times in 706 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Where is the closest service center to The Villages?
Clermont
  #182  
Unread Today, 07:54 AM
jrref jrref is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Osceola Hills, The Villages
Posts: 2,290
Thanks: 641
Thanked 1,225 Times in 706 Posts
Default

I had an interesting experience yesterday. My Tesla developed a noise in the drivers door, like a marble rolling when I accelerated and decelerated. I used the Tesla app to schedule service. 5 days later I drove down to Clermont parked the car and checked in with a service rep.. They got the assigned tech to come out and take a test drive with me to confirm the noise. Very nice guy. They took the car, had me go to a very nice waiting room with free coffee and snacks and after 1 hr and 15 minutes I got a text that the work was done and where to go get my car. Apparently, there was an extra "clip" I guess from the factory moving around in the door making the noise.

What I really found interesting was except for the initial sign-in, everything was done through the app.. There was even a very detailed report on exactly what the technician observed and did.

My neighbor had some routine wheel rotation done by Tesla's mobile service unit a couple of weeks ago. Basically the same price only he didn't have to drive anywhere.

So far, this whole Tesla experience from purchasing the car to service has been incredible compared to buying a car at a dealer. Fixed price, no hassle, no negotiating, and no upsell on the service. I wonder if other car manufacturers will ever adopt this process? I know many years ago Saturn did something like this but they are not around anymore.
  #183  
Unread Today, 10:11 AM
JRcorvette JRcorvette is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2022
Posts: 882
Thanks: 874
Thanked 622 Times in 324 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipd411 View Post
You can plug your destination into Tesla’s online Trip Planner and just a trip planner to see the times it would take. , but I’ve found that using the planner right in the Tesla gives us a better idea of how long the trip will take.

We take several 10-hour trips every year. We used to drive our Chrysler Pacifica, and we’ve also driven a Ford C-Max Hybrid. Now we take our Model Y, so we’ve had a chance to compare.

Plus the car has cut my fuel/maintence bill by $280 to $300 a month.

For a rough efficiency comparison, 27 MPG for a gas-powered Pacifica, 42 MPG for a C-Max Hybrid, and around 120 MPGe for a Model Y. We saved money even supercharging.

We usually stop for breakfast and lunch anyway, so we find places where we can charge while we eat. You can charge just enough to make it to the next charging station, but we like to charge to 80% when we’re on the road.

For us, the Model Y has added about 30 minutes to the trip compared with our Pacifica. On a 10-hour drive, that really doesn’t bother us. But those extra 30 minutes might matter to you, and that’s fair. Just sharing what it’s been like for us.

Plus using FSD removes stress. The first time we used FSD to drive to Knoxille we arrived much more refreshed.
Thanks for your input. We use to drive back and forth to Knoxville twice a year but sold our home up there. My neighbor has a Tesla and every time I ride with them I am amazed. Just wondering if it makes sense to Lease or Purchase. I think selling an EV can be a challenge unless you sell it cheap.
  #184  
Unread Today, 11:05 AM
revfiddle revfiddle is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 29
Thanks: 60
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Smile FSD has a faster reaction time that human reaction time.

I use FSD about 97% of the time. It's a safer driver than me, with a much faster reaction time. I am glad to pay the $100 per month subscription.
  #185  
Unread Today, 11:24 AM
JGibson JGibson is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Paradise City
Posts: 904
Thanks: 1
Thanked 824 Times in 358 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
I had an interesting experience yesterday. My Tesla developed a noise in the drivers door, like a marble rolling when I accelerated and decelerated. I used the Tesla app to schedule service. 5 days later I drove down to Clermont parked the car and checked in with a service rep.. They got the assigned tech to come out and take a test drive with me to confirm the noise. Very nice guy. They took the car, had me go to a very nice waiting room with free coffee and snacks and after 1 hr and 15 minutes I got a text that the work was done and where to go get my car. Apparently, there was an extra "clip" I guess from the factory moving around in the door making the noise.

What I really found interesting was except for the initial sign-in, everything was done through the app.. There was even a very detailed report on exactly what the technician observed and did.

My neighbor had some routine wheel rotation done by Tesla's mobile service unit a couple of weeks ago. Basically the same price only he didn't have to drive anywhere.

So far, this whole Tesla experience from purchasing the car to service has been incredible compared to buying a car at a dealer. Fixed price, no hassle, no negotiating, and no upsell on the service. I wonder if other car manufacturers will ever adopt this process? I know many years ago Saturn did something like this but they are not around anymore.
The problem with Saturn is that they were made like junk unlike a Tesla.
  #186  
Unread Today, 02:08 PM
Pugchief's Avatar
Pugchief Pugchief is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 154
Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenelRibet View Post
Tesla just released 7 new models!
Not sure where you got that info, but false. They are currently only selling 3 models new:
-Model 3 sedan
-Model Y crossover SUV
-Cybertruck

You can still get Models S & X used.
  #187  
Unread Today, 02:10 PM
Pugchief's Avatar
Pugchief Pugchief is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 154
Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
I forget if this was discussed already but has anyone got the Tesla windshield insurance for $16/month? I know there are pro's and con's since it's covered in our auto insurance but every claim is treated as a comprehensive claim and could increase your rates. I don't do a lot of highway driving but all you need is one truck to kick up a rock and you may get a chip right in you line of site. Just curious what everyone thinks about it.
False. Only collision claims increase your premium, and then generally only if you were at fault. Comprehensive claims are faultless and should have zero effect on your premium.
  #188  
Unread Today, 02:24 PM
ohioshooter ohioshooter is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 553
Thanks: 38
Thanked 437 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
Not sure where you got that info, but false. They are currently only selling 3 models new:
-Model 3 sedan
-Model Y crossover SUV
-Cybertruck

You can still get Models S & X used.
I believe there are 7 different choices of model 3 and Y model.
  #189  
Unread Today, 02:26 PM
Altavia Altavia is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 5,255
Thanks: 2,133
Thanked 3,941 Times in 1,934 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
False. Only collision claims increase your premium, and then generally only if you were at fault. Comprehensive claims are faultless and should have zero effect on your premium.
Multiple comprehensive claims can increase your premium.

Our State Fame premium went up a couple of year ago. Agent indicated 3 (window) claims within 3 years as the reason. All 3 were window damage from Turnpike construction debris.

It supposedly was the number of claims that triggered the increase.
  #190  
Unread Today, 05:19 PM
Pugchief's Avatar
Pugchief Pugchief is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 154
Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
I believe there are 7 different choices of model 3 and Y model.
Sure. But none of them are new, and they are not different models. Just different variations of the same existing models.
  #191  
Unread Today, 05:20 PM
Pugchief's Avatar
Pugchief Pugchief is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 154
Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Multiple comprehensive claims can increase your premium.

Our State Fame premium went up a couple of year ago. Agent indicated 3 (window) claims within 3 years as the reason. All 3 were window damage from Turnpike construction debris.

It supposedly was the number of claims that triggered the increase.
Maybe multiple, IDK. But generally speaking, it's collision claims that cause premiums to rise.
Reply

Tags
tesla, lot, teslas, area


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.