Trailwinds 466A.....by cart?

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2020, 09:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Unless you’re going to or from a golf course, Why, Why, Why?

I just don’t understand what mature adults find enjoyable about riding around The Villages in bumpy, smelly and uncomfortable golf carts.

Even my visiting grandchildren, once they got a driver’s license, dropped the golf carts like they were an old toy.
"Bumpy, smelly, and uncomfortable".....those old Corvettes sure were fun to drive.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Unless you’re going to or from a golf course, Why, Why, Why?

I just don’t understand what mature adults find enjoyable about riding around The Villages in bumpy, smelly and uncomfortable golf carts.

Even my visiting grandchildren, once they got a driver’s license, dropped the golf carts like they were an old toy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Mainly because it's often fun and it's part of The Villages lifestyle. Also saves on gas vs insurance of a 2nd car. That plus we all don't have 2 cars (some people have none) so the GC is their 2nd vehicle and since this is a "GOLF CART COMMUNITY' they drive around in golf carts. Aside from all that, mine has A/C & heat so your comment does not affect me but I did drive one for a couple months in july/aug and while it ain't like A/C it wasn't that awful. There are a lot more golf carts here than there are people who play golf so I would guess you are in the minority with your opinion.
The above plus.....60 years of driving cars has gotten a bit monotonous - I feel that the MMPs are safer then roads - easier to find parking - with the windshield down brings back memories of being on a motorcycle...etc etc etc
Old 01-14-2020, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
I searched the forum - nothing found.

I prefer cart travel over car travel but my cart is not street legal. Yes I have parked my cart in the Village neighborhood across from Trailwinds and walked over but there is no fun in that!

Part of Trailwinds is contiguous to TV.

Any idea if one day there may be a cart path leading to the treasure trove of retailers?
No carts..not village..is wildwood property...take your car
Old 01-14-2020, 07:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
800 subs in one day? I like Jersey Mikes (there was one about 1/2 mile from me in NJ) but I'd take that with a grain of kosher salt, ham & turkey with some peppers and no mayo or onions! They are opened 11 hours so that would be at minimum 73 subs continuously every hour they were opened! Even with 2 people continuously making them all day and doing nothing else like taking cash or going to the bathroom or having lunch that would be 36.5 subs per person every hour or almost 2 subs every MINUTE !!!! Maybe he meant 80 ?

However I do agree with you on the rest of your post.
Well last Tuesday alone, one of the bigger clubs in TV had over 200 subs at their meeting from Jersey Mike's, sooo that makes sense.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
The Trailwinds development is actually part of Wildwood, and it has been announced NO golf cart access from TV. I actually looked at Google earth and there is only 1 location where this could be done, at one of the pools, and this would be very detrimental to the home owners in the area.
I'm wondering what pool you are talking about? I don't know of any pool's that have an exit to any shopping area.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda J View Post
I'm wondering what pool you are talking about? I don't know of any pool's that have an exit to any shopping area.
Back when TV was trying to buy that land, the golf cart access proposal was going to be through the Tamarind Grove postal station and pool park, then onto Tamarind Grove Run. It would have split that beautiful park in half, cut down many majestic trees, and ruined the peaceful atmosphere at the pool. Not to mention the fact of overloading Tamarind Grove Run with traffic it wasn't designed for. I for one cheered when Wildwood wouldn't go along with the sale of Trailwinds to TV.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:24 AM
Default Correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I believe TV plan was to build homes, villas and no commercial property since Pinellas Plaza was already there. Wildwood voted no for probably the first time and said they wanted commercial development. The Villages could of proposed something different, but didn't see the possibilties the same way The Barclay Group did, mixed use. They develop shopping centers all over the country and we're almost in their backyard since they are based in Safety Harbor next to Clearwater.

The Villages Florida
Now that is the correct story which is the developer wanted to build more houses and Wildwood said they wanted infrastructure that would help the rest of the residents of Wildwood with shopping.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
I searched the forum - nothing found.

I prefer cart travel over car travel but my cart is not street legal. Yes I have parked my cart in the Village neighborhood across from Trailwinds and walked over but there is no fun in that!

Part of Trailwinds is contiguous to TV.

