Trespassing

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
Is it fact or fiction that TV doesn't include attic stairs in homes (e.g., in garages) because they fear "snoopers" getting injured?
I think it is more of a financial decision.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
I love your tag line video - great memories.
Glad you enjoyed it. Just a couple more weeks and will be back there to enjoy it with my coffee and morning walks! What's better than Summer at the Jersey Shore? Only the Winter in Florida!

Old 04-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Email Reported As Spam

RV slowly I turned and step by step by step.....................

My neighbor had an RV parked on his driveway and because of it I lost 6 months before my house sold. It so happened that my company wanted me to move in the month of September. Not a good time to sale normally. Well in February a realtor called me and explained that his client saw my house back in September and wanted to buy it but refused to even look because of the RV next door. The realtor toured my home early on and was convinced his client would buy it and told her so. I called my neighbor who apologized and immediately relocated the RV and bang the client wanted the house and wanted us to move within two weeks we countered with the end of March. The client took our price ...It was that darn RV

so again I say RV slowly I turned and step by step...........
Old 04-12-2015, 06:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum;10***09
So who owns the house with the RV garage being built on Schwartz that folks are feeling free to browse?
Who owns it? Does it matter?
Old 04-12-2015, 06:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
When we built our condo in Michigan, there were certain points at which we had to pony up large chunks of cash for materials. There were three lots of this. I considered it our house even if the closing hadn't taken place--it certainly was our money in there. And I considered anybody who helped themselves to being on the property uninvited to be trespassers.

The builder had other condos to show us before we built. They were owned by people who agreed to show them to us. Some were models. He even took us to his own house. No need to enter uninvited to someone else's property.

I understand that when someone puts a deposit on a house, it is normal; to think of it as "your" house, even when a builder requires a draw until completion.

Let's put if this way: If someone tripped and fell on the property, inside or outside the house, if they sued, they wouldn't be suing you because you are not yet the actual owner.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Gold member

actually, in this particular case, the RV home.. the woman owns the land that the builder she chose is building on. I do believe that she would be responsible if they indeed charged her and not the tresspassers on her property .

in regards to the villages homes, the morse people would pay since you are correct. you do not take ownership until the closing.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:29 AM
Platinum member

If someone is injured while they are "touring" and unfinished home and they sue, the lawyers will come after the ones with the deepest pockets. Just becasue a person has only put down some earnest money doesn't mean they are not going to be part of a law suit.

Construction areas are dangerous places. As I have gotten older and hopefully wiser, I would just stay away.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
actually, in this particular case, the RV home.. the woman owns the land that the builder she chose is building on. I do believe that she would be responsible if they indeed charged her and not the tresspassers on her property .

in regards to the villages homes, the morse people would pay since you are correct. you do not take ownership until the closing.
Yes, in the case of this RV home, you are correct. The woman does own the property and she would be the one responsible for anything bad happening.

In this case the builder should post "No Tresspassing" signs but I don't know if that would prevent her from being responsible if there was a law suit. Interesting question!
Old 04-13-2015, 03:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
If someone is injured while they are "touring" and unfinished home and they sue, the lawyers will come after the ones with the deepest pockets. Just becasue a person has only put down some earnest money doesn't mean they are not going to be part of a law suit.

Construction areas are dangerous places. As I have gotten older and hopefully wiser, I would just stay away.

And how would Mr. or Mrs. "Deepest Pockets" be determined???

Why would someone who only has a deposit on a property be sued when in fact, they don't own the property?
I'm pretty sure you are not correct.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:02 AM
Gold member

until your name is on the title you don't down anything
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.