Today at 5:23 PM Thanks for the complaints!

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
snipped

Believe in DEED RESTRICTIONS..., without them this place would look slummy in about a month.
Hmmmmm.....'slummy'? Alas and alack! Another dispersion cast on the historic neighborhoods which clearly demonstrate their individuality, personal character, and most of all - a sense of humor! Nothing cookie cutter about us!

Old 05-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,515 Times in 1,913 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Hmmmmm.....'slummy'? Alas and alack! Another dispersion cast on the historic neighborhoods which clearly demonstrate their individuality, personal character, and most of all - a sense of humor! Nothing cookie cutter about us!

njbchbum, no dispersion meant to be cast on the historic neighborhoods. We have choices here in The Villages and I choose the area with the stricter deed restrictions.

And I applaud the individuality, personal character and sense of humor of all villagers.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Here's a nearby place that doesn't worry about these things. Vote with your wallet.

Lake Weir Preserve - Lake Weir Preserve

HOA (Home-Owner Association) fees & restrictions, and CDD or bond fees are not part of the active adult lifestyle at Lake Weir Preserve
Isn't that the same thing as saying If you don't like it, move?

I was just about to comment that this and the bus parking have both been debated with civility. I hope they won't turn nasty.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
I want to thank the individual, or individuals who must have issues with the home owners in the village of Tamarind Grove. A complaint was filed with “Deed Compliance” concerning “Lawn Ornaments”, 97 separate complaints! The complaints range from “Decorative flags” to statues! Before everyone jumps on me, I understand the rules, BUT 97 complaints! I have been informed that this person or persons have also gone into St James and Buttonwood! This is NOT a small issue this is a personal vendetta. When does this stop? Do we really need this type of reporting, people in the neighbors have had no issues, but a person who outside the village can travel anywhere and file complaints?
I would be sure to get a background check done of this person. I would fear that their mental health is severely unstable..................who would spend the little time they have left on this is INSANE......MENTALLY ILL.....why does she or he not CHOOSE to go to a soup kitchen or volunteer for Habitat for Humanity instead....do some volunteer work for a local church???SICK, SICK SICK....
Old 05-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Let me try and bring this back to the original issue. One item is a violation. Anyone can file a compliant. No one can defend by stating the value, the beauty or the number. The posters are correct, the deed states no lawn ornaments. Now drive around, of course you see them. My issues is with a person on a personal mission, turning in hundreds of people. The person does not live in my village. Yes they have the right, but wow, what a power trip. Heck the person does not even need to live in the villages. The other issue in the compliance people are telling different people different rules. The other funny issue is that as they are talking to reported homeowners, they do no address homeowners who have ornaments but no one reported them. The system is not working!
The system is working. My neighborhood follows the rules & looks great. It doesn't matter if someone turns in 1 or 97, if they are violations, they are violations. Doesn't matter what Village you live in, you are free to call about those that aren't following the rules within the Villages.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
If home owners haven't been reported, isn't that because neighbors find their ornaments acceptable and tasteful?
And therefore, isn't the System working as it should?
It only means the ornaments aren't bad enough to call. If it's not really an eyesore, some people may not notice it. However, I had a neighbor that put a golf bag out and put a big bunch of plastic flowers in it and put it in their flower bed. I think not.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafoto View Post
I think the system is broken. I think instead of having to report someone for the heinous crime of placing a small ceramic statue in their garden, the person who is offended by said statue should have to confront the classless buffoon face to face. I can imagine the conversation would go like this, " Hi Johnny I am your neighbor 5 doors down the block and I drive down the street everyday and I am appalled at your lack of taste and class with your choice of lawn decoration! Get rid of that lawn gnome right now!" Johnny might reply with," Oh its nice to meet you! I have seen you and your lovely wife riding down the street with your gnome documentation equipment. That is you right? You have that neon pink cart with all the little fuzzy dice hanging from roof. I love those floral Moo Moos your wife wears and those clown sunglasses are just priceless! Well listen about my yard gnome....I am retired and I just dont give a sh-- any more. I moved down here to Americas friendliest hometown so that I can spend what time i have left on this planet just relaxing. I have lots of friends here who dont care how much money I have, or what kind of car I drive, and they certainly dont care if I have a lawn gnome or not! So listen when you pass my house in the future please just avert your eyes and keep right on going. And one last thing... please tell your wife that Omar the tent maker is having a sale on Moomoos this week!"
Really ?? You want to compare someone size to lawn ornaments that may affect home resale ! Deed restrictions are a rule that people agreed to.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,515 Times in 1,913 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
I am very sorry Maria. Slummy was a terrible word and I regret using it.

I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings. Two people who I care very much about live in the historical section and although I have never been to either of their homes it wouldn't matter to me what they looked like. or if they had fourteen bend over ladies in their yard. It wouldn't matter to me if they decided to wear a Mohawk and gain four hundred pounds and become a ...well maybe not THAT..

But two dear people I may have insulted and I am sorry. And anyone else that I hurt with my callous remark, I apologize to. So sorry. My aim was not that at all.. Lafoto? You and I can't see eye to eye. Because most people DO give a sh*t.