Any idea if one day there may be a cart path leading to the treasure trove of retailers?
We seniors are aging much faster than we expected. Golf carts are becoming a mandatory mode of transportation to many of us. Access to Trailwinds and other shopping areas WITHOUT cart access WILL be an added bonus and selling point for The Villages, NOW who volunteers to put that golf path entrance/exit access through their property? These access gates must be in the building stages so homeowners know if that traffic abuts their property (i.e. Winifred from Buena Vista by Palmer golf course). The golf cart access gate at Country Club Hills to medical facilities was closed, WITHOUT much of the public knowing why. Was it a security issue or what???? Inquiring minds need to know...
Old 01-14-2020, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I guess I read that wrong. But.....giving Wildwood residents access to TV MMPs would have been even worse. I'm so glad the Morses told Wildwood to go take a hike!
Actually, it was the other way around. Wildwood was the one who wouldn't budge.

In any event, I agree with the poster who said why would they give golf cart access to retailers who aren't on TV property? They need to be supporting their own customers.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:23 AM

Not going to happen, ever. Trail Winds is not owned by TV's. City of Wildwood refused to approve the purchase of the property by TV.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Most of us have golf carts because we no longer have the need to get somewhere every time we get into a vehicle, that carts provide a way to enjoy nature and a more intimate spontaneous relationship with people, many we never met before. My visiting grandkids all have drivers licenses and when they are here, unless they leave the bubbly, they only use carts. They are learning the enjoyment of a "retired" life style pace at the age of 17 and 19. There are people here who don't get the lifestyle yet for some reason moved here. It's ok, just that you are missing a lot of what this place has to offer.
Right on - power to the cart!!
Old 01-14-2020, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

We only use our cart for golf. Never take it to restaurants, squares or shopping.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
Well last Tuesday alone, one of the bigger clubs in TV had over 200 subs at their meeting from Jersey Mike's, sooo that makes sense.
Well, that's not 800 and he said IIRC Thursday. Plus they could have been ordered and made over multiple days so I guess they could have statistically fudged that stat into 800 SOLD in one day but not necessarily made. I'll give 'em that although they might be a little stale! I'll walk in there on Wed when they open and tell 'em I need 800 by the next day and see what they say!

Edit: Or maybe the 200 was 100 sliced in half or 800 was 100 sliced in 8ths !!!
Old 01-14-2020, 10:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Well, that's not 800 and he said IIRC Thursday. Plus they could have been ordered and made over multiple days so I guess they could have statistically fudged that stat into 800 SOLD in one day but not necessarily made. I'll give 'em that although they might be a little stale! I'll walk in there on Wed when they open and tell 'em I need 800 by the next day and see what they say!

Edit: Or maybe the 200 was 100 sliced in half or 800 was 100 sliced in 8ths !!!
Jersey Mike's doesn't make their subs in advance. They get phone-in orders all the time, especially at this new location. That's why they have 8 people usually on a day shift. They're the #1 location in America. 800 subs, would be regulars, not giants. A regular is a half of a giant, it's the standard sub. If walked in and said you needed 800 subs, Randy would say, what do you want on them and how are you going to pay? For an order that big, they have another location 9 miles away and the owner Jake is a phone call away. You can find ways to make things work if you're a good business. I was in there about two weeks ago and he had 100 subs going to Eisenhower Center. It's SOP.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:31 PM
Default More Than One Way To Skin a Cat

With reference to GC access to Trailwinds, I too, doubt there will ever be access. However, the reverse is not so clear. Many people in the surrounding areas can easily put their GC on a trailer, drive over to TV, park, unload GC and travel throughout TV. That little red button opens all gates if you even need one to get thru. I suspect that many Villagers, South of 44 are doing that as well. I'm sure the Morse's see that as $'s coming into TV & therefore would make no effort to restrict. The question then arises, haven't we as homeowners helped to pay for the multi-modal paths? Shouldn't they, in theory, be restricted to Villagers only? Personally I don't really care, but I do see parking becoming a serious issue in TV, esp around Brownwood Paddock Square. Between all the new bldgs. going up and the use of what were overflow parking areas (grassy areas) being now built upon big events such as the Strawberry Festival, parking will simply be unavailable. Perhaps its time for The Villages to develop its own transportation ie buses/trolley system that caters to all Villagers & not just those interested in possibly buying here. Hint, hint!
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, trailwinds, travel, fun, part

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.