And keeping our property nice is important. It affects other people. not just us.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
snipped

But two dear people I may have insulted and I am sorry. And anyone else that I hurt with my callous remark, I apologize to. So sorry. My aim was not that at all.. Lafoto? You and I can't see eye to eye. Because most people DO give a sh*t.

And caring that we keep things nice is important. It affects other people.
Fear not! Did not take your post personally - just had ta poke atcha. Know you too well and know that 'slummy' was a knee-jerk reaction. I often refer to our villages as just a bit out of the ordinary!

Old 05-09-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I think the system is broken. I think instead of having to report someone for the heinous crime of placing a small ceramic statue in their garden, the person who is offended by said statue should have to confront the classless buffoon face to face. I can imagine the conversation would go like this, " Hi Johnny I am your neighbor 5 doors down the block and I drive down the street everyday and I am appalled at your lack of taste and class with your choice of lawn decoration! Get rid of that lawn gnome right now!" Johnny might reply with," Oh its nice to meet you! I have seen you and your lovely wife riding down the street with your gnome documentation equipment. That is you right? You have that neon pink cart with all the little fuzzy dice hanging from roof. I love those floral Moo Moos your wife wears and those clown sunglasses are just priceless! Well listen about my yard gnome....I am retired and I just dont give a sh-- any more. I moved down here to Americas friendliest hometown so that I can spend what time i have left on this planet just relaxing. I have lots of friends here who dont care how much money I have, or what kind of car I drive, and they certainly dont care if I have a lawn gnome or not! So listen when you pass my house in the future please just avert your eyes and keep right on going. And one last thing... please tell your wife that Omar the tent maker is having a sale on Moomoos this week!"
Lafoto - Not sure why you have resorted to insulting the people who you call your neighbors in this "friendliest town"... but you seem to be missing the point of the original posts and responses. When you purchased your home, if it was in the newer districts, there were very specific conditions for how your house and property would look. Are you aware that if your weeds get out of control, you will be cited? It's in the agreement you signed and said you would abide by. Taking your analogy, then I should be pulling people over who are driving unsafely on the highway and place them in a citizen's arrest rather than calling 911 for help? I should be confronting the shoplifter in a store rather than calling security?

If I wanted to take my chances on the neighbors to the left and right of me, I'd have purchased a home in Summerfield or Fruitland Park. I didn't. I purchased a home and live by the rules I agreed to follow.

I would say to those who violate these rules, put a for sale sign up on your house and move out of The Villages and into the Wilds....
Old 05-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:

That must have taken quite some time to think that through, the again...maybe not.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

Before I moved into my new home in TV, I was warned that there were people from anywhere in TV, who would ride around and file complaints against anything that appeared to them to be in violation of deed restrictions. Well, I was pretty scared when Direct TV came to install the "dish". I must have asked him 10 times if the location would be OK. I spent countless nights worrying that I could be a violator.
To play the devils advocate, I see many homes with flower pots that I would consider distasteful; I see flower beds that look unkept; I see lawn furniture on porches that don't match at all or have seen better days; I see garage doors open and the insides are a mess. These ARE NOT infractions of the deed regulations but they can be unsightly and legal.
I think there is something grossly wrong with people from a different village/neighborhood making complaints about another persons property in another area. I may like the bronze bird in my neighbors front yard. I may like my other neighbors gazing ball. Since I am the one who looks at it every day, what right should someone from another village tell ME what I can look at. If I DISLIKED it, I would understand my or my neighbors complaint.
I like the deed restrictions, but I think this particular area should be reconsidered. It is plane wrong for people to ride around playing "deed" police.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 05-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
Before I moved into my new home in TV, I was warned that there were people from anywhere in TV, who would ride around and file complaints against anything that appeared to them to be in violation of deed restrictions. Well, I was pretty scared when Direct TV came to install the "dish". I must have asked him 10 times if the location would be OK. I spent countless nights worrying that I could be a violator.
To play the devils advocate, I see many homes with flower pots that I would consider distasteful; I see flower beds that look unkept; I see lawn furniture on porches that don't match at all or have seen better days; I see garage doors open and the insides are a mess. These ARE NOT infractions of the deed regulations but they can be unsightly and legal.
I think there is something grossly wrong with people from a different village/neighborhood making complaints about another persons property in another area. I may like the bronze bird in my neighbors front yard. I may like my other neighbors gazing ball. Since I am the one who looks at it every day, what right should someone from another village tell ME what I can look at. If I DISLIKED it, I would understand my or my neighbors complaint.
I like the deed restrictions, but I think this particular area should be reconsidered. It is plane wrong for people to ride around playing "deed" police.
I certainly wouldn't go all around the Villages looking for people to call on. However, what goes on in all of the Villages can affect all of our property values, not just that street.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
I would be sure to get a background check done of this person. I would fear that their mental health is severely unstable..................who would spend the little time they have left on this is INSANE......MENTALLY ILL.....why does she or he not CHOOSE to go to a soup kitchen or volunteer for Habitat for Humanity instead....do some volunteer work for a local church???SICK, SICK SICK....

Rather dramatic, no?
Old 05-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
Wow, this is quite post !!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